-Sulzer

U:
-"to the blue line and not out"
-"good period/effort by Buffalo"
-our so-called "power" play

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
When i think of Terry and Kim Pegula buying the team, i can't help but think of the plotline to this movie...

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Hodgson is NOT and never will be a first line centre--he gives the puck away too much, he lacks first line speed, and while no pushover has no edge to him. Play him on the second line because that is where he will or ought end up.

Stafford has to get off whatever soporific he is on.

I do not like seeing our "enforcer" getting beat up--that demoralizes the team.

It is time to play Grigs 20 minutes with linemates who fit in with what we want him to be.

We need a steady defenceman with wheels who can cover/recover when others screw up--from what I have seen of him that is Pysyk. He is not big and not physical but he does get in the way, he is not easily beaten one on one, and he can get back in position quickly if he loses position.

Give Miller a rest. Bring up Leggio and throw him in--not fair to Enroth who has not played enough to get thrown in here.

Work the snot out of this team--they seem to lack gas. I am sorry but do not believe that over the summer they suddenly got slower than the Leafs (and every other team they have played lately). They need to see the play around them and react instantly--only high speed practices will get them back to doing this.

This year is short and the pain will not be as prolonged as in a full season--so start thinking medium and long term. I will accept losing if we have Grigs, Gergs, Pysyk, MacNabb, Leggio, getting some good developmental opportunities.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Give Grigs 20 minutes, my god. You can't be serious. Oh wait you are serious??

Guess that means top line minutes and top PP duties. Imagine how slow he would be by the mid-point of the 3rd. He'd have to crawl to the bench.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Hodgson is NOT and never will be a first line centre--he gives the puck away too much, he lacks first line speed, and while no pushover has no edge to him. Play him on the second line because that is where he will or ought end up.

Stafford has to get off whatever soporific he is on.

I do not like seeing our "enforcer" getting beat up--that demoralizes the team.

It is time to play Grigs 20 minutes with linemates who fit in with what we want him to be.

We need a steady defenceman with wheels who can cover/recover when others screw up--from what I have seen of him that is Pysyk. He is not big and not physical but he does get in the way, he is not easily beaten one on one, and he can get back in position quickly if he loses position.

Give Miller a rest. Bring up Leggio and throw him in--not fair to Enroth who has not played enough to get thrown in here.

Work the snot out of this team--they seem to lack gas. I am sorry but do not believe that over the summer they suddenly got slower than the Leafs (and every other team they have played lately). They need to see the play around them and react instantly--only high speed practices will get them back to doing this.

This year is short and the pain will not be as prolonged as in a full season--so start thinking medium and long term. I will accept losing if we have Grigs, Gergs, Pysyk, MacNabb, Leggio, getting some good developmental opportunities.

I agree with about none of this except for the Drew Stafford part. Leggio can't get 'developmental opportunities' because he's already developed into what he is: an AHL goalie. Grigorenko has trouble handling 12 minutes.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Yes I want him on the pp. He is 18, not 35. He should be in good enough shape to handle it--I admit he may not look too good on a lot of shifts as he tries to earn his spurs--but until he proves he is not ready we can lose just as easily with him as we are with the guys he might replace. Let the new coach figure out where he needs work from game conditions. With the games on tv there are a lot of timeouts as well to give the players short rests aside from resting during shifts. As a fan I want to be able to hope, to anticipate better days. The present lineup does not give me that....

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Yes I want him on the pp. He is 18, not 35. He should be in good enough shape to handle it--I admit he may not look too good on a lot of shifts as he tries to earn his spurs--but until he proves he is not ready we can lose just as easily with him as we are with the guys he might replace. Let the new coach figure out where he needs work from game conditions. With the games on tv there are a lot of timeouts as well to give the players short rests aside from resting during shifts. As a fan I want to be able to hope, to anticipate better days. The present lineup does not give me that....
I think most people know what you mean, and it's dumb to have him scratched, but he can't handle the mins you'd give him.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

I sympathize with that but you still have to have some conservatism in how you dole out roles to young guys even if the plan is to tank. Grigorenko has to work his way up to getting 18 minutes by being able to handle 13 minutes consistently first.

wshahbaz

Dec 15, 2010
This is what happens when you build a luxury locker room before the team has won anything.

Ted Black

May 23, 2011
I don't get it.

The team is much better than what they're letting on. Look at the first ten minutes, it was a completely different team. Mother ****ing stafford was doing work along the boards, WINNING puck battles, creating chances. They were passing better. Much better. THEY HAD A BREAKOUT.

Then they just quit. Why?

I will never understood.

BLOW IT UP. GET RID OF EVERYBODY.

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
Definately not 20 minutes but gris really should be back in the lineup saturday, give him 15 minutes and pp2 time, nothing to lose atleast give the kid some experience for next year or whenever we get an NHL team back

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Rob:
Your evaluation of how good those players are might be right on--but I do not like what I see on the team and would like to see what a hungry player or players without the multimillion millstone around his/their neck(s) might do given a chance. I sometimes rejected a more talented player on my teams for a guy who hated to lose and who worked his butts off. Ever watch the Sabres end their shifts? I would kick their ass for cruising to the bench on line changes...If they are tired they should have been off the ice sooner...

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
I think he meant luxurious players like Hoff, Leino, Myers contract, etc.

Or so I hope...

...or maybe just the basic fact of talking big, slinging around money, and getting no results for it(or as Ted Black calls it "encouraging mistakes"). It's making us look like a joke

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
The players should all live in squalor in regards to the locker room conditions. They should all pay for the trainers, equipment, meals, bus rides, and practice time. When they start to win playoff rounds .... THEN Pegula can start renovating and paying for things.

Spoiled brats!

:sarcasm:

:loony:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I truly hate Stafford.

I wasn't even yelling at the TV while he stood there and watched Gerbe -vs- Phaneuf. I just shook my head in disgust and said typical. He is such a soft player mentally and physically. Its an embarrassment that he has an "A" on his jersey.

I'm just soo tired of the same crap every year from him. Darcy get rid of him.

Last edited:

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
The aforementioned point about how the Sabres take their time getting back to the bench on line changes is a good one.

We have done that forever and it is a sign of bad coaching and a lack of overall team discipline.

I am beginning to think this crew of losers is like a battered dog. Once enough damage is done, you can't rehabilitate the poor little guy.

Wholesale changes need to be made, and Stafford would be the first guy I'd start with.

You simply can't even talk about wanting to win multiple Cups and leave a waste product like this on the team. He has to go. He is good for almost nothing, aside from a random good shift and the odd assist.

It's worth noting that Stafford is paid to score goals. In 18 games played this year, he has precisely 1 goal more than I HAVE. AND I DON'T PLAY IN THE NHL.

We need to keep the momentum of the Ruff firing going forward. I'd love to see Stafford moved in the next week, and I don't particularly care what we get in return for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad