Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Honestly, players should look at how the team has been treating Stamkos the next time they think about cutting a team-friendly deal to play in Tampa.

Loyalty is only a one-way street it seems.....
Stamkos can easily regain leverage if he hints at signing with Florida on a heavily discounted 1yr deal.

Mike4Leafs4ever

Feb 22, 2020
It's not THE way. Everyone who has moved on or is currently leading their series is averaging 3+ a game, except for Vancouver.

Leafs are averaging fewer than 2 goals a game. How is that a recipe for success? And asking your goalie to bail out your supposed high powered offense every game?

I am just begging them to come out flying and score multiple goals in a period for once.
We win again 2-1. This is the only way to beat Boston (and Florida and teh Cup for that matter).

• Wow
Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
Would like to see Vancouver make it through to the finals over Edmonton. The Oilers' fanbase is a little unhinged with their hatred for the Leafs. A team that they play once or twice a year and whose fanbase couldn't care less about you. It's hilarious if not pathetic.

Reactions: Grantham

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Interesting that game 1 of round 2 will likely be played before a potential game 7 of a West series

Don't remember the last time that happened in the NHL
They've started doing it more in recent years. It's something they're copying from NBA. The later starts (8PM) is also an NBA thing.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Probably, but I think the Leafs have a better chance than the Bruins to pull off the upset.

The PP can't be bad forever lol
There is zero chance they get pushed around like last year. Every game was close woth 3 going to OT. If the backend can punish Florida and wear them down a bit.... Who knows?

Reactions: ToneDog

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
You can clearly see how sleezy Dubas is because he's fired one of Mike Sullivan's assistant coaches to ruffle the feathers. I don't think Sullivan returns to coach the Pens.

Reactions: ToneDog

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
You can clearly see how sleezy Dubas is because he's fired one of Mike Sullivan's assistant coaches to ruffle the feathers. I don't think Sullivan returns to coach the Pens.

Pittsburgh had a worst powerplay than the Blackhawks and Reirden was the guy to handle their PP. With the talent they had, it was unacceptable. It wasn't just bad for a couple months, it was bad for a whole season. Apparently Sullivan refused to make changes to his staff, so maybe they are about to change their head coach eventually?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Don't blink if Tre calls Sullivan if things go wonky for the Leafs Saturday (which they won't BUDS ALL DAY)

Not surprising. But I'd imagine and nyi May want to consider a new voice sooner than later. Lou's done some good work with them building them back up, but I think someone with a different vision might be needed at this point.

Reactions: SprDaVE

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Don't blink if Tre calls Sullivan if things go wonky for the Leafs Saturday (which they won't BUDS ALL DAY)

Not surprising. But I'd imagine and nyi May want to consider a new voice sooner than later. Lou's done some good work with them building them back up, but I think someone with a different vision might be needed at this point.

barzal for marner make it happen

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019

I dunno, on one hand, it might be true, but who's to say Lou won't adjust his approach now that he laid the ground work.

You're odds are you might change him for Dubas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad