Prospect Info: Welcome to Montréal, Jesperi Kotkaniemi (1st round pick, 3OA 2018 - signed ELC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Welcome to Montreal! Phew I was worried they would take Thachuk, though good, not a need. Forget best player available and grab highest valued player.
In most cases 2nd line centers are worth more than top line wingers (depending who, obviously Kane or Ovechkin could land a 2nd line center).

Reactions: Nico Hischier

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Since the end of the preSeason I waited so long for this draft with impatience.

Last Night, I had an akward dream. Did not drank risky substances or smoked risky cigars.

In that dream, I'm at the arena of Dallas as incognito. Discreet without anyone knowing that I'm an intruder there. I snucked into the crowd to be with Kotkaniemi. I began to be a Bff with this Finnish. I proposed him to check out the hood at the DTown of Montreal. We rode a Bixi.

A taxi driven by Arsene Wenger get us back in time at the American Airlines Center for him to be drafted.

Bargainbin

1 FOR 1
Jun 17, 2017
Since the end of the preSeason I waited so long for this draft with impatience.

Last Night, I had an akward dream. Did not drank risky substances or smoked risky cigars.

In that dream, I'm at the arena of Dallas as incognito. Discreet without anyone knowing that I'm an intruder there. I snucked into the crowd to be with Kotkaniemi. I began to be a Bff with this Finnish. I proposed him to check out the hood at the DTown of Montreal. We rode a Bixi.

A taxi driven by Arsene Wenger get us back in time at the American Airlines Center for him to be drafted.
Didn't expect to see an Arsene Wenger Cameo on hfboards

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
HAHAHA!!! Sweet..we are going to kick ass..

Beau - Barzal - Wahlstrom Future deadly Line!!!

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
some people seem ______ about this _____ so I will not be _____ and make my prediction now about __________ he will be ____________!

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Been hearing a lot of fans want this guy for months now. Not the player I would’ve expected at #3. A lot of risk with this player. But I guess we’ll see. I won’t bash Bergevin on it until it plays out. Welcome to Montreal Kotkaniemi.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Truly love the pick! Under ducharme he should be very well trained and preped for NHL! Glad we got hi! So happy with the pick makes everything better after losing galchenyuk! But gonna miss galchenyuk badly :/ but happy overall at least we didn't trade it or picked Brady Tkachuk!

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Very happy with this pick. Poehling-Kotkaniemi will make up for a good top 6 centre line in a couple years.

Also, his nickname should be "I hope" ;)

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Great pick, at worst Kotkaniemi will be a great second line center, top line center upside for sure...

What a draft for NYI, unbelievable luck that both Dobson and Wahlstrom slid that far, franchise turnover draft...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
She had crazy eyes :D

She saw this ... hence her reaction:

2cqemm.jpg

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Any chance he makes the team next year?

only if we are tanking, which we should be......

he might be a good #2C or #3C in the future.....never will be a #1C franchise player

excellent pick for the tank next year, however, he shouldn't even be playing on the team next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad