Post-Game Talk: Welcome to the Leafs Killers Club Aleksander Barkov Jr. | Leafs Lose 4-3 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
the guys ******* about Andersen are the same ones that ***** that we should have started Andersen when we start Sparks. Cant have it both ways boys. It was a nice goal. Tough L take the point and move on to the next game.

Reactions: Kurtz and Kelly

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
We got 1 point. After the 1st 2 periods I'll take that.

Lol at people saying Andersen is trash. Are you ****ing kidding. No goal was his fault tonight.

Matthews didn't play great but

Matthews>>>>> Barkov ... and I don't care if he got a hat trick. Matthews is better.

Seriously .... the odd Leaf fans flip flop because of 1 game. .. or even 5. It's a 82 game season. It's embarrassing. Stop.

Meh, I am thinking about the Stanley Cup. I don't take moral victories against teams we should have clearly beaten. A loss is a loss. 1 point is no consolation for me. They should have won.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Stop crapping on Matthew's. He did miss a month remember? He had the great 1st game back and then you could tell he was off a bit. I thought he got better as the 3rd went, and Nylander is so close.

Also Andersen had zero shot at goal 2 and the OT was was a sick deke. Rielly is the goat of anyone..he put the puck in Marners feet.

We got a point and over 60min we didn't deserve it. How we played in the 2nd half of the 3rd was how we need to play and how we did in Tampa but Vase stonewalled us.

I really do think it's time to get that defenseman. What's happening is Hainsey isn't out as much all game so Gardiner plays more but so does our 3rd pair. I think if we got a top 4 RHD it fix that issue.

Note roster freeze Dec 19 is close and all insiders have said should be quite a few deals. Let's see

Rainney

Jan 17, 2012
I know the popular question here is always whether Matthews is injured, whenever he doesn't score. But is kadri injured? He can barely skate these days.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Leafs are in a situation where their normally other wordly offense has dried up a bit. Its okay it will come again. Reminds me alot of 16-17 jets these past few games where they only score in the 3rd for some reason.

Matthews isent looking good lately. Probably more due to inconsistency of a young player than injury and knowing matthews it wont go on for long, nothing to worry about.

Kapanen worries me loosing the puck with no pressure. Sometimes his legs are faster than his hands.

And lastly i wanted to see barkov in the shootout as he always pull of some amazing moves... as soon as i saw him 1on1 with andersen with that much time i knew it was a goal. It was basically a shootout and noone in the league does that better than barkov.

Anyways the takeaway is that this is the leafs in a bit of a down period and they are still VERY competitive. Too many great players not to be. On to the next ,they will be dominant within the next 2 games.

Feb 24, 2004
*positive spin alert*

It’s so obvious how good this team is when they/we get going. The amount of skill and speed they have at the top/middle end is astounding. That third period was like Canada/Latvia.

So they’ll be fine.

That said, there are some moves they can make on the fringes, like upgrading Zaitsev. I can only handle so many unforced icings and shots careening fifty feet wide of the net.

Reactions: Liminality and BTP

FelixPotvin29

Oct 21, 2012
Don't get me wrong, Freddy is a great goalie.
He will steal you some games and stop 45 shots while doing it ...

But he is not clutch. He does not make the big save with the game on the line ...
Not now, and not in the playoffs.

He robbed Pastarnak in game 3 last year. Rediculous save

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA