Post-Game Talk: Well at least last few minutes was fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
And people will mislabel them as "lack of toughness" again, no doubt.
People make excuses.
The playoffs don’t care. Fast enough, good enough, skilled enough, aggressive enough, strong enough, forecheck enough, defend enough, good, great or great/poor goaltending.

All these things. Whatever they are when the time comes you can address them or deny them.

We have to see. We aren’t there yet.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
People put too much stock in 1 game or a stretch of games in the regular season. Leafs have had a good record against the Bs in the regular season, and it did not mean anything in the playoffs. So they lost a couple of bad games to Boston in the regular season, does not mean shit. It's nice to win these games, but losing them is not as a big deal as you guys make it seem.

Reactions: AreBe

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
In back to back games, Matthews and Rielly were targeted. Bell and Rogers can't stand for this.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Babcock 's line matching strategy did not work - at all

I was laughing at how he kept trying to match the Tavares line instead of the Kadri line against the Bs top line. I may not be a hockey lifer or anything but I can tell you that's a really stupid move with the amount of evidence against doing it.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
People put too much stock in 1 game or a stretch of games in the regular season. Leafs have had a good record against the Bs in the regular season, and it did not mean anything in the playoffs. So they lost a couple of bad games to Boston in the regular season, does not mean ****. It's nice to win these games, but losing them is not as a big deal as you guys make it seem.
And I agree if that stock is based on a 1 game or even few games sample size.

But if you read back this year (and last year) I think the comments concern the very poor forecheck ability from this team. It happened last year when people cried about Babcock with the dump and chase. It’s still the issue beyond a sample size.
The league is very much a North/South and half dump/chase/forecheck/pressure on D league. You have to be able to do this.

Of course in 82 games we are going to go full skill, 6 goals again and everyone is happy.

Now when the playoffs role around, is this a perimeter team? Or will the team fight through tight checking to get down low taking abuse to make plays? Not sure yet.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
I’m watching the wreckage of this game tonight (yes a day late, the rest of you parents out there know what I mean when I say my weekends are stupid) and by the end I only have one thought.

This is the last game we are losing to Boston this year. Mark it.

Asses handed to them, check, take it lying down... hell no. Do all the trust building activities you want, that looked like a team bonding, f*** ALL this shit kinda game in the third. Now they’re ticked. That’s good.

They are going to destroy the Hurricanes Tuesday.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
I was laughing at how he kept trying to match the Tavares line instead of the Kadri line against the Bs top line. I may not be a hockey lifer or anything but I can tell you that's a really stupid move with the amount of evidence against doing it.

Are you sure you wouldn’t be the first one to complain that Kadri had more ice time than Tavares when we needed offence?

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Too many Europeans with all that skating and skill
Trade Nylander for penalty minutes and goals against
For the Good Canadian Kid thug lifer we should shill
Thank goodness for Dubas who shows restraint!

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Genuine question.... Why?

I don't know much about the guy but find his vids enjoyable and funny. My wife who is a Kiwi and has no interest in Hockey finds him hilarious.
I also find myself agreeing with most of his analysis.

He's like nails on a chalkboard

If i wanted to watch people losing there minds on the internet there's way more enjoyable ways of doing it than watching him, in fact I think I'd rather watch Roseanne Bar in a bikini than that

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017

If i wanted to watch people losing there minds on the internet there's way more enjoyable ways of doing it than watching him, in fact I think I'd rather watch Roseanne Bar in a bikini than that
You just described every post game leaf thread when the leafs lose

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand

I don't normally share my private stash but you're an acception. Rosanne pics in a bikini incoming:sarcasm::confused:

Reactions: TML Dynasty

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada

I don't know much about the guy but find his vids enjoyable and funny. My wife who is a Kiwi and has no interest in Hockey finds him hilarious.

I think the problem I have with Steve Dangle is that he has the potential to have the best Leafs content by a mile because he's smart and has good opinions but he ruins it.

The first way he ruins it is yelling in his LFR videos, his yelling is really hard to listen to because of how shrieky his voice gets, it's not a good sound. I don't mind him showing anger or emotion but just that shrieky voice is grating. The second way he ruins it is that he has a podcast but instead of talking mostly Leafs on his podcast, him and his co-hosts spend an incessant amount of time talking about other teams which is problematic because they have really poor knowledge of those other teams since they mostly just watch Leafs games. Just really ignorant opinions, fortunately they talk about the Leafs at the beginning of the podcast generally so you can ignore the rest.

Also it's awesome that you call your wife a Kiwi, "New Zealander" doesn't sound right.

Reactions: KIWILEAFFAN

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
You just described every post game leaf thread when the leafs lose

You get some good, some bad after a loss, sure there's some morons but there's a lot of measured people that can talk numbers and why they think we lost

It's not 15 minutes of yelling into a camera with nothing intelligent to say

I don't normally share my private stash but you're an acception. Rosanne pics in a bikini incoming:sarcasm::confused:

It would be good for the shock value if nothing else

Reactions: KIWILEAFFAN

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
You get some good, some bad after a loss, sure there's some morons but there's a lot of measured people that can talk numbers and why they think we lost

It's not 15 minutes of yelling into a camera with nothing intelligent to say

It would be good for the shock value if nothing else

He actually has very fair insight. What are you talking about!?

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
I think the problem I have with Steve Dangle is that he has the potential to have the best Leafs content by a mile because he's smart and has good opinions but he ruins it.

The first way he ruins it is yelling in his LFR videos, his yelling is really hard to listen to because of how shrieky his voice gets, it's not a good sound. I don't mind him showing anger or emotion but just that shrieky voice is grating. The second way he ruins it is that he has a podcast but instead of talking mostly Leafs on his podcast, him and his co-hosts spend an incessant amount of time talking about other teams which is problematic because they have really poor knowledge of those other teams since they mostly just watch Leafs games. Just really ignorant opinions, fortunately they talk about the Leafs at the beginning of the podcast generally so you can ignore the rest.

Also it's awesome that you call your wife a Kiwi, "New Zealander" doesn't sound right.

I spose he is a bit shreiky. But I find myself laughing a lot watching his LFR vids and even after a loss I tend to feel a bit better about the game. I can't help but like him. I do agree with a lot of his analysis but not always.
I have never heard any of his podcasts.
Meh.... I was just curious as to why some don't like him as personally I can't see any harm with putting your heart on your sleeve.
I would buy the guy a few beers and reckon I would enjoy talking hockey with him.
Same goes for a lot of people on here that don't throw their toys out of the cot when things are not going great.
Trust me. Here in NZ I have yet to find anyone that knows the first thing about the game let alone a Leaf fan.
Would be good to catch up with old Kiwi but he lives on the wrong island, and likely drinks inferior beer due to his geographic location and poor judgement :naughty:

Last edited:

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I would buy the guy a few beers and reckon I would enjoy talking hockey with him.

I definitely wouldn't mind talking hockey with him cos he'd act like a normal adult (though I'd worry what beers do to him). It's the whole angry persona he does on the air that I don't like, just act like yourself man.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I definitely wouldn't mind talking hockey with him cos he'd act like a normal adult (though I'd worry what beers do to him). It's the whole angry persona he does on the air that I don't like, just act like yourself man.

Honestly if you asked me to have put up a video after watching saturdays game youd get much worse.

It would just be me beating up a tree wearing a boston jersey while shouting drunken nonsense.

So i relate to steves rage. At least when he rages out, there is a reasoning too it.

And beyond that when the leafs win he says some clever anticdotes like “mclhienny is a great back up aint he?!”

Reactions: TML Dynasty

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016

I like Dangle for pure entertainment but don't put much stock into his analysis. Just different from a lot of stuff I read and watch about our boys so I like it.

Ex Kiwi here too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->