Weekly News Roundup (9/5 - 9/11) - Okada/Omega, Rhodes sit., Charlotte/Sasha pulled

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If it was triple threat, you wouldn't pull the promotion

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Ehhh I'm not going to make a mountain out of a mole hill when we were all wrong about Sasha being suspended after Summerslam.

The true answer is most likely something simple

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Well one week they said Bayley will be getting a title match, as Sasha is out injured. But then Sasha wasn't as bad as feared (no surgery) so she's back. So they drop the Bayley match, and put Sasha in it again. But then they have Bayley go over Charlotte on TV, which means she should get a title shot (again!).

So it's kinda a total mess, so I guess they're just killing all promoting of it until they sort it out next week.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
So if WK11 goes according to plan with Omega/Okada
MCG is telling us all how to watch live, right ?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So if WK11 goes according to plan with Omega/Okada
MCG is telling us all how to watch live, right ?

lol I wish, it's a 13-hour time difference.

That will be the first thing I watch when I come back from my vacation, though.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I've always dreamed of a triple threat with bayley and sasha. Although the 3rd person wasn't charolette but i guess i'll take it. :sarcasm:

I've wanted a four horsewomen match for a long time.

Honestly Charlotte deserves some slack. She has gotten better, and it isn't like Sasha is blowing the world away lately outside of scaring the **** out of people with her spots.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Looks like it is some type of clickbait haha.Checked the Guiness book of records and didn't see that guy.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I've wanted a four horsewomen match for a long time.

Honestly Charlotte deserves some slack. She has gotten better, and it isn't like Sasha is blowing the world away lately outside of scaring the **** out of people with her spots.

I think the first issue was stifling Sasha when she was hot coming out of Wrestlemania. They took her completely off TV.

Also, since winning the title, we haven't been getting the Legit Boss, we've been getting Mercedes KV who they want to be a role model for 9-year old girls. And while that turn-up-to-11 could work, some day, it doesn't with the character that she got over with. That led up to that horrifying promo, where they wanted her to be two different characters, which literally makes me want to punch a hole in my wall just typing things about it.

As for the matches, it takes more than one to put the matches together. Seemed like Charlotte took more heat after the match at Summerslam, but hopefully Hunter got in Sasha's ear too, if he didn't believe she is willing to work safe enough, she wouldn't be on the main roster.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne

You guys can stop calling Ryback a liar now

Did you listen to what Ryback actually said? He himself said he never believed it would happen, he flat out said it's a stupid thing to do.

The one making false promises is Vince, and that's standard practice in wrestling anyway. Shouldn't be news to anyone.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think the first issue was stifling Sasha when she was hot coming out of Wrestlemania. They took her completely off TV.

Also, since winning the title, we haven't been getting the Legit Boss, we've been getting Mercedes KV who they want to be a role model for 9-year old girls. And while that turn-up-to-11 could work, some day, it doesn't with the character that she got over with. That led up to that horrifying promo, where they wanted her to be two different characters, which literally makes me want to punch a hole in my wall just typing things about it.

As for the matches, it takes more than one to put the matches together. Seemed like Charlotte took more heat after the match at Summerslam, but hopefully Hunter got in Sasha's ear too, if he didn't believe she is willing to work safe enough, she wouldn't be on the main roster.

The post-mania booking doesn't have much to do with her doing dangerous spots instead of focusing on the wrestling.

Her character just works a lot better as a heel or a tweener. Her heel work in NXT is her absolute best work ever.

I really just don't understand the purpose of Monday was. Was it supposed to be an FU moment for the dirt sheets speculating about her injuries (she has lashed out on social media in the past about it).

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The post-mania booking doesn't have much to do with her doing dangerous spots instead of focusing on the wrestling.

Her character just works a lot better as a heel or a tweener. Her heel work in NXT is her absolute best work ever.

I really just don't understand the purpose of Monday was. Was it supposed to be an FU moment for the dirt sheets speculating about her injuries (she has lashed out on social media in the past about it).

Post-mania booking didn't help keep her over though, or at least keep her hot. She won't get the keys to the castle if she doesn't chill out, but she also wouldn't do a lot of this stuff if she was working heel.

I don't think she was ever really injured before, or at least no one was ever trying to figure out if she was. She was probably just mad it got out, because she didn't say much when she had a concussion or hurt her back.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
its pretty simple if you're willing to pay for their network

Internet is bad to the point where I avoid most streaming services (netflix being only thing that properly works for me)
I'm just thankful the wwe network is on a TV channel in Canada or I'd be screwed

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Internet is bad to the point where I avoid most streaming services (netflix being only thing that properly works for me)
I'm just thankful the wwe network is on a TV channel in Canada or I'd be screwed

One reason why sports programming remains a popular choice in bundles for cable companies. They deliver a product that is consistent door to door with out downthrotteling of internet.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Post-mania booking didn't help keep her over though, or at least keep her hot. She won't get the keys to the castle if she doesn't chill out, but she also wouldn't do a lot of this stuff if she was working heel.

I don't think she was ever really injured before, or at least no one was ever trying to figure out if she was. She was probably just mad it got out, because she didn't say much when she had a concussion or hurt her back.

She came back and was still plenty over. The RAW crowd lost its **** when she won the belt.

If they saved it and did it at Summerslam the pop would of been even bigger.

It is shocking to me that creative was this in the dark over the status of her injuries that they created this booking **** up. Keep her off TV until after CoC with a fake injury or something. I legit don't understand why they brought her back like this last week.

Isi

Sep 4, 2016
Did you listen to what Ryback actually said? He himself said he never believed it would happen, he flat out said it's a stupid thing to do.

The one making false promises is Vince, and that's standard practice in wrestling anyway. Shouldn't be news to anyone.

Yeah I thought everyone believed Ryback? It was so out of Vince's playbook it's almost ridiculous

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Punk fought Mickey Gall in his first professional fight on September 10, 2016, at UFC 203. His debut took place at the Quicken Loans Arena, the same venue where Punk had decided to quit the WWE and retire from professional wrestling. Punk went on to lose the fight via submission at 2:14, in the first round.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
Looks like it is some type of clickbait haha.Checked the Guiness book of records and didn't see that guy.

Every article I could find is a cut/paste of the article that you posted. Not saying it couldn't happen although even googling this guy's name produced zero results, but I'm not sold on this being legit yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad