Post-Game Talk: Welcome to the Leafs Killers Club Aleksander Barkov Jr. | Leafs Lose 4-3 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Reading this thread really shows how most people don't actually watch the game and how delusional half of the fans are.

Some of these hot takes are embarrassing. The season is full of ups and downs, and I would say in our "down" part right now we are still managing to get points. No one complained when when we were on our "up" part of the season in November and managed to win 11 out of 14 games. I doubt many teams go through a whole season without having any bad stretches of hockey lol..

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Someone in the media said the trade was because they promised Leivo they would trade him rather than making him sit in the press box.
I’m with you, why in the world would Leivo be considered the odd man out when Willy came back?

I suspect Ennis hustle and consistency beat out Levio. I suspect Leafs have plans for that particular 4th line spot next season or later this season (Grundstrum, Moore, Engvall, etc). Levio had to go, he had 3 years to do what Kappy did this year, and steal a spot in the top 9, he couldn't do it.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
Matthews has been MIA since detroit. His stick play and possession driving to net plays have disappeared
Matthews has also been brutal in his own end. He floats and doesn't work when the team is pinned in. He used to be a decent 2-way player with upside but that has drastically changed this year. There was a time when he would back-check like crazy and get the puck back. It's shocking how bad he has been defensively Nobody calls him out for it. Because of past injuries, he's also afraid to get hit. Babcock probably doesn't criticize him because the so-called superstar offensive players are so pampered.

Don't get me wrong Auston is an unbelievable offensive talent but we all bought in that he would be an elite defensive player as well.

Last edited:

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
What about Marchment and or Grundstrom? I haven’t seen them play, but they might add some spark.

Marchment is not ready yet but he is a pretty interesting prospect, a late bloomer and still developing and lots of grit and will fight, he is not a nut like his dad was lol. Grundstrum is going to fit nicely in our top 9 and maybe push Hyman back, next season, who knows, Leafs have a lot of options.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I suspect Ennis hustle and consistency beat out Levio. I suspect Leafs have plans for that particular 4th line spot next season or later this season (Grundstrum, Moore, Engvall, etc). Levio had to go, he had 3 years to do what Kappy did this year, and steal a spot in the top 9, he couldn't do it.
Babcock didn't allow him to do it. He was not given a long enough look IMHO.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
No penalty. No hearing. No suspension. Confirmed favoratism. Confirmed rigged.

f***ing bullshit. A knee to our fastest player is UNACCEPTABLE.

League really is in cahoots with Boston. League gives extra FUs to the leafs CONFIRMED.

Hit Mcavoy .6 seconds late. Penalty. Allowed Hyman to be fought by a bruin. 2 game suspension.

Reilly gets targeted. Nothing.

Kronwall on a shoulder injury return Matthees - nothing.

Brouwer Knees Kappanen super late. Nothing.

Bruin stick buts Marner in the face - Nothing.
Kadri comes in to defend Marner and misses the check.
3 games in the playoffs.

And the Bruins still get beat by Tampa LMAO what a crap ORG. They buy the refs and the league, and are meh.

We just need fair games and we would be the best.

Bettman worst thing for hockey since Video review of the offside rule pfftt

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
When our cap situation arrives and push comes to shove - as far as wingers go - we got 4 names.

Brown, Hyman, Kapanen, Johnsson

2 of these guys likely need to go. Now to anyone with half a brain, it's so ****ing obvious which 2 need to go. But if Babcock has any say in the matter, it's going to needlessly complicate things. Leivo would have been in this group but he's been removed in stunningly quick fashion. I just wonder how much this fanbase will freak out when we lose Kapanen and Johnsson in favor of the gud pros.

I would be pissed if we lost Kap. He is our toughest and most consistent player that can match Nyalnder and Matthews in scoring chances and speed. He works well with JT as well. Playoff vs bruins he looked good. Wasnt afraid like most leafs.

Johnsson has speed and hands, but just a tad undersizdd

Hyman is a playoff performer so there is that.
But meh otherwise

Brown can skate real hard.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

Absolute bullshit

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Babcock didn't allow him to do it. He was not given a long enough look IMHO.

he was on the Leafs roster for 3 seasons, he was inconsistent, Babs said it many times in interviews I watched. I don't think Babs cared if he scored but to just play hard every game. That's how Hyman, Brown, Kappy and now Johnsson have won a spot.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
he was on the Leafs roster for 3 seasons, he was inconsistent, Babs said it many times in interviews I watched. I don't think Babs cared if he scored but to just play hard every game. That's how Hyman, Brown, Kappy and now Johnsson have won a spot.
I agree to disagree. It is my strong opinion that Babcock sat him in the press box far too much! He was not given a a fair stretch of consistent ice time. JMHO.

Reactions: mrbagina

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I agree to disagree. It is my strong opinion that Babcock sat him in the press box far too much! He was not given a fair stretch of consistent ice time. JMHO.

He should have not have resigned and demanded a trade last season, i would have. Many players don't even get out of the AHL. Levio was my fav Marlie, he was the best forward on that last Nylander AHL team during the playoff run. He was also an inconsistent AHL player during the regular season.

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
Didn't catch the game, what does this refer to?

Late, dirty hit on Kapanen. As per CBC, it was something like 0.93 seconds after Kap passed the puck up ice. Stuck his knee out and hit Kap’s knee. Kap was down for a while, laboured off the ice and to the dressing room. Eventually came back.

If Hyman’s hit was late, so was Brouwer’s, plus Brouwer’s was dirty.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Reading this thread really shows how most people don't actually watch the game and how delusional half of the fans are.

Some of these hot takes are embarrassing. The season is full of ups and downs, and I would say in our "down" part right now we are still managing to get points. No one complained when when we were on our "up" part of the season in November and managed to win 11 out of 14 games. I doubt many teams go through a whole season without having any bad stretches of hockey lol..
Amen.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site

He seems to be fitting in the top 6 quite nicely on the nucks.

The only reason he "had to go" was because Babcock said as much. There was no consensus around the team or the fans that Leivo had to be traded.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

The only reason he "had to go" was because Babcock said as much. There was no consensus around the team or the fans that Leivo had to be traded.
I have watched a couple Canuck games, he is a good fit on that team and conference, playing with Pettersen and Boeser. I said last season he would do well out west with a slower, heavier teams.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Leivo is maintaining a .67 P/GP. If he can do the work of Hyman or a Brown along the wall and put up .50 to .60 P/GP there is no reason for VAN to move him from that line. He will become a low cost staple for them. Hyman has a .48 P/GP on a top line for the Leafs and Johnsson a .46 P/GP while Brown has a .27 P/GP.

His possession numbers are still good and, he has a positive influence on that line in VAN. The only way anyone can say this wasn't a huge error in judgement will be if Leivo completely tanks and he falls off a cliff.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
I asked a question, if you don't know it's ok, I'll look it up.

It's 1-2-2.....that's not very good.

You asked a question but then answered it in the same lost. Seemed to me you were alluding to Nylander's arrival being responsible for their recent woes? Am I mistaken?

Edit - actually I see that you didn't answer them, however I took them both to be rhetorical questions. Apologies if you were actually seeking answers.

Last edited:

toasterart

Mar 31, 2015
****ing bull****. A knee to our fastest player is UNACCEPTABLE.

League really is in cahoots with Boston. League gives extra FUs to the leafs CONFIRMED.

Hit Mcavoy .6 seconds late. Penalty. Allowed Hyman to be fought by a bruin. 2 game suspension.

Reilly gets targeted. Nothing.

Kronwall on a shoulder injury return Matthees - nothing.

Brouwer Knees Kappanen super late. Nothing.

Bruin stick buts Marner in the face - Nothing.
Kadri comes in to defend Marner and misses the check.
3 games in the playoffs.

And the Bruins still get beat by Tampa LMAO what a crap ORG. They buy the refs and the league, and are meh.

We just need fair games and we would be the best.

Bettman worst thing for hockey since Video review of the offside rule pfftt
------------------------------------------

Can we somehow band together and flood the NHL with messages about this issue? make up some video compilations. p.s. don't forget a few years back when Ovechkin took out Komarov in the back of the head, and it wasn't even during play.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
This just confirms you never saw his goal against Columbus...

His tip? Have you seen Kadri's goals?

It's puck luck regressing to the mean. He's been unlucky all season long with Toronto. He was due to return the normal oish% expected by all NHL players.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

It seemed like he was slowly building momentum in his NHL career this year. He incorporated more of that Hyman jam into his game and was generally a good big body out there. Versus Ennis, who hustles but is mostly light on the puck, has no real forechecking/physical presence and was just a free wallet that wasn't developed in the Leaf organization for 7 years.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010

Leivo never had the chance Kapanen got with AM34.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada

Yeah thats obvious, the team or fans don't trade players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad