Post-Game Talk: Well I'm Freeeeeeee, Freeeee Fallin'... Pens -1, CBJ-2

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Their 3rd-best Dman had the 5th-most ice time.

Their 5th-best winger had 5 more minutes than their best winger.

This coaching staff has no handle on this team. They aren't playing the right way, they're lost and confused in their own end, they are weak and timid in the offensive zone, and they provide no resistance in the neutral zone.

edit: Also, Derrick Pouliot is a good prospect. He is not the God's gift to hockey. The teacher's pet is probably not good for locker room dynamics, but I'm not a sports expert, one of you old schoolers let me know.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
phillip2.jpg

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
MJ : "It's not about the scoreboard, it's about the way we played", "I think we played really good 6 on 5 but like I always say, we need more shots on goal, we need volume."

Synonym of

Bylsma "We need to get to our game"

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
This play is unacceptable. Either Johnston has to go or something big has to go down trade wise.

This might be the worst hockey we've played since 05-06, and at least that team was exciting because Sid was actually playing well.

Fleury3434*

Jan 14, 2013
backcheck on last goal made me puke. Whoever it was I have no idea. But that player needs to be benched last game...literally just let the guy go straight in for a tap in. ITS LAZY PLAY THAT COSTS THIS TEAM GAMES. also lots of bad juju going on right now. Pens cant catch a break to save their lives lol

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
So does anyone think JR would have the guts to fire Johnston or make a huge trade? Clearly what is going on now is not working and has not been working for some time. We've sucked **** since our hot start to the year. If we continue trending like this we might be in danger of missing the playoffs.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
So does anyone think JR would have the guts to fire Johnston or make a huge trade? Clearly what is going on now is not working and has not been working for some time. We've sucked **** since our hot start to the year. If we continue trending like this we might be in danger of missing the playoffs.

Hopefully. If not, we should look for someone else to run this team.

Sh00terMcGavin

#Leadership
Jul 5, 2011
Pittsburgh
Like I said in the GDT, I sure as hell don't want this team being buyers at the deadline. There is no "piece" that's going to cure this team's ailments right now. It's going to take a loooooot of self-reflection.

penguins2946*

At least the way we're playing now, we won't be surprised with how they lose, because we all know they're going to get embarrassed.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
+ fleury

- team. if your superstar captain, who is probably hiding some injury, fights and you still can't into the game then you should be really ashamed of yourselves. if you kill off a 5 on 3 and you still can't get any momentum you should really take a hard look at yourselves.

+ sutter was actually pretty decent tonight

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
while it sucks to see sid/geno struggle, all of this teams problems are completely self-induced. ownership/management made numerous decisions over the years that have gradually led to this embarrassing assembly of players, so i actually enjoy watching the team struggle.

when an organization makes clearly stupid decisions, i dont really want to see that rewarded.

its been clear for years that this team was going in the wrong direction, yet they smugly persisted on their course. the pens have made their bed, now i will enjoy watching them sleep in it.

LucSZ

Aug 10, 2014
+They're obviously actively trying to fall into a wild card spot to play a team in the Atlantic division in the first round. :sarcasm:

ObsessedCreative*

Guys let's look on the bright side, Kunitz was on line 1, Adams is still being dressed to stand in on spot on a PK and wiff on pucks, and scuds is still flubbing pucks, laying down on the ice, and turning it over with his passes... Just listen to what Steiggy says "teams are in awe of the Penguins". Here comes our fourth cup!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad