Post-Game Talk: Well at least last few minutes was fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
I like Dangle for pure entertainment but don't put much stock into his analysis. Just different from a lot of stuff I read and watch about our boys so I like it.

Ex Kiwi here too!
How can you be an ex Kiwi?

If my plan to invade Canada with a small Battalion sized force comes to fruition you'll all be Kiwis.:thumbu:
A battalion may be overkill as all I would need to do is just ask.... Eh?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

If my plan to invade Canada with a small Battalion sized force comes to fruition you'll all be Kiwis.:thumbu:

If we're invading were going to have to book a charter or get some tickets with a commercial airline, I don't think the NZ air force or Navy could get all the way to Canada

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
If we're invading were going to have to book a charter or get some tickets with a commercial airline, I don't think the NZ air force or Navy could get all the way to Canada

May need some big balloons and row boats but I reckon they'll never expect that.
Fly under the radar sort of speak:D

Reactions: Kiwi

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016

LOL grew up there, been here for longer. Lived in Johnsonville Wellington.

I work for an airline too so if the invasion is on lemme know and Ill try to get some discount codes

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
Lived in Johnsonville Wellington.

I work for an airline too so if the invasion is on lemme know and Ill try to get some discount codes

Windy old Wellington eh.

Us Kiwis like a deal as you would know. I will be in touch.

Pretty sure I can do a handshake deal with your current PM.

Like ours, he's seems a complete flake and easily manipulated.
I will promise him a spot in another country full of shiny things and an endless supply of fruitloops:thumbu:

Reactions: TML Dynasty

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Maybe we owe the Bruins for showing us what hungry AHL hopefuls can do against a talented lineup relying on talent.

KD I trust was taking notes. Marchment, Moore, Grundstrom - stay ready.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Canadians should foot the booze and tucker bill tho.... Its only fair :)

That would be a sizable bill, we'd need to do it in Summer though, it gets bloody cold over there in Winter apparently

Scotland was ******* cold, I'm keen on avoiding that if possible

OT, I dont know if your a cricket fan, but my team Pakistan just callapsed on day 5 against New Zealand.

Watched the whole test, i still can't belive we won in the UAE

Reactions: stickty111

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
That would be a sizable bill, we'd need to do it in Summer though, it gets bloody cold over there in Winter apparently

Scotland was ******* cold, I'm keen on avoiding that if possible

Watched the whole test, i still can't belive we won in the UAE

We will invade end of August.
I don't mind the cold but the bugs in summer are a nightmare.

We should just get Aussie to do it? Then bet using Canada as the stake on a Bledisloe test.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
We will invade end of August.
I don't mind the cold but the bugs in summer are a nightmare.

We should just get Aussie to do it? Then bet using Canada as the stake on a Bledisloe test.

We may need an Aussie opinion on that one, somebody should give Walshy a yell, see if he's keen

August is a no go, cows are calving and the sheep are Lambing

That's downright uncivilized

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
We may need an Aussie opinion on that one, somebody should give Walshy a yell, see if he's keen

August is a no go, cows are calving and the sheep are Lambing

That's downright uncivilized

You farmers are never happy. Fancy putting off an invasion because you can't trust the staff
Walshy is an Aussie he would do anything for beer and a promise.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron

Most of our Air Force and Navy is in hangers/dry dock getting repairs, so your NZ forces can probably be in Canadian territory before being challenged. Being polite Canadians, we would probably direct you to Parliament Hill in Ottawa so you can overthrow our government.
We will probably sign a peace treaty very quickly but we will hold firm to two demands. 1. Hockey stays, and rugby is not made our national sport. 2, All Tim Hortons restaurants must stay open.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
You farmers are never happy. Fancy putting off an invasion because you can't trust the staff
Walshy is an Aussie he would do anything for beer and a promise.

I think that applies to me as well, offer me a couple of dozen Speights and I'll row the boat onto shore

Even if they see us we'll be fine, I'm a scruffy bugger (much to my misses disgust) I'll easily pass for a migrant

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Most of our Air Force and Navy is in hangers/dry dock getting repairs, so your NZ forces can probably be in Canadian territory before being challenged. Being polite Canadians, we would probably direct you to Parliament Hill in Ottawa so you can overthrow our government.
We will probably sign a peace treaty very quickly but we will hold firm to two demands. 1. Hockey stays, and rugby is not made our national sport. 2, All Tim Hortons restaurants must stay open.

Probably better than we can muster

Our air force would be Air New Zealand and our navy would consist of a couple of America's cup yachts

Perhaps you guys should invade us? Bring hockey to the masses

Reactions: lifelonghockeyfan

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
People put too much stock in 1 game or a stretch of games in the regular season. Leafs have had a good record against the Bs in the regular season, and it did not mean anything in the playoffs. So they lost a couple of bad games to Boston in the regular season, does not mean ****. It's nice to win these games, but losing them is not as a big deal as you guys make it seem.

Exactly. Last year the Cup Champion Washington Capitals:

- Lost 2 in a row 7 times
- Lost 3 in a row 2 times
- Got swept by: LA, Las Vegas, Calgary, Nashville
- Lost the season series to: Florida and Philly

You cannot win every game, you will lose multiple in a row many times, and the best teams will lose 25+ games in a good year. This whole, "The sky is falling" while sitting in 2nd place in the NHL is mindboggling

Last edited:
Reactions: KIWILEAFFAN

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
When you get to the border please inform customs your invading and not migrants. I don’t want you qualifying for welfare while you are occupying us.

Thank you

Na. I am liking Kiwi's idea of you guys invading us. Us Kiwis will get just get drunk watching hockey at the first pub we come to and be easily run out of Canada.
If you guys invade us I will happily roll over for a lifetime supply of Leaf tickets, Canadian whiskey, moose and stone sheep meat.

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
Na. I am liking Kiwi's idea of you guys invading us. Us Kiwis will get just get drunk watching hockey at the first pub we come to and be easily run out of Canada.
If you guys invade us I will happily roll over for a lifetime supply of Leaf tickets, Canadian whiskey, moose and stone sheep meat.
We will also require Velcro gloves, some new wellingtons, and for you to please hide all vegemite/marmite or anything related to that terrible product lol

Reactions: KIWILEAFFAN

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
We will also require Velcro gloves, some new wellingtons, and for you to please hide all vegemite/marmite or anything related to that terrible product lol

You are going to have to bring a special skill otherwise your blasphemy regarding marmite and vegimite will leave you short on the points system.

Don't need velcro gloves or gumboots when ya can butt em up against a good fence. Kiwi can teach you, he is from Taranaki. :sarcasm:
Us West Coasters can help with oversized foreheads, gaps in your teeth and banjos.

Last edited:
Reactions: TML Dynasty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad