Post-Game Talk: Welcome to the Leafs Killers Club Aleksander Barkov Jr. | Leafs Lose 4-3 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Don't look good, got a point anyway
I'll take it

I'd like to see our effort improve significantly and something done with the special teams, were actually getting progressively worse in those specific areas as the season progresses

The boys look like they need a bit of a rocket, we look very comfortable just doing enough and getting by on skill, that's not a recipe for success longer term

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Dude clearly you haven't been watching closely. He's been amongst the best forwards on the team over the last 3 games.
That one of our best forwards has been goalless during these games kind of reflects the state of things. Being among the best of an under-performing forward group isn't anything to be proud of.

Reactions: WickedPegJets

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
It was Freddie's save on a Barkov breakaway that even gave us the chance to get back into this, but some people have the memory of an especially slow-witted goldfish...

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Barkov is one heck of a player. Wow. Pleasure to watch him play.

Thought the Leafs battled back. Good to see. They didn't have much to begin with, but were able to get a point. That's the sign of a good team.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Legendary

Sep 1, 2016
Our D continue to make baffling choices that always kill our momentum. So is it the players, coaching or both?

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Don't look good, got a point anyway
I'll take it

I'd like to see our effort improve significantly and something done with the special teams, were actually getting progressively worse in those specific areas as the season progresses

The boys look like they need a bit of a rocket, we look very comfortable just doing enough and getting by on skill, that's not a recipe for success longer term

I’ve been saying this since the Jets series in October. We were relying way too much on high iosh% and sv% and now that those are down, we’re lost.

Reactions: Kiwi

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Listen guys, I'm as pissed as the rest of you at that game, but to blame Andersen for it is nuts. We leave a player as good as Barkov completely unguarded three times and guess what, good players score in those situations. They were GIFTS from a completely inept defense.

and our GM thinks our defense is fine.

(sigh)

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Can we cash in these moral victories into home ice in the first round at the end of the season? If not then it's just not good enough. Getting badly outplayed for most of the game just to turn it on late in the third and then blowing it in OT isn't anything to be happy about. This should be one of the better teams in the league playing against one of the worst teams in their division. They should feel like shit after this game and go into the next one pissed off.

Feb 24, 2004
This depresses me the most. All of us who were excitedly thinking "Just wait until Nylander gets back!" sure look like idiots right now. Our team looks completely out of sync.

Which of the past three games did we look out of sync for the majority?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad