Post-Game Talk: Welcome to the Leafs Killers Club Aleksander Barkov Jr. | Leafs Lose 4-3 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Stop crapping on Matthew's. He did miss a month remember? He had the great 1st game back and then you could tell he was off a bit. I thought he got better as the 3rd went, and Nylander is so close.

Also Andersen had zero shot at goal 2 and the OT was was a sick deke. Rielly is the goat of anyone..he put the puck in Marners feet.

We got a point and over 60min we didn't deserve it. How we played in the 2nd half of the 3rd was how we need to play and how we did in Tampa but Vase stonewalled us.

I really do think it's time to get that defenseman. What's happening is Hainsey isn't out as much all game so Gardiner plays more but so does our 3rd pair. I think if we got a top 4 RHD it fix that issue.

Note roster freeze Dec 19 is close and all insiders have said should be quite a few deals. Let's see

Will we ever hold Matthews accountable!? Maybe when he demands 1q million?

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
The Maple Leaf effort has been inconsistent this season. When the Leafs are engaged and play hard for three periods there isn't many better teams in the league. Too many games lately the Leafs try and flip the switch in the third period and pull it out. Doesn't work that way. Win a few Cups before you pull that crap. Effort. I blame the players and I blame the coach for not having the team ready. Plenty of blame. Plenty of time to fix the problems. Dubas???

Popeye7735

Jan 4, 2018
Proud of the boys to get a point, down 0-2. It is about time Willy shows up in his next game or so. He makes a million more than Barkov but plays nowhere close.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
We are about plummet despite a ridiculously easy schedule.

High octane offence fails us again. Feel like a broken record saying that the last month.

You can go ahead and book your late April and May vacations.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
*positive spin alert*

It’s so obvious how good this team is when they/we get going. The amount of skill and speed they have at the top/middle end is astounding. That third period was like Canada/Latvia.

So they’ll be fine.

That said, there are some moves they can make on the fringes, like upgrading Zaitsev. I can only handle so many unforced icings and shots careening fifty feet wide of the net.
More like common sense alert. People are too busy jumping off the bridge to really look at what the Leafs have.

Reactions: The Legend

AllHeartNoSkill

Nov 23, 2008
This seems to follow a trend from the Carlyle years.

-Win early in track-meet hockey

-Develop bad habits and start stealing wins

-Start trying to win games in the last 10 minutes

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Bad execution by the boys...last game they had 8 shots on Vas for one of the PP's.
I'm sorry but when teams completely ignore the point and collapse on the sides, you don't keep trotting Rielly out there to do nothing.

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016
That was on Rielly, he should have stayed in the middle instead of hanging his goalie out to dry.
Rielly did a great job of turning a 2 on 1 into a 2 on 0 by completely taking himself out of the play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00