Post-Game Talk: Welcome to the Leafs Killers Club Aleksander Barkov Jr. | Leafs Lose 4-3 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I agree to disagree. It is my strong opinion that Babcock sat him in the press box far too much! He was not given a a fair stretch of consistent ice time. JMHO.

He seems to be fitting in the top 6 quite nicely on the nucks.

The only reason he "had to go" was because Babcock said as much. There was no consensus around the team or the fans that Leivo had to be traded.
Leivo could not skate the way the management wants this team to skate. That is all

mrbagina

Jan 4, 2017
I loooooved the lines when we were working to tie the score. 43+16, 91+24, 34+29.

I hope Babcock keeps them. We looked practically unbeatable after we went down 2-0.
For me the dynamic duo has been Kapanen and Johnsson (who has been much much better lately) They are the ones being moved up and down the lineup to get those lines going. I did like both of them with Tavares, though and would keep it that way for the near future at least.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Is this hit similar to Hyman's? Dude should be suspended.

I was sitting firsdt row center ice for this one and when Kapanen came by the bench he gave it to the Panthers bench. Dude was not happy and he had every right to be pissed, Bad hit

Reactions: Myopic

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Leivo could not skate the way the management wants this team to skate. That is all

Hold up, upper management seemed to have a lot of time for the guy, they did everything they could to hold onto him even when it completely ****** his value

The coaching staff seems to be the group that didn't value him and were willing to let him sit on his ass for years on end, even though anybody with a statistical bent said he should have gotten more opportunity to show us what he was actually capable of

Notice the 4th line without him? Who'd have imagined that a guy that can win and cycle the puck for solid chunks of time could be useful on a defensive/checking line?

Shocking that

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Hold up, upper management seemed to have a lot of time for the guy, they did everything they could to hold onto him even when it completely ****** his value

The coaching staff seems to be the group that didn't value him and were willing to let him sit on his ass for years on end, even though anybody with a statistical bent said he should have gotten more opportunity to show us what he was actually capable of

Notice the 4th line without him? Who'd have imagined that a guy that can win and cycle the puck for solid chunks of time could be useful on a defensive/checking line?

Shocking that
Coaching said he was working his butt off and getting better, but he topped out.
Maybe the 4th line is missing goat?
Don't get me wrong. Leivo is a hockey player. I'm just postulating why I think he got traded. I've always held that opinion. When I see him on the ice his skating didn't fit with the rest of the team.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Coaching said he was working his butt off and getting better, but he topped out.
Maybe the 4th line is missing goat?
Don't get me wrong. Leivo is a hockey player. I'm just postulating why I think he got traded. I've always held that opinion. When I see him on the ice his skating didn't fit with the rest of the team.

The only team missing goat is on the opposition bench.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
tampa, boston for starters

What about the heavy teams Toronto beat earlier on?

Jets x 2
Washington
Boston (shocking isn't it?)
Pittsburgh (lead the leagues in hits)
San Jose
Las Vegas

Plus, Tampa got outplayed in their game against Toronto. It was all on Vasilevskiy.

And some of these wins came without Matthews and Nylander!

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
What about the heavy teams Toronto beat earlier on?

Jets x 2
Washington
Boston (shocking isn't it?)
Pittsburgh (lead the leagues in hits)
San Jose
Las Vegas

Plus, Tampa got outplayed in their game against Toronto. It was all on Vasilevskiy.

And some of these wins came without Matthews and Nylander!

I’ve only watched TPA a few times this year and I was convinced they were vulnerable, however after watching them play the Jets I think they only play offence when they need to, and boy do they turn it on. I think the 4-1 lead dictated how they played in the 3rd against the Leafs.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Matthews has also been brutal in his own end. He floats and doesn't work when the team is pinned in. He used to be a decent 2-way player with upside but that has drastically changed this year. There was a time when he would back-check like crazy and get the puck back. It's shocking how bad he has been defensively Nobody calls him out for it. Because of past injuries, he's also afraid to get hit. Babcock probably doesn't criticize him because the so-called superstar offensive players are so pampered.

Don't get me wrong Auston is an unbelievable offensive talent but we all bought in that he would be an elite defensive player as well.

Are you talking about Auston Matthews? If so, watch a little closer next game, he does a lot in the D end.....

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
Boys are not playing well at all right now. They got a lot of shots last night but there wasn't that voloume of high quality ones. TBay got a couple of lucky bounces at the end of the second and there's the game. I'm a big fan of being all in with the games leading up to a big game. Win the ones in front and than that one big one doesn't mean as much. You play with less stress and it is not important as others. Leaf's have to figure out Boston and some other teams this second half. Enough is enough.

The other thing is, this lineup was playing really well and than Nylander was inserted. He is not in shape, he looked slow out there first couple of games and it has a trickle down effect. This is what happens when players hold out. The real distraction is not when they are out but when they come back. This team really needs to start to get in a rhythm.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Boston, Detroit, and Florida.

All of them smashed TOR in the nose and TOR buckled.
Those teams have nothing better to do than hit. They not making the playoffs so they gotta sell tickets in other ways.

The game is moving towards fast and skilled.

Mar 14, 2011
Boston, Detroit, and Florida.

All of them smashed TOR in the nose and TOR buckled.
The Jets, Caps, Sharks, Ducks and Jackets are just as heavy and physical as Boston yet the soft as marshmallow Leafs are somehow 7-1 against those teams combined. The Wild and Vegas could play a heavy game as well similar to Red Wing and Florida and yet the Leafs actually has a pair of wins against the former.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Those teams have nothing better to do than hit. They not making the playoffs so they gotta sell tickets in other ways.

The game is moving towards fast and skilled.

Boston looks like they’ll get in. Luckily the Leafs have banked points and built 10 point lead on the NYI. Now they got to try and hold on to top 3 in the Atlantic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad