Post-Game Talk: Well.. at least we scored? Leafs lose 3-1. Onto St Louis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I guess fourth time is the charm, because I'm not even fazed by this collapse. Each of the last three seasons I was on board the hype train, gleefully ignoring analytics, etc. This time, although I enjoyed the 10-1-1 stretch, I was under no illusions about the quality of the team. The team was getting lucky and would quickly fall back to their usual shenanigans.

Still, I'm happy with the coaching change. That has, to some degree, brought much needed change. Unfair to judge him by this road trip. Give him 20 games at least, then examine the analytics and the team's record before making any judgments.

me too
it's like we grew up and realised there was no Santa.

you still enjoy Christmas, but it's like... "there's no Santa."

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
One good game in a blue moon doesn't change the fact that he was one of the biggest reasons why we lost Game 7 and why we collapsed when Bernier got injured. I hate his attitude, too. He'll just smile like a dumb goof after playing atrociously. "Ahh, thems the breaks, ya know? Bad bounces, what can ya do? Hehe." Just pathetic.

And then he'll be whining about internet trolls on his wife's public Twitter page. If it bothers you so damn much, make it a private page, you moron.

We lose the majority of games no matter who we have in net. Can't play %75 of the game in your end with around 40 shots against and expect to win. I'm by no means a big Reimer supporter but I have to admit that its not all on him. The people in front of him need to be much better.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
And then he'll be whining about internet trolls on his wife's public Twitter page. If it bothers you so damn much, make it a private page, you moron.

Easier to take on the entire twitterverse about cybertrolling

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
If we don't trade off any assets at the deadline I'm fcking done. It's obvious this core is going nowhere

It's too hard to trade any one of those huge contracts.

It's next to impossible to fit them in with other teams contracts.

You have to realize that the trades are going to be Santorelli, Winnik, Franson or Booth. All guys that are free agents at the end of the year and not huge salaries.

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
One good game in a blue moon doesn't change the fact that he was one of the biggest reasons why we lost Game 7 and why we collapsed when Bernier got injured. I hate his attitude, too. He'll just smile like a dumb goof after playing atrociously. "Ahh, thems the breaks, ya know? Bad bounces, what can ya do? Hehe." Just pathetic.

Without Reimer playing really well there isn't even a game 7. That series is not on him at all.

PhiladelphiaKessel

DontCrossthe****Line
Aug 9, 2010
It's too hard to trade any one of those huge contracts.

It's next to impossible to fit them in with other teams contracts.

You have to realize that the trades are going to be Santorelli, Winnik, Franson or Booth. All guys that are free agents at the end of the year and not huge salaries.

Well it would at least be a good start. Sell off what you can. Only Nonis knows what he can and can't move. The UFA's should be moved for whatever picks you can get

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
They need a bunch of games at home, get everyone back in the lineup and see how they play and at that point decided if they tear it down. I suspect that is where Shanny is headed.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Reimer was bombarded with 41 shots and was outstanding in net for the Leafs giving them a chance to win.

It looked like they were playing Carlyle's system yesterday throughout most of the game.. Outshot 17 -4 in 2nd period was eerily similar to days of old, where the goalie needs to steal the show.

It looked like Santorelli and Gardiner were the only Maple Leafs that showed up interested to compete.

hfdshdh

Unregistered Abuser
Jan 11, 2015
and take Dion, Bozak and Clarkson with him
We have some underwhelming players in key roles (Bozak as #1C, Phaneuf as #1D) and overpaid players in depth roles (Clarkson, Robidas), but I don't really see Kessel as being part of that problem. He's one of the few guys on the team who fulfills his role to a tee.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Reimer was bombarded with 41 shots and was outstanding in net for the Leafs giving them a chance to win.

It looked like they were playing Carlyle's system yesterday throughout most of the game.. Outshot 17 -4 in 2nd period was eerily similar to days of old, where the goalie needs to steal the show.

It looked like Santorelli and Gardiner were the only Maple Leafs that showed up interested to compete.

All very true. We reverted back to our old ways, even with the lines. It hasn't worked and it will continue not to work. Worst game of the trip by far.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
All very true. We reverted back to our old ways, even with the lines. It hasn't worked and it will continue not to work. Worst game of the trip by far.

If Leafs don't put JVR -- Bozak -- Kessel together Leaf coach(s) they feel the team can't score and when they do that it creates the old scenario of the team not being able to defend and limiting shots and scoring chances against, because of their weak defensive play.

The bad news is together or apart the trio went 0-0-0 points combined on the California road swing, while Leafs were outscored 11-1 in the 3 games.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
They need a bunch of games at home, get everyone back in the lineup and see how they play and at that point decided if they tear it down. I suspect that is where Shanny is headed.

Are you for real? You think that will matter? Holland and Komorov are 3rd liners, Lupul is always hurt, you think these guys are the make or break? I dont understand why people just cant see that this team stinks. Plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad