Welcome to Pittsburgh, Jarome Iginla! | Part II | Hanowski, Agostino, 1st to Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 147413

Wow, what's your line-up look like now?

Kunitz - Crosby - Iginla
Bennett - Malkin - Neal
Morrow - Sutter - Dupuis
Cooke - Vitale - Glass

???

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
From the last thread:

There probably aren't wrong answers as to whether Crosby or Malkin should play with Iginla.

I'm assuming it'll be Crosby, too, but there's a lot to be said for not wanting to touch a line that's gotten the best out of all three of its members and has essentially pillaged the entire Eastern Conference all season. That's all I'm saying.

Fair enough. I can see where you're coming from, I just disagree.

Cliff O Malley

Aug 4, 2006
I DUNNO?
It all depends on his motives. He could be a guy at the end of his career that wants that one Cup and then wants to finish his career with his team. I have no way of knowing really so just speculating.

True. I think that winning a cup would just make him hungrier. He is a winner, and winners like to win more than pretty much anything.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
You absolutely MUST put Sid and Iggy together, at least to start and to try and see if there is chemistry. Then go from there.

Exactly. Now is the time to try it. Iggy is a RW. Don't force neal back to LW, and don't put him with sutter unless there is zero chemistry with sid.

Dupers has chemistry with everyone and that third line will be in beast mode with him there.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Kunitz - Crosby - Iginla
Bennett - Malkin - Neal
Morrow - Sutter - Dupuis
Cooke - Vitale - Glass

???

Shero makes one other move . . . :D

Kunitz-Sid-Iggy
????-Geno-Neal
Morrow-Sutter-Dupuis
Cooke-Vitale-Bennett

No Glass. No Adams. Cats and dogs, living together . . . :scared:

SteelFish87*

Kunitz - Crosby - Iginla
Bennett - Malkin - Neal
Morrow - Sutter - Dupuis
Cooke - Vitale - Glass

???

Adams will definitely play over Glass and Vitale because he is better and kills penalties. Kennedy mixed in on 4th as well

PenguinTommy

Jan 4, 2009
Zvolen
What the heck just happened ????

I was waiting for the official announcement until 6.10 AM (CET), went sleep ... 6.30 AM, Iggy was a Penguin ...

Woke up, like Is this real life ????

I was screaming, jumping, dream came true ... still can't believe it!

Thank you Ray and thank YOU Jarome, you picked us ! :handclap:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Exactly. Now is the time to try it. Iggy is a RW. Don't force neal back to LW, and don't put him with sutter unless there is zero chemistry with sid.

Dupers has chemistry with everyone and that third line will be in beast mode with him there.

Agreed. It's a no brainer. As I keep saying, though, my only worry now is the musical chair on L2 LW. If Morrow is the solution, then great. Personally, every team is going to throw everything to stop Sid and Iggy. Their LW could be Glass, and it wouldn't matter in terms of what the other team does. THAT makes Malkin a huge advantage if Bylsma chooses to exploit it like 2009 by making him a lineup rover for 30% of his shifts (we'll have to wait and see, of course, since Granato, not Fitzie, runs the forwards this time around).

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Shero makes one other move . . . :D

Kunitz-Sid-Iggy
????-Geno-Neal
Morrow-Sutter-Dupuis
Cooke-Vitale-Bennett

No Glass. No Adams. Cats and dogs, living together . . . :scared:

:laugh: come on

Honest question after reading some of your posts, are you not yet satisfied ?

Xavier Laflamme*

Pumped right now. But not to nitpick or be a negative nancy or anything, but adding 3 roster players while already playing so well, is there any concern with team chemistry being disrupted?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
What the heck just happened ????

I was waiting for the official announcement until 6.10 AM (CET), went sleep ... 6.30 AM, Iggy was a Penguin ...

Woke up, like Is this real life ????

I was screaming, jumping, dream came true ... still can't believe it!

Thank you Ray and thank YOU Jarome, you picked us ! :handclap:

No, this isn't real life. You are experiencing a soap opera inspired dream sequence. :sarcasm:

ARSix

Mar 12, 2012

Kunitz - Crosby - Iginla
Bennett - Malkin - Neal
Morrow - Sutter - Dupuis
Cooke - Vitale - Glass

???

I want to know what people think about this. TSN up here in Canadia had the top 6looking like,

Dupuis - Crosby - Iginla
Neal - Malkin - Kunitz

This information is of consequence to those of us with Dupuis in our pool.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Agreed. It's a no brainer. As I keep saying, though, my only worry now is the musical chair on L2 LW. If Morrow is the solution, then great. Personally, every team is going to throw everything to stop Sid and Iggy. Their LW could be Glass, and it wouldn't matter in terms of what the other team does. THAT makes Malkin a huge advantage if Bylsma chooses to exploit it like 2009 by making him a lineup rover for 30% of his shifts (we'll have to wait and see, of course, since Granato, not Fitzie, runs the forwards this time around).

No musical chair, if morrow busts on 2nd line, its obvious who they will put in there. Bennett...who already looked great on that line. No concern whatsoever.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Pumped right now. But not to nitpick or be a negative nancy or anything, but adding 3 roster players while already playing so well, is there any concern with team chemistry being disrupted?

I don't think so, you never know. I think the guys we added are the right type of guys so that won't happen . But it is interesting all 3 of them have spent their careers with one team

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
:laugh: come on

Honest question after reading some of your posts, are you not yet satisfied ?

No, I'm highly satisfied. You will recall that I said, when we did the Morrow for Morrow deal, that the deal said to me that Shero was all in this year and even more so on Iginla. He played his low straight flush perfectly against Feaster with that one. ;)

In all seriousness, I would hate to acquire Iginla to see Malkin, who really could be a huge matchup advantage now, diminished. I don't think it will happen if the coaching staff is as creative with using him as Fitzie was in 2009.

That said, what's wrong with my total dream scenario. :p:

this IS Kirk we're talking about...

Kulemin or bust!

:D

Nah, that's not happening. We don't have Morrow and our 1st to give Toronto's fan base for him. :p:

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

Hey Kirk, I think Bennett is better for 2LW than Morrow, but whoever they put there, I think part of this STILL falls on Geno. He needs to realize he's back on smaller ice and adjust. I think that's really a big part of all of this.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull
#Flyers recall Gustafsson while #Penguins acquire Iginla. Yeah, sounds like perfect way to describe season.

Xavier Laflamme*

I don't think so, you never know. I think the guys we added are the right type of guys so that won't happen . But it is interesting all 3 of them have spent their careers with one team

That's my thought to. All three guys are great character guys with great leadership qualities so I don't see it being a problem either but I figured I'd see what others opinion are as well?

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I'm still totally shocked. Went to bed last night resigned to the fact that Iginla was going to the Bruins. Got the text from the Pens this morning announcing the trade. Nearly ran my car into a ditch.

I feel for Flames fans. Is there a fan base in the NHL that gets **** on more by their own organization?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Hey Kirk, I think Bennett is better for 2LW than Morrow, but whoever they put there, I think part of this STILL falls on Geno. He needs to realize he's back on smaller ice and adjust. I think that's really a big part of all of this.

I don't disagree. Personally, I think he looked better in two games with Bennett than he looked with anyone else all season. IF Morrow can turn back the clock for about 30 games, then he'd be perfect. Morrow three years ago was the perfect fusion of Malone/Kunitz IMO.

BTW, I worry a lot more about Neal than Geno. Neal doesn't move his feet with any consistency. Sugar coat it however you like, but it's the truth. All season, Geno needed a guy to help with the little things. Bennett gave him that help. If Morrow can do even more, then that's great. BUT, I hope Bylsma watches it closely and tries to be creative with how, where, and when he uses Geno, again like Fitzie was in 2009.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Still boggles the mind how Morrow gets Morrow and Feaster couldn't get even one relevant prospect for Iggy. Even as a Nucks fan, I just feel sorry for Calgary nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad