Post-Game Talk: Welcome to the Leafs Killers Club Aleksander Barkov Jr. | Leafs Lose 4-3 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 262271

What about the teams out west? Aren't those the heavy teams too? How'd we do on that trip?

And ****, people consider Detroit heavy?
Nah he just couldn't think of a third team. And considering Toronto beat Detroit once apparently counts for nothing.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Take a serious look at this team. Do you think we beat Boston or Buffalo in a 7 game series?

That is our likely opponents in the 1st round.
I have no problem playing Buffalo or Boston. We will be playing well by then.

I want to play Tampa in the second round. That will be a challenge.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
So many naive people here keep telling me about the new NHL and how it's changing. No one remembers the Stanley Cup Champions. No one remembers the referees putting their whistles away in the post season. It's as though I am begging for staged fighting to return to the league. Teams win with skill, goaltending, defensive commitment, and toughness. Nothing has changed. We can't hang out hopes on TOR going deep in the playoffs by using their powerplay.

Reactions: Leafblooded

GardinerTheForward

Mar 23, 2014
Toronto (NHL Season)
no idea what your talking about, bud
You implied josh was trash because he was playing on the fourth line. If you say somebody is bad beacuse of their line number then you have to say Josh is now very good given he plays on Vancouvers top line.

You should just call a spade a spade, Leivo is a good player who wasn’t given a chance here because of politics not because of inability.

Reactions: JayDog17 and ToMaLe

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
You implied josh was trash because he was playing on the fourth line. If you say somebody is bad beacuse of their line number then you have to say Josh is now very good given he plays on Vancouvers top line.

You should just call a spade a spade, Leivo is a good player who wasn’t given a chance here because of politics not because of inability.

I said he was inconsistent, good some games and then invisible for some games, and that's not a good thing if you're a 4th line player on a Babcock team, now keep it reel and don't put spins on my posts.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Coaching said he was working his butt off and getting better, but he topped out.
Maybe the 4th line is missing goat?
Don't get me wrong. Leivo is a hockey player. I'm just postulating why I think he got traded. I've always held that opinion. When I see him on the ice his skating didn't fit with the rest of the team.

The 4th line sucks with Gauthier as well Salt, that line has had Brown, Lindholm, Ennis and Gauthier on it since Leivo left and it looks like an absolute shadow of what it was, small sample admittedly but it's getting hemmed in like crazy and it's possession numbers have tanked since the trade

With Leivo it was very low event (for both teams) but if your 4th line is getting tough usage and not only holding it's own but tilting the ice in your favor, especially possession wise your winning

I agreed with trading him if Babcock didn't want him and was unwilling to give him playing time, if I was upper management I would however ask Babcock to explain himself and give a good account of why he wouldn't use him, because I'm still unable to understand why he didn't value Leivo as a player

Visually and statistically he actually looks like an effective middle 6 player and he did while he was here so it's got me ******

Mar 14, 2011
Take a serious look at this team. Do you think we beat Boston or Buffalo in a 7 game series?

I'd pick the Leafs over those 2 teams in a 7 game series, the main hurdle IMO is Tampa, Washington and Pittsburgh (if they get back to form past the midseason like they did 2 years ago). The Jackets, Buffalo and the Bruins are going to be tough to beat for sure but unless the Leafs are slumping like they are right now come playoff time, they should be able to come through against those 3 teams.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost

I mean, if we're talking about on paper? Absolutely. With how we've been playing lately...well that's a different story.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008

What gives Buffalo the confidence that they could beat the Leafs in a 7 game series?

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

I think we'd f***ing smoke Buffalo in round 1. 5 games IMO

Boston? Ehhhh, depends on if the refs let them goon us again without repercussion.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Serious question, but what exactly does Par Lindholm do?

I know Brown is having a rough year offensively but I swear this guy literally does nothing but eat 13 minutes a night that should be going to Kadri/Matthews/Tavares. He's been okay on the draws I guess but he's at a 46% CF and has 1 assist in his last 10 games.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I said he was inconsistent, good some games and then invisible for some games, and that's not a good thing if you're a 4th line player on a Babcock team, now keep it reel and don't put spins on my posts.
While this is true, the larger part of the inconsistencies would be the day to day grind ie. practices, weight room.
Leivo didn't bring it everyday. He has no one to blame but himself.

I think we can say with all confidence that the Leaf season is not on the verge of collapse because of the loss of a middling player.

Reactions: JustAShadow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad