Post-Game Talk: Well, that happened. Stanley Cup Finals post-series talk.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
PUNCTUATION

At least the NFL admitted their fault in the Saints screwjob and are taking the necessary steps to prevent it from happening again.

Time will tell if the NHL will do the same like they should.

This is what disturbs me the most about this and what I think could lose new fans if the NHL makes no statement or try to address the issue.

CM

Apr 24, 2019
I am a Vegas fan and yes the call was not the finest. However, we need to take a deeper look at the team. The call didn't lose us the series. The fact that we blew a 3-1 series lead is much more concerning to me than a blown call. Where did we go wrong?

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
I am a Vegas fan and yes the call was not the finest. However, we need to take a deeper look at the team. The call didn't lose us the series. The fact that we blew a 3-1 series lead is much more concerning to me than a blown call. Where did we go wrong?

I've felt all season that there was a lack of something to play for on this team. Last season, it was pick your motivation whether it was 10/1, prove them wrong, get a contract, etc. This season they struggled with consistency and I think that could be a result of lack of motivation or a rallying point. Due to the way this season ended, I think they will have their rallying point for next season.

I mean there were structural issues (suspensions, major injury issues, integrating new players), but all that is fairly commonplace in the NHL. I think the issue was deeper this season.

Gallant even said he wondered what happened to the "golden misfits."

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
I've felt all season that there was a lack of something to play for on this team. Last season, it was pick your motivation whether it was 10/1, prove them wrong, get a contract, etc. This season they struggled with consistency and I think that could be a result of lack of motivation or a rallying point. Due to the way this season ended, I think they will have their rallying point for next season.

I mean there were structural issues (suspensions, major injury issues, integrating new players), but all that is fairly commonplace in the NHL. I think the issue was deeper this season.

Gallant even said he wondered what happened to the "golden misfits."

Gallant has half a year to figure out what happened. The team will be the same next year and if he doesn't figure out what happened we have a problem.

I would hope to see him take some of the responsibility, that would be a good start. He not calling out the timeout was a huge huge deal (in hindsight ofc), and something he could have done differently. You don't need to keep the greatest speech ever, but at least give the guys a minute to regroup.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Igright

Apr 18, 2015

That apology will sure make everything better.

Many contenders lost in the 1st round. The Golden Knights could really have been the main contender under such circumstances. The refs stopped our team not only from winning the series, but probably also from winning the Stanley Cup.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Many contenders lost in the 1st round. The Golden Knights could really have been the main contender under such circumstances. The refs stopped our team not only from winning the series, but probably also from winning the Stanley Cup.
I'm willing to go as far as Game 7, which means winning the series.

Guessing what happens in the following rounds is a little too much.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Maybe MAF came back from injury early and still feeling the effects, but he was bad. Major reason Vegas it out.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Maybe MAF came back from injury early and still feeling the effects, but he was bad. Major reason Vegas it out.
Gallant said the Fleury thing wasn't a real thing. They were just getting him rest.

There's no real reason to not tell the truth now that they're out.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Gallant said the Fleury thing wasn't a real thing. They were just getting him rest.

There's no real reason to not tell the truth now that they're out.

I see, then he was just bad.

A goaltender can drag along a team playing poorly. Very hard to overcome bad goaltending

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I see, then he was just bad.

A goaltender can drag along a team playing poorly. Very hard to overcome bad goaltending
I think he was fine. I mean, he wasn't amazing or anything and he let in some softies, but I don't really count any of that 4 goal flurry against anyone but Gallant for not putting shit together quick enough. Outside of him, I'm considering the power play an act of God.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV

For a freaking interview he gave? Real classy. :help:

This is about sharks fans trolling Marchys IG page. Specifically the most recent post with a pic of his two young kids. The sharks fans get really nasty. Sharks fans talking major shit and crossing the line about his kids and Marchy replies back to some of them with f bombs. I don't blame him. Kids should be off limits.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
This is about sharks fans trolling Marchys IG page. Specifically the most recent post with a pic of his two young kids. The sharks fans get really nasty. Sharks fans talking major **** and crossing the line about his kids and Marchy replies back to some of them with f bombs. I don't blame him. Kids should be off limits.
Absolutely, I don't like it period, if our fans do it, if their fans do it, if any fans do it. Unfortunately we live in a pretty stupid time, where if you say anything people don't like, people will set out to ruin your life or hound you incessantly and god forbid you ever having said anything un-PC, ever. Society in general has lost it's resilience and it's costing us now, and will cost us dearly in the future.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Absolutely, I don't like it period, if our fans do it, if their fans do it, if any fans do it. Unfortunately we live in a pretty stupid time, where if you say anything people don't like, people will set out to ruin your life or hound you incessantly and god forbid you ever having said anything un-PC, ever. Society in general has lost it's resilience and it's costing us now, and will cost us dearly in the future.

What's sad is that many of the commenters are women. Is holding them to a higher standard ok or is this discrimination?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Well took some time away from hockey and i feel better for it.

Looking back at the series, i have to say while the call was disgusting, the penalty kill was even more disgusting.

With the way the Knights played this series, i didn't see them going far even if they made it past the Sharks.

If Jones wasn't swiss cheese in the first 4 games, this series could have gone a lot differently.

In the end, i feel like losing the way they did might be a blessing in disguise.

Their play this entire season was bad. They got somewhat better in the 2nd half, especially with those games when they traded for Stone. Even then though, they played like shit heading into the playoffs.

Hopefully this series loss opens their eyes and wakes them the f*** up for next season considering the fact that i don't think the west will be as bad as it was this season.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad