Welcome to TED Talk Too - Tempe Approves TED 7-0 - Public to vote 5/16/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Won’t be any public discussion. Tempe staff will be updating the council on negotiations.

Coyotes are beginning to reach out to the Tempe residents however.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I don't know why anyone's surprised at the lack of selling out. Lets let at it objectively, it'll finally be summer winter where everyone can finally be outside again. People have so many other activity options that just aren't possible in the Canadian winter Arizonian summer. Plus with the high prices they're asking, why would anyone go?

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I don't know why anyone's surprised at the lack of selling out. Lets let at it objectively, it'll finally be summer winter where everyone can finally be outside again. People have so many other activity options that just aren't possible in the Canadian winter Arizonian summer. Plus with the high prices they're asking, why would anyone go?
Tickets are moving despite the price and everyone knowing the on ice product is going to be shit.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I thought that the WJC was the greatest thing up there since sliced bread. A little sex scandal can’t be that important, can it?

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Who gives a shit how many of the 4k temporary tickets they sold. Did you miss the word "progress" in the press release? That's all that matters. How much progress will be the key.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Who gives a shit how many of the 4k temporary tickets they sold. Did you miss the word "progress" in the press release? That's all that matters. How much progress will be the key.
Do you think attendance matters? 😇 Sorry I couldn't resist.

• Haha
Reactions: RemoAZ

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Grabs says you're full of it....

I think we are in agreement. I was implying that a jam-packed ASU arena will be great, but if it's half full then not so much. It's all relative. Coyotes playing in front of 17k in the new arena will be awesome. Manchester United hosting 17k fans would be a bummer.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I think we are in agreement. I was implying that a jam-packed ASU arena will be great, but if it's half full then not so much. It's all relative. Coyotes playing in front of 17k in the new arena will be awesome. Manchester United hosting 17k fans would be a bummer.

I'll take 4800 screaming, engaged Coyotes fans at ASU over the 12-14K half-asleep need-to-be-prompted-to-cheer fans I had to sit with as a STH in Glendale any day.

I just hope it happens that way.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I'll take 4800 screaming, engaged Coyotes fans at ASU over the 12-14K half-asleep need-to-be-prompted-to-cheer fans I had to sit with as a STH in Glendale any day.

Gawd I still vividly remember a game at GRA against Buffalo and Sabres fans concentrated in just two upper sections out cheered the rest of the arena and everyone around me were acting like “they can’t do that here!!”

That was when I saw Tyler Myers rabbit punch Scottie Upshall in the back of the neck unprovoked.

I’ve hated Myers ever since.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I’m hoping we can get some update on how the session went tomorrow. It was all crickets.

Of course the city council could keep everything super close to the chest. I hope not

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I’m hoping we can get some update on how the session went tomorrow. It was all crickets.

Of course the city council could keep everything super close to the chest. I hope not

In this case, it was the council getting an update from their negotiating staff. Because it was all done in executive session state laws prohibit any of it from being released.

If there's anything looking hopeful they did unanimously approve another 10-12 story office building on Rio Salado just east of the arena site.

Next meetings are September 8th.

Reactions: Knights2017

SirLancelot

Aug 9, 2022

I went to one game this year (wanted to see McDavid). The fan atmosphere was brutal. It was like they gave high school students free tickets and it was one IG moment on the big screen after another. My son, who plays and loves, wanted to leave after two periods. It was BRUTAL.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I went to one game this year (wanted to see McDavid). The fan atmosphere was brutal. It was like they gave high school students free tickets and it was one IG moment on the big screen after another. My son, who plays and loves, wanted to leave after two periods. It was BRUTAL.
Must have been the one night the Coyotes promote to the youth groups

They’ve done this for the last 2-3 years I can think of.

Last edited:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

All penalty shots or shootouts will have to be taken towards the curtain of distraction.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I wore a Coyotes t-shirt into San Tan Brewery the other night, and my bartender went on and on about taking his kid to see that last Nashville game, showed me his picture with Howler, the works.

The 80 year old gentleman I took to the Ottawa game said that was the craziest game he'd ever seen in person, and he grew up in St. Paul.

So your mileage may vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad