Post-Game Talk: Well I'm Freeeeeeee, Freeeee Fallin'... Pens -1, CBJ-2

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I like how a week ago Dejan was all like "they tired omg 2 games in a row stupid fans cut them some slack" and now is like "everything is on fire! they soft! crosby is runnin the show!"

I let all those idiot fans know it too, because after my comment on that column I had a million replies like:

"See, you're exactly the type of fan Dejan's talking about!!!"

I started trolling yesterday. It was pretty funny.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Sid hates Dubinsky, I highly doubt Sid would ever tell him that.

Just from being a fighter and being in a box with a guy for 5 mintues my guess the conversation took place there. Dubi was probably giving him **** for doing the old rag doll instead of squaring off. Sid threw 2 punches then didn't want to fight at all. All he was trying to do was knock Dubinsky over once he threw one punch.

So dubi was probably chirping him in the box about it. Sid probably said something like "Oh **** you I was getting tired and my wrist is hurt so I don't want to throw any more punches."

So yeah.... I could definitely see that type of conversation happening in the box. Dubinsky had a right to chirp Sid because Sid dropped the gloves but really didn't care to fight.

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
The puck comes to BB and he instantly has a Cap drapped on him. His stick is across BB body as the puck ****ing arrives, but BB still manges to push the puck up ice as best he can, where it gets intercepted.

If only BB was the Toxic Avenger you long for. He would have thrown the Cap player into the second row and put a slapshot from center ice through Holtby's chest for a goal, just out of pure boredom.

Letang would tell you he shouldn't have been that aggressive to support the puck there. And he wouldn't tell you it was a pretty bad time for his teammates to be making a line change (even though it was). He still should've been closer to the middle. The last person who should shoulder the blame is Bennett. It certainly won't keep coaches around the league watching tape chuckling over never playing Bennett again. C'mon BB that was ridiculously hyperbolic.

penguins2946*

It's interesting how the St. Louis games have gone. It's a universal theme it seems like, regardless of the season. We come in really hot offensively and then get entirely shut down:

10-23-2010: Pens lost 1-0 in OT to St. Louis (scored 14 goals in previous 3 games)
11-23-2011: Pens lost 3-2 in OT to St. Louis (scored 13 goals in previous 3 games)
1-24-2012: Pens win 3-2 in SO over St. Louis (scored 12 goals in previous 3 games)
11-9-2013: Pens lost 2-1 to St. Louis (scored 8 goals in previous 3 games)
3-23-2014: Pens lost 1-0 to St. Louis (scored 13 goals in previous 3 games)
2-21-2015: Score TBD (scored 3 goals in previous 3 games)

That's crazy, we've gone from averaging 4.07 goals/game in the 3 before to 1 goal/game the game of. It doesn't look promising for tomorrow. An elite defensive team plus a slumping offensive team isn't going to be a nice display.

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
I let all those idiot fans know it too, because after my comment on that column I had a million replies like:

"See, you're exactly the type of fan Dejan's talking about!!!"

I started trolling yesterday. It was pretty funny.

It is truly amazing how insufferable Dejan has become. His constant pimping of his website and RTs of people giving him a reach around "Dejan your analysis is SO AMAZING. OMG IM A SUBSCRIBER NOW" etc made me unfollow him. I can't even hate listen/follow most PIT media for entertainment anymore. Esp Madden and Dejan

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Yeah, I used to like DK and respect his work but he's fallen off so hard over the course of the past year. He is no better than any of the other ******** working in the Pittsburgh hockey media short bus. All he does is plug his site while constantly flip flopping opinions based on what will get the most clicks.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Ya, let's watch this play without your agenda driven recap shall we? Starting at 1:50:

The puck comes to BB and he instantly has a Cap drapped on him. His stick is across BB body as the puck ****ing arrives, but BB still manges to push the puck up ice as best he can, where it gets intercepted.

That is the exact wrong play. The right play is to just whack it down the ice and get it deep. Not try to corral the puck and try a D that he doesn't even have the speed to beat, even if he was fresh, which he wasn't. If that's even Tanner Glass, there's no goal on this play because he throws it wildly to the corner. Completely irresponsible by Bennett.

**** like this (or tape to tape blind passes to Mike Green, Pavel Datsyuk, Luke Schenn, 15 Islanders, etc) is why two coaching staffs in a row have healthy scratched him and don't trust him late in games. It's not some weird conspiracy that you keep trying to spread, it's Bennett's actual play. It's obvious. You don't want to see it for the same reason you didn't want to see that Tangradi had a ton more problems than "just needs time to get accustomed to the speed of the game."

And even if Letang says to himself "You know, this Bennett kid's a real moron. I don't trust that he's making the right read" instead of "if Bennett's skating that up, he must think he can get free," he has no play on Ovechkin. Letang will be at a dead stop trying to defend the league's best scorer at full speed. Not happening.

A goal against was inevitable the second Bennett decided getting the puck deep on a line change was for peasants.

Last edited:

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Letang would tell you he shouldn't have been that aggressive to support the puck there. And he wouldn't tell you it was a pretty bad time for his teammates to be making a line change (even though it was). He still should've been closer to the middle. The last person who should shoulder the blame is Bennett. It certainly won't keep coaches around the league watching tape chuckling over never playing Bennett again. C'mon BB that was ridiculously hyperbolic.

The issue I have with BB on this play is not that he failed to skate the puck through 2 players, it's that he tried to. He didn't even try to do the right thing and fail, which would have been to make the simple play and get the puck deep.

And that's exactly the kind of stuff that gets him benched. But hey, he's a young player, and it's going to happen. So I'm not saying bench him. He probably just shouldn't be out there in that situation.

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
The issue I have with BB on this play is not that he failed to skate the puck through 2 players, it's that he tried to. He didn't even try to do the right thing and fail, which would have been to make the simple play and get the puck deep.

And that's exactly the kind of stuff that gets him benched. But hey, he's a young player, and it's going to happen. So I'm not saying bench him. He probably just shouldn't be out there in that situation.

I think you guys are underestimating how how hard it is to win a physical battle at full speed and arrive directly on top of the puck with enough strength and hand-eye coordination to shovel a puck all the way down the ice on your backhand. I don't think Bennett pushed the puck in front to beat Capitals players. I think he did the best he could just to win the battle and get ANY piece of the puck he could on his backhand.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
That is the exact wrong play. The right play is to just whack it down the ice and get it deep. Not try to corral the puck and try a D that he doesn't even have the speed to beat, even if he was fresh, which he wasn't. If that's even Tanner Glass, there's no goal on this play because he throws it wildly to the corner. Completely irresponsible by Bennett.

**** like this (or tape to tape blind passes to Mike Green, Pavel Datsyuk, Luke Schenn, 15 Islanders, etc) is why two coaching staffs in a row have healthy scratched him and don't trust him late in games. It's not some weird conspiracy that you keep trying to spread, it's Bennett's actual play. It's obvious. You don't want to see it for the same reason you didn't want to see that Tangradi had a ton more problems than "just needs time to get accustomed to the speed of the game."

And even if Letang says to himself "You know, this Bennett kid's a real moron. I don't trust that he's making the right read" instead of "if Bennett's skating that up, he must think he can get free," he has no play on Ovechkin. Letang will be at a dead stop trying to defend the league's best scorer at full speed. Not happening.

A goal against was inevitable the second Bennett decided getting the puck deep on a line change was for peasants.

The exact right play is to not have a Cap put his stick across his arms the moment the puck arrives? "Excuse me sir, could you please remove your stick so that I may clear the puck down the ice?"

Again, you have an agenda and it's comical. Maybe you can twist some more advanced stats and tell me again how Patrick Kane is built like a truck. That was some funny ****.

As far as Tangradi, I'll still trust the same eyes that said Malkin was every bit as good as AO, Despres could play in this league and sees that BB is a talented kid.

But give me another lesson in physics, please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad