Welcome to TED Talk Too - Tempe Approves TED 7-0 - Public to vote 5/16/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Just them backing off is enough. I’m not really sure of how much clout this CASE has. They seem kinda wack

CASE is more or less a union organizer.

They’re wanting to push for union jobs. But they have two things to deal with. Arizona is a right to work state so closed shops are frowned upon. And Alex Meruelo already has plenty of experience dealing with unions in Nevada.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
@Dirty Old Man

I think your answer is here.

Seems like Sky Harbor isn’t against TED anymore….

(Hint: Meruelo agreed to defend them at his cost if residents file noise suits against the airport)

This is encouraging. Very welcome development to this story. Now, it seems the major hurdle is the war over the narrative about funding. Opposition groups will position it as a free ride for an evil billionaire who can’t even be bothered to pay what little tax bills he gets and is happy to screw over city after city.

The Coyotes have the advantage of this being, in reality, a very good deal for the city and a project that deserves support. They have the disadvantage of their narrative being less concise and requiring more context and information. Never good for voters who usually pick the best bumper sticker slogan.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
With the way Sky Harbor backed off so suddenly, I'm wondering if maybe there's a backroom deal afoot where the airport will get the room to extend 7R/25L like they've been wanting to do forever...

So the planes will be even lower when they cross the TED?

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
With the way Sky Harbor backed off so suddenly, I'm wondering if maybe there's a backroom deal afoot where the airport will get the room to extend 7R/25L like they've been wanting to do forever...
If that's the case they need to be more vocal in support. This needs to be a slam dunk referendum instead of a nail biting, recount finish.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
So the planes will be even lower when they cross the TED?

If Sky Harbor extends the south runway, the traffic from that runway will actually be south of the TED by a city block. It'll actually fly over the SpringHill Suites and the Hyatt just east of that runway as it already does now. It'd just mean that more large traffic will use that runway for arrivals/departures (e.g. the KC-135s of the Copperheads, the UPS and FedEx traffic from the south cargo ramp, etc.).

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I keep coming across articles talking about Phoenix's change in attitude towards TED. Hopefully the residents that intend to vote are too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad