Prospect Info: Welcome to Montréal, Jesperi Kotkaniemi (1st round pick, 3OA 2018 - signed ELC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
only if we are tanking, which we should be......

he might be a good #2C or #3C in the future.....never will be a #1C franchise player

excellent pick for the tank next year, however, he shouldn't even be playing on the team next year

No one can say that today.

If we ignore his skating he has the skill set to become a #1C, he's 6'2, praised for his IQ, 2way game and has a shot.
So he's 17y with skating as the weakness, he has years to develop that, the good news for you is he knows that and wants to improve that.
He seemed to be happy with Montreal picking him and wants to become that guy for them.

+Please teach your fans the difference(regarding points) between junior leagues and pro leagues in Europe, it's painfull to read.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
cut.jpg

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I'm happy with the pick. Smart player. Talented. Safe kind of pick, but not in the same sense of a Thachuk safe. Kotkaniemi has the potential to be more than Thachuk, but worst case he'll be a bottom-6 player who is very good at that role. Of course, I want him to reach his potential.. but we'll see.

Plus his name is bad ass... I would love to see him light the lamp repeatedly, just to hear his name screamed by the announcers!

Reactions: DAChampion

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
That draft ended up being such a let down for those 3.

#1: What happened to him? Oh right, Edmonton happened.
#2: Injuries. So many injuries. He would have been an elite defenseman without them.
#3: Basically a Edmonton situation going on here as well, except he was able to produce offensively to an extent. His development was just as stalled from poor coaching/management.

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
Not happy with the pick. Would of liked the consensus guys in Zdina or Tkachuk. Any idea why Koka (or whatever his name is climbed)? Did he play in the world Juniors? I've also heard he's a bad skater any Truth?

Way to go bergevin (face palm)

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
only if we are tanking, which we should be......

he might be a good #2C or #3C in the future.....never will be a #1C franchise player

excellent pick for the tank next year, however, he shouldn't even be playing on the team next year
I would ask your reasoning for this but i don't care

Reactions: Geecko

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
That draft ended up being such a let down for those 3.

#1: What happened to him? Oh right, Edmonton happened.
#2: Injuries. So many injuries. He would have been an elite defenseman without them.
#3: Basically a Edmonton situation going on here as well, except he was able to produce offensively to an extent. His development was just as stalled from poor coaching/management.
We're going to blame eakins/Edmonton forever because yak is a lousy player?

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
No one can say that today.

If we ignore his skating he has the skill set to become a #1C, he's 6'2, praised for his IQ, 2way game and has a shot.
So he's 17y with skating as the weakness, he has years to develop that, the good news for you is he knows that and wants to improve that.
He seemed to be happy with Montreal picking him and wants to become that guy for them.

+Please teach your fans the difference(regarding points) between junior leagues and pro leagues in Europe, it's painfull to read.

The poster you are quoting was replaced in our mock draft after she selected Ryan McLeod 5th overall.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Oh man, can you imagine when we get another high end center next year? Hughes-Kotkaniemi-Poehling-Danault. No longer the joke of the league when it comes to centers.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
He's ranked lower on the meaningful sites than he is on the fluffy media sites. Remember that the media sites all pushed for Fucale and MB listened to them then, too. Detroit got Zadina and Veleno.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The poster you are quoting was replaced in our mock draft after she selected Ryan McLeod 5th overall.

My post was more of a overall point, I've followed draft threads and read too much twitter lately.
So much negativity towards him and what he did in Liiga last season. Will be interesting to watch how the threads develop next season.

I'm a Boston fan( a Finnish) but a Kotka fan so I'm just going to stay in his thread and ignore the rivalry and focus on my thoughts on Kotka. I'll be watching him with Kakko in Liiga next season and giving the reports.

Last edited:

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
Sorry I haven't been following hockey so much lately, but I was curious with our top pick.

Can someone explain why he went from high middle first rounder to top 3?

Thanks!

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Not happy with the pick. Would of liked the consensus guys in Zdina or Tkachuk. Any idea why Koka (or whatever his name is climbed)? Did he play in the world Juniors? I've also heard he's a bad skater any Truth?

Way to go bergevin (face palm)

So you've never seen the guy play and don't know anything about him and yet you're facepalming ? I'm facepalming at your facepalm sir !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad