Post-Game Talk: Well I'm Freeeeeeee, Freeeee Fallin'... Pens -1, CBJ-2

Konstantin Koltsov

May 18, 2010
PA
They know they're supposed to wait until the playoffs to start playing like this, right? MJ has this team way ahead of schedule!

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
HZg2o1e.jpg

Yuuuuuup!

specialized

Jan 24, 2013
So does anyone think JR would have the guts to fire Johnston or make a huge trade? Clearly what is going on now is not working and has not been working for some time. We've sucked **** since our hot start to the year. If we continue trending like this we might be in danger of missing the playoffs.

We can only hope.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
+MAF, Downie, Martin. Maybe Sutter, Malkin, and Despres.
-Crosby. No puck management.
-Kunitz. He's not fast enough to be on a line with Crosby.
-DP. He's wearing the goat horns on the first goal for sure. I only saw the second goal once, but it looked like a bad pinch to me. Growing pains are to be expected.
-MJ. How Perron-Crosby-Hornqvist and Comeau-Malkin-Bennett doesn't a game I have no idea.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
MJ sure has his work cut out for him. He came here saying he wanted to win now. This makes me fearful if he still thinks we're close to having a championship caliber roster.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I just have to LAUGH at this team now. Just laughing, still 5 minutes after the game. SO embarrassing. This team is a complete joke now. And that powerplay got exactly what it deserved. It´s so pathetic, no one is shooting except of Malkin there and Malkin is missing that shot 90% of the time. It´s just soo predictable and weak by that unit. Rick Tocchet, good job. Mike Johnston, try Kunitz with Crosby some more, that 4-on-4 combo especially is sooo sexy.

I feel sorry for Fleury. He´s the only guy that doesn´t deserve this. He´s been phenomenal for us all year long. But then Comeau rolls him and he can´t make a save..

Well, closer to that wildcard spot at least, that´s a good thing btw.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I know it sucks right now, but try to look at the positives. In the East, every team you meet in the post-season will be difficult. Doesn't matter where you finish, as long as you get in, and it's very unlikely they don't make it.

They're in a slump right now. If the boys get going by the time the playoffs roll around, they'll have as good a chance as any other team in the East to get to the finals.

penguins2946*

The core is still flawed. Trading a complementary top-6 forward isn't nearly enough for a shake up. It's like the Pens had a cancerous tumor and they cut off 25% of it. They still have cancer.

crawz87

Mar 18, 2010
If MJ doesn't shake up the lines next game, fire him. Perron-Crosby-Hornqvist and Comeau-Malkin-Bennett is so obvious.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
The handling of Perron is a joke. Dude is the third most talented player on the team. Steve Downie was on the 6 on 5 over him though. I mean come on. Kunitz still sucks. Adams wouldn't do well in a beer league. Once again fleury is the lone bright spot.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
15 years later, this style of hockey is still unwatchable and the Penguins aren't built to win this way.

Any forward who isn't a 25 goal threat, Steve Downie or 220 pounds can't be here unless there's another penalty crackdown to the extent of the one in 2005.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
while it sucks to see sid/geno struggle, all of this teams problems are completely self-induced. ownership/management made numerous decisions over the years that have gradually led to this embarrassing assembly of players, so i actually enjoy watching the team struggle.

when an organization makes clearly stupid decisions, i dont really want to see that rewarded.

its been clear for years that this team was going in the wrong direction, yet they smugly persisted on their course. the pens have made their bed, now i will enjoy watching them sleep in it.

You're absolutely right with this assessment.

I'm less concerned with taking some sort of perverse schadenfreude out of this and more concerned with will this be the final nail in the coffin of the post cup win Pens? Will it finally bring real change? I thought that firing Bylsma and revamping the team somewhat as we have would be enough, but we actually look worse than ever. Something drastic needs to be done. What that is, I don't know. New coach, big trade, maybe both...

specialized

Jan 24, 2013
Bob Errey just said the pens did not take any hard dumps.... If you ask me the whole team looked like crap

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
It's good that the Pens were smart and don't have goon to smash polish thunders face. I mean if they did that they might end up shorthanded and it we would lose. Good job Pens. Let Crosby deal with himself. Roster spots are way to valuable to have a heavyweight on the roster. Need more Adams, that's the winning formula.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
The only thing that puzzles me is why I still watch these chumps.

That, and the fact that Sid seems to have lost his mind when it comes to decision-making with the puck--almost as if he just throws it somewhere hoping it'll hit someone's tape from the Pens. Worrisome.

deczola

Jan 21, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
backcheck on last goal made me puke. Whoever it was i have no idea. But that player needs to be benched last game...literally just let the guy go straight in for a tap in. Its lazy play that costs this team games. Also lots of bad juju going on right now. Pens cant catch a break to save their lives lol

downie

bigG

Jan 18, 2010
+ fleury

- team. if your superstar captain, who is probably hiding some injury, fights and you still can't into the game then you should be really ashamed of yourselves. if you kill off a 5 on 3 and you still can't get any momentum you should really take a hard look at yourselves.

+ sutter was actually pretty decent tonight
In what facet was Sutter actually pretty decent tonight? He was horrible, much like most other nights.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I'm livid at MJ/Tocchet right now.

3 goals in 3 games and you don't change things up. Ever.
Hell, put Lappy on Sid's wing. I don't give a ****! DO SOMETHING! Not nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad