Welcome to TED Talk Too - Tempe Approves TED 7-0 - Public to vote 5/16/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Me either. Those sound podunk though, but maybe they’ll make money. Hope they do, no I’ll will toward the COG here.
It's a title fight. Popular Mexican fighters so should draw here.

Welcome to HFBoards.

You must be new around here?? :D

Ellman's plan was solid.

Ellman just didn't have the resources to pull it off correctly. Scottsdale was wary of this and that's why they wouldn't allow the Los Arcos project to go through without see his financials.

Moyes looked at the Coyotes as a collateral cash cow... and you can be assured he didn't lose anything coming out of it..
Still would have worked if the economy didn't crash. Just a horrible time for many of us including the Coyotes.

Knights2017

Jan 13, 2021
Gilbert, AZ

Still would have worked if the economy didn't crash. Just a horrible time for many of us including the Coyotes.

Can you explain to me how the economy caused the Coyotes to not be successful in Glendale? Doesn't add up, unless you're just talking about Ellman/Moyes deal itself?

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Can you explain to me how the economy caused the Coyotes to not be successful in Glendale? Doesn't add up, unless you're just talking about Ellman/Moyes deal itself?
Not speaking for Remo, but if Westgate development had not stalled, due to the economy, the team would have been better off financially. TED is the same basic situation in a different location.

Reactions: RemoAZ

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I swear to f***ing god, I've been sick for a week and a half with COVID, and I finally get the strength back to come back to HF, and you guys are doing this East/West shit again?

And this, just after a unanimous Tempe vote??

And I thought *I* was the miserable bastard.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Holy shit man, are you too young to know the whole history? The economy crash is what sunk the whole deal. It's what separated the arena from Westgate, put the Coyotes into BK, kept them in limbo for decades, which kept garbage on the ice for decades from owner to owner and on and on. It also sunk the whole area, city, county and state. Just for reference, the pic below is one I took of my house to show a friend how close I lived at the time. That's the Cardinals stadium in the background if you look close. I watched the whole thing being built. I worked for Blockbuster at the time and I was stupid enough to believe the CEO when he said "we will go bankrupt over my dead body" and put all my money into Blockbuster stock after he said that. So yeah, I lost everything during that time including that house like a lot of people. Thankfully I climbed my way out of it and am doing well. I live about a mile and a half away now. I saw it go up, I watched it fall apart and I saw it come back. Unfortunately the Coyotes never did because they weren't attached to Westgate anymore. The owner is not rich enough to survive without the land deal. Everybody at least on this board should understand that much by now.
View attachment 615654
I’d hit this with a like, but damn Remo, that shit hit you hard, glad you clawed your way back!

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I’d hit this with a like, but damn Remo, that shit hit you hard, glad you clawed your way back!
Yeah realized I was wasting my time if someone still doesn't know the history. Not like it hasn't been posted here a zillion times. My story was a bad country music song. I also had to sell the truck in the pic, my dog died and I flushed a $5k ring down the toilet when I realized she wasn't going to say yes. Armstrong isn't the only one that knows how to burn it to the ground for a rebuild.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
I swear to f***ing god, I've been sick for a week and a half with COVID, and I finally get the strength back to come back to HF, and you guys are doing this East/West shit again?

If you think there's only 1 miserable bastard in forum 40 you are still sick...go back to bed.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Yeah realized I was wasting my time if someone still doesn't know the history. Not like it hasn't been posted here a zillion times. My story was a bad country music song. I also had to sell the truck in the pic, my dog died and I flushed a $5k ring down the toilet when I realized she wasn't going to say yes. Armstrong isn't the only one that knows how to burn it to the ground for a rebuild.
So there’s hope for the Coyotes too? :D

• Haha

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

You’ve never seen siblings squabble?? 😂

I still get it every day…. Only it’s between the cats now.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I only like cats in Chinese food.
Never cared too much myself, not even in Chinese, but we inherited a couple and turns out we like them.
Love dogs, but man cats are far less maintenance - my aging approves!

To get almost back on track: So nobody knows the current status of the annex?
TL???

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Never cared too much myself, not even in Chinese, but we inherited a couple and turns out we like them.
Love dogs, but man cats are far less maintenance - my aging approves!

To get almost back on track: So nobody knows the current status of the annex?
TL???
They gave an uodate on PHNX recently and it sounds like they will be ready for homestand. Biggest issue is getting all their crap for the equipment guys moved in.

Knights2017

Jan 13, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
I know the history full well. I just don't think that's what doomed the Coyotes in Glendale. It was the wrong location in a business sense and demographically.. unless you actually believed Glendale would become Scottsdale 2.0 that Glendale Mayor Elaine Scruggs believed it would.

Wrong owner/s in Ellman/Moyes/Gretzky
Wrong location, not enough hockey fans or culture out west, no business/corporate presence outside of warehouses. It's blue collar

The economy had no effect in the above.. Even without an economic crash Glendale wouldn't have been successful, it's a city run by yokels and always will be.

Sorry you personally had issues during the 08 crash but what does that have to do with the long term viability of the team in Glendale? You were one of the extremely few Coyotes fans who actually lived in Glendale.

That resort they're building is going to collapse as well, just a matter of time. Why would anyone pay upscale resort prices in Glendale when most of what people want to do is in Scottsdale? The City of Glendale is repeating the same things again before yet another recession looming..

But anyways, I drove by the TED site today. Carvana's HQ is going up pretty fast and the TED site to me seems bigger than I remember.

For the record, I have been a Coyotes fan since 2000 (See username) and have lived in the following cities in the valley:

Surprise (I moved to Surprise from out of state to be near the Coyotes in Glendale FYI)
North Scottsdale
North Phoenix
Mesa
Gilbert

Replies are welcome, I won't delete this post but it's my final one on the subject.

How about them SIGNATURES?!

Last edited:

RollingCoyote

Aug 13, 2022

Chocolatito isn’t Mexican, he’s Nicaraguan.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I know the history full well. I just don't think that's what doomed the Coyotes in Glendale. It was the wrong location in a business sense and demographically.. unless you actually believed Glendale would become Scottsdale 2.0 that Glendale Mayor Elaine Scruggs believed it would.

Wrong owner/s in Ellman/Moyes/Gretzky
Wrong location, not enough hockey fans or culture out west, no business/corporate presence outside of warehouses. It's blue collar

The economy had no effect in the above.. Even without an economic crash Glendale wouldn't have been successful, it's a city run by yokels and always will be.

Sorry you personally had issues during the 08 crash but what does that have to do with the long term viability of the team in Glendale? You were one of the extremely few Coyotes fans who actually lived in Glendale.

That resort they're building is going to collapse as well, just a matter of time. Why would anyone pay upscale resort prices in Glendale when most of what people want to do is in Scottsdale? The City of Glendale is repeating the same things again before yet another recession looming..

But anyways, I drove by the TED site today. Carvana's HQ is going up pretty fast and the TED site to me seems bigger than I remember.

For the record, I have been a Coyotes fan since 2000 (See username) and have lived in the following cities in the valley:

Surprise (I moved to Surprise from out of state to be near the Coyotes in Glendale FYI)
North Scottsdale
North Phoenix
Mesa
Gilbert

Replies are welcome, I won't delete this post but it's my final one on the subject.

How about them SIGNATURES?!
You obviously don't know how the project makes money for the owner. The economy crashing caused the team to be separated from Westgate. The development project is what makes money, not the team. If you don't understand that, I can't help you. If the deal in Tempe was just for an arena, it wouldn't work. He'd either be looking for a new location or selling the team.

Knights2017

Jan 13, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
You obviously don't know how the project makes money for the owner. The economy crashing caused the team to be separated from Westgate. The development project is what makes money, not the team. If you don't understand that, I can't help you. If the deal in Tempe was just for an arena, it wouldn't work. He'd either be looking for a new location or selling the team.
edit: ah who cares..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad