Welcome to Pittsburgh, Jarome Iginla! | Part II | Hanowski, Agostino, 1st to Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
My guess is that it ends up being this :

Kunitz - Sid - Iggy
Morrow - Malkin - Neal
Dupuis - Sutter - Bennett/TK
Cooke - Vitale/Adams - TK/Glass/Adams
DJ
TK
Adams
Glass

Bennett goes back to his natural RW, Dupers can play either wing. 4th line becomes much more of a contributor. Dead weight gets benched/dealt.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I want to know what people think about this. TSN up here in Canadia had the top 6looking like,

Dupuis - Crosby - Iginla
Neal - Malkin - Kunitz

This information is of consequence to those of us with Dupuis in our pool.

That may happen but I really doubt Kunitz is moved from top line. I think Duper slides down to 3rd line right wing.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Jarome Iginla News Conference

Jarome Iginla will hold a news conference in Calgary today at 12:30pm et/9:30am pt to discuss his trade to Pittsburgh. Watch it LIVE on TSN and TSN.ca and listen on TSN Radio 1050, 690 and 1290.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I want to know what people think about this. TSN up here in Canadia had the top 6looking like,

Dupuis - Crosby - Iginla
Neal - Malkin - Kunitz

This information is of consequence to those of us with Dupuis in our pool.

I don't see that happening. You never know though. In one way, it does make sense:

Tanner Glass could be L1 LW, and the other team would sell out to stop that line. May as well make Geno's line as strong as possible to exploit the advantage that would create.

Won't happen, but it's a reasonable thought.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That may happen but I really doubt Kunitz is moved from top line. I think Duper slides down to 3rd line right wing.

Agreed . . . although I could see Dupuis, even before Bennett, sliding to L2 LW if Morrow isn't the right fit.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
KIRK, if Tanner Glass was Crosby's left wing, do you still think other team's defenses would focus on his line?

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
I thought long and hard about what I should do now that you have obtained Iginla

First I thought, maybe I will troll you? but no, I couldn't bring myself to it.

but now I have decided, since none of you are willing to share any of the cool new players you got from Jay Feaster-mart I have decided what I will do

I'm telling my mother.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I don't disagree. Personally, I think he looked better in two games with Bennett than he looked with anyone else all season. IF Morrow can turn back the clock for about 30 games, then he'd be perfect. Morrow three years ago was the perfect fusion of Malone/Kunitz IMO.

BTW, I worry a lot more about Neal than Geno. Neal doesn't move his feet with any consistency. Sugar coat it however you like, but it's the truth. All season, Geno needed a guy to help with the little things. Bennett gave him that help. If Morrow can do even more, then that's great. BUT, I hope Bylsma watches it closely and tries to be creative with how, where, and when he uses Geno, again like Fitzie was in 2009.

Okay, so I've been giving this a lot of thought over the past 15 minutes. Trying to convince myself that losing Joe Morrow is OK more than anything else, really...

Structurally speaking it makes sense to play Morrow at 2LW. He's very similar to Kunitz, physical, gritty, can win board battles. The only issue is Kunitz is approximately 150 times faster. But Geno is more East-West than Crosby, and he's used to playing with Neal. Maybe that, combined with Morrow's adrenaline boost can make it work.

If it weren't for the speed issue, I wouldn't care. Hell, play him with Crosby in that case. That's going to be the real key down the stretch. The roster falls into place perfectly (at least the top-9) if Morrow can work on line 2

May 17, 2009
Maine
It's a great day for the Penguins and people who love to hate them. (Though not such a good day for people who hate to hate them).

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I thought long and hard about what I should do now that you have obtained Iginla

First I thought, maybe I will troll you? but no, I couldn't bring myself to it.

but now I have decided, since none of you are willing to share any of the cool new players you got from Jay Feaster-mart I have decided what I will do

I'm telling my mother.

LOL

Love the avatar BTW :laugh:

Kovifan27

Jan 17, 2012
Philly, PA
Pumped right now. But not to nitpick or be a negative nancy or anything, but adding 3 roster players while already playing so well, is there any concern with team chemistry being disrupted?

It could be but since they are all high level players I can't see it being more than a couple of days.

The chemistry worry is valid though if old DB starts flip flopping every line trying to get a magic formula two games into all of them being here.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Compliment all you want, when my mom hears about this...

Seriously though. Why can't the Leafs have nice things :cry:

Nazem is way above "nice thing." Every other team would love to have him. I live in Toronto, and I'm happy that's worked out for you guys. And I really hope you guys make the playoffs. Just not against us. Wife is a Leafs fan. Can't handle that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad