Post-Game Talk: Welcome to the Leafs Killers Club Aleksander Barkov Jr. | Leafs Lose 4-3 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafy Undergrowth

Feb 4, 2013
Me watching game tonight
- Watch about 45 minutes
- F this watch football
-check back, 2-2, sweet watch game now
-barkov immediately scores
-F this watch football
-Check back, sweet it's in OT,
-Barkov immediately scores.

FML

Well we should forget about blaming Andy, Matthews, Babcock or whoever! It's your fault!!!! :laugh:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
VAN game, another "Artist" singing their own overly dramatic version of an already dramatic anthem. Why do I have this Leivo curiosity, it makes me ill watching VAN.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Noo. I like @Daisy Jane post. I think you are overreacting a bit.

lol thanks. but if he wants to ignore me for simply stating the fact that he feels Dermott is overrated and we're in trouble - judging a rookie defenseman who was drafted in the 2nd round in his first full season where most defensemen don't even really start to get going before making judgement or feels that it's "lacking" - go ahead. look at the field of don't give a crap i have, see how it's barren.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
What's our record since the flow decided to grace us with his presence? It's 5 games now right?

So you're alluding to the idea that Nylander is causing all these losses? I can tangibly point to at least a dozen other reasons, according to these eyes (which, I admit, aren't the strongest).

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Just think without Kadri taking that stupid to many men on theice penalty they would have won this.

another game where Kadri is at worst a negative impact player and at best a no impact player

Kadri is barely getting passes right. He has been dogshit this season thus far. We need him to be better and not just the leafs agitator on some nights.

Babs switched up too late, but at least he gave it a look.

Its starting to become more and more apparent that we need 3 top skilled players with speed and puck handling skills to counter a Parity with the league.
Hyman needs to be down a line. Its not even funny now, he is nuetering a line, and its not his fault. This is Babs.

--Marner had Luongo pulled alllll the way for a Hyman open net, but due to the habit of never passing to Hyman, he shoots it and it gets blocked or goes wide.

That was a wide open tap in even Hyman wont miss.

We cant keep doing it like this. Teams are tightening up and we are still loosey goosey play it by ear sometimes.

Matthews has looked MIA as of late so....
Play Johnsson - Nylander - Kappanen
*I liked the JT and Kap move by Babs.

Kappy is our most consistent player along with JT and its not even close.
Marner and Nylander are always impactful due to skill with the puck.

Where the hell is Matthews lately.

PP needs a whole new look, im glad Matthews tried the right side in the third at least... im hoping.

1pt... GLG

Reactions: JayDog17 and ToMaLe

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
The leafs got back in the game when Florida tried to sit on the lead......
They were awful when Florida was looking to score....

Rainney

Jan 17, 2012
It's hard to ever *technically* blame Andersen. The frustration with him throughout his time here is that he can be pretty mediocre at making a timely save.

Reactions: OppositeLocK

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
lol thanks. but if he wants to ignore me for simply stating the fact that he feels Dermott is overrated and we're in trouble - judging a rookie defenseman who was drafted in the 2nd round in his first full season where most defensemen don't even really start to get going before making judgement or feels that it's "lacking" - go ahead. look at the field of don't give a crap i have, see how it's barren.

Nice try at the end there

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Stop crapping on Matthew's. He did miss a month remember? He had the great 1st game back and then you could tell he was off a bit. I thought he got better as the 3rd went, and Nylander is so close.

Also Andersen had zero shot at goal 2 and the OT was was a sick deke. Rielly is the goat of anyone..he put the puck in Marners feet.

We got a point and over 60min we didn't deserve it. How we played in the 2nd half of the 3rd was how we need to play and how we did in Tampa but Vase stonewalled us.

I really do think it's time to get that defenseman. What's happening is Hainsey isn't out as much all game so Gardiner plays more but so does our 3rd pair. I think if we got a top 4 RHD it fix that issue.

Note roster freeze Dec 19 is close and all insiders have said should be quite a few deals. Let's see
Matthews had 1 shot all night. He isn't right yet

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'm not sure Dubas thinks that...but you can't overplay your hand by telling every GM out there we desperately need a dman...that will drive up the ask.

he said our defense is better than we think and that it's under-rated

brrzt. it's not.

he needs to fix it.

i'm not asking him to tell every GM he's desperate to fix it but he doesn't have to be all "nope! it's fine" either.

Reactions: Azazel

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Not sold on this Andersen guy at all.

Great most of the season but then just like Reimer, he lets in these odd goals at odd times

I don't trust the guy

Reactions: TMLS and ToMaLe

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Unfortunately we will have the same core but at 23 million instead of of 3 million with Kap, Am and Marner all signed...losing this year is a problem.
Matthews and Nylander aren't dangerous yet but they will be. Andersen has been Meh for a few games.

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
On a bright note - Tavares played like a man tonight. Quite impressed with him. He's the complete package.

Matthews has not looked his electric entertaining self the past 4-5 games

These stars have to be a bit selfish when they are on the ice. I think thats the key - everyones deferring amr no o e is taking control - Marner and Tavares started showing good signs in the 3rd period.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Relying on his hot start and small sample.
He's obviously not going to hit those numbers but you're quite daft to say we need to hold him accountable when he's been at a 1.5points per game pace this season.

Like I said, it's time to stop drinking for the night. I'm starting to worry.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
This team is going down the path most of us expected at the beginning of the year. A good team but not a Cup contender.

Let’s see what Dubas can do- Can he build a contender in the next 3 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad