Prospect Info: Welcome to Montréal, Jesperi Kotkaniemi (1st round pick, 3OA 2018 - signed ELC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
My point is this. In a cap world a team has to have the best development system money can buy because you sure as hell are not going to survive trying to buy players. Also, as others have stated, it makes sense to have complete control of a 3 tiered devopment program and making it worth playing in their tier.
Agreed. They absolutely should have the best management because they can afford it. For now though, we're stuck with MB. He's not going anywhere for the forseeable future. At least they've made other positive coaching and development moves

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yeah, for some people having your dad as the coach is a major obstacle, but I don't think that's the case with Kotkaniemi. I see more positive things with him having his dad as the coach. For example he'll get favorable playing time, and he'll also be motivated to work hard because slacking off at home and building bad habits won't really be an option
I think Lehkonen played for his dad as well. Lehkonen was NHL ready when he came over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad