Prospect Info: Welcome to Montréal, Jesperi Kotkaniemi (1st round pick, 3OA 2018 - signed ELC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
High risk high rewards type of pick. Hope he's not only a one tournement wonder.

Anyway, welcome Kotka, hope you reach your potential.

Reactions: DAChampion

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
He's ranked lower on the meaningful sites than he is on the fluffy media sites. Remember that the media sites all pushed for Fucale and MB listened to them then, too. Detroit got Zadina and Veleno.

Detroit got two players who stopped showing growth, example where's mcfarlend for florida, always take the player who shows growth.

Also Kotka is only 2 months from being in the 2019 NHL draft, kid could end up being right there with Dahlin before this is all said and done

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Detroit got two players who stopped showing growth, example where's mcfarlend for florida, always take the player who shows growth.

Also Kotka is only 2 months from being in the 2019 NHL draft, kid could end up being right there with Dahlin before this is all said and done
Zadina stopped progressing ?? What!!!!!!??????!!!!

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Zadina stopped progressing ?? What!!!!!!??????!!!!
literally all damn week we had scouts saying after WJC he plateaud and never showed growth,

Also Zadina Nov 17 1999
Kotka July 5 2000

your talking nearly a year younger and dominated the U18's a tournament where he was in his peer group

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
High risk high rewards type of pick. Hope he's not only a one tournement wonder.

Anyway, welcome Kotka, hope you reach your potential.

Best kinds of picks. The draft exists for us to win that superstar lottery. No point in drafting safe players with no upside. These guys can be traded for and signed every year. But McKenzie for the record seemed to think he was at minimum going to be a 2nd line center. So very high value pick. Centers are the most valuable asset as we all know.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
literally all damn week we had scouts saying after WJC he plateaud and never showed growth,

Also Zadina Nov 17 1999
Kotka July 5 2000

your talking nearly a year younger and dominated the U18's a tournament where he was in his peer group
Didn’t say I don’t like our pick
I still think Zadina will be a hell of a player

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
I'd say kotka simply because gal didn't play for a year
Yes but he still went third overall because his talent level was supposedly can't miss (looked downright dominant even two years removed from draft in juniors). Is Kotka on that level? I honestly don't know much about him...

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Didn’t say I don’t like our pick
I still think Zadina will be a hell of a player
don't disagree, but after hearing everyone speak, watching a few games in my spare time and just listening to timmins I think he's the right pick.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
I'll be watching him with Kakko in Liiga next season and giving the reports.
You and your reports will be welcome here! Hope you'll fall in love with HfHabs craziness, wait, I meant passion!

Serious question: who's more talented coming out of the draft between Galchenyuk vs Kotkaniemi?
Hard to say, Kotkaniemi is on a roll at the moment, his reputation keeps getting better and better, while Galchenyuk was injured most of his draft year and got his reputation while having Yakupov on his wing. A lot of people say that if he hadn't been injured, Galchy could have been the top pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia