Weekly News Roundup (9/5 - 9/11) - Okada/Omega, Rhodes sit., Charlotte/Sasha pulled

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Whenever new news is posted in this thread (as long as it isn't legitimate spoilers, which belong in the spoiler thread) I will update the OP. New thread will be up every Monday from here on out for the week.

This also doesn't just have to be WWE news. It can be anything in the world of wrestling. Spoilers for other promotions need [SPOIL] tags, WWE/NXT spoilers need to go in the spoiler thread.

9/5

- It appears Downstait is working on a remix to Seth Rollins theme song.

- Meltzer reports that the relationship between Paige and the company is really negative right now and that she's "probably" done with the company.

- Cody Rhodes is not allowed to use the "Rhodes" name on television.

9/6

- Stephanie McMahon's book has been pushed back. It was set to be released next month but it's now been pushed back to 2020 on Amazon.

- The plan was always for Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte to take place at Clash of Champions, but they brought up Bayley into the program just in case Sasha would be out longer than expected.

- Rusev posted that his 23-day honeymoon started today, which would keep him off television until the 29th.

9/8

- After a house show run, WWE has ended Baron Corbin vs. Kane.

- Paige has acquired legal representation. No one knows if she's staying or leaving.

- Balor's injury forced WWE to make Seth Rollins their new top face. Initially, the plan was that Rollins and Reigns would be kept out of the title picture.

- Raw on November 21 was originally scheduled for Montreal, but WWE cancelled it plus NXT events set for the GTA in September to make Survivor Series a big weekend.

- Stephanie McMahon's autobiography has been pushed back to 2017.

- More than one performer was upset with the Sasha Banks segment on Monday Night Raw - to go along with the fact that it was a horrible segment to begin with.

- Luke Harper has returned to training.

- Alberto Del Rio may go to Elite in Mexico instead of AAA, which would mean no Lucha Underground most likely.

- Unless plans change, the plan for Wrestle Kingdom 11 is for Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenny Omega for the title. Kenny Omega would be the first Canadian to ever main event a New Japan Tokyo Dome show.

- Cody Rhodes is not allowed to use the "Rhodes" name on television anywhere, and WWE is still claiming rights to ownership of the Dusty Rhodes name which means Cody may not be able to work on the book for his father he was planning.

Rob Naylor, Dusty's office assistant, confirmed the story of Dusty telling Cody to leave after Wrestlemania 28. From that point on, it was said that the worst day to be around Dusty was Tuesdays if he didn't like the way Cody was being used on Raw.

- While WWE has interest in Matt Riddle, his publicly pro-marijuana stance and the fact that he's tested positive for marijuana in the past is making the company hold off at the moment.

9/10

- WWE has informed the WWE.com staff to remove any advertising for Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte at Clash of Champions and edit any material that mentions the match. It has been pulled from the WWE.com site.

Last edited:

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Damn shame about Paige. They criminally underused her. Her talent level is on par with the women that came up for the "Revolution" and she should've been in the mix of things when Becky/Sasha/Charlotte were all feuding for the belt at Mania.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
She shouldn't have been in that match, it wasn't her story to be involved in. But the story of 'I was the one who started the change, you just rode my coat tails' was the one she should have followed. But the entire division was trash the the get go, so many ways it could have been done better.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Thank's for the new thread

So I guess I did hear that right. What a god damn shame, and what a waste as well. There's a lot of things that went wrong with her, from both sides.

She shouldn't have been in that match, it wasn't her story to be involved in. But the story of 'I was the one who started the change, you just rode my coat tails' was the one she should have followed. But the entire division was trash the the get go, so many ways it could have been done better.

It probably could've been that, but that's when she started getting in trouble

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yup, Cody has a match with Shibata. God damn. I can't wait.

As for Paige, she can tear it up in LU and beat up men in the process.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I really hope working the Indies builds Cody Rhodes back up and he can return to the WWE one day.

Things seemed to end a bit sourly, but hopefully sometime away, and Cody building back up the Cody Rhodes brand will help heal the differences.

Cody Rhodes has what it takes to be a Main Event Champion for the WWE. The fans LOVE HIM. Just look at the video he posted. The crowd was going insane.

I don't know. I just hope the Cody Rhodes story doesn't end with "WWE wasted him completely", and more "Cody's WWE career started great, but when things got bumpy, he went to the Indies, and eventually returned to the WWE and hit his full potential".

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
LU is done until next year, so as I've joked before, Paige better love CMLL and Triple A circuit

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I doubt WWE will just release her though. They seem to like her.

Part of ADR's heat backstage is the feeling that he is bringing down Paige, no?

I feel like they will let ADR go, and hope that is enough to bring an end to ADR/Paige, and hope Paige get's back on track.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Since they're changing Rollins' theme (mixing it up), I wish they would do the same for Ambrose. His theme right after the split was much better and not as repetitive:

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
She didn't seem to be going far without him prior to getting together. WWE hasn't pushed in in over a year.
Can't push someone when their injured, and can't push someone when there's limited time and other stories going on without her. She's young, she don't need to be pushed instantly when they have her for years to come. It's not like need to rush to use her like with Styles or someone.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Damn shame for Paige. Her matches with Emma were terrific. She was so immature with some of the locker room stuff we heard about. But we weren't there to see what happened.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Since they're changing Rollins' theme (mixing it up), I wish they would do the same for Ambrose. His theme right after the split was much better and not as repetitive:

I think the themes today are much better than they were for the last decade or so. I'm not a big fan of orton or ziggler's theme, for example, but some of the newer guys on wwe and nxt have some some really catchy intros. Owens, Rollins, Balor, Charlotte, and shinske come to mind right away.

I hope they don't change too much with Rollins, it doesn't need much tampering at all.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I think the themes today are much better than they were for the last decade or so. I'm not a big fan of orton or ziggler's theme, for example, but some of the newer guys on wwe and nxt have some some really catchy intros. Owens, Rollins, Balor, Charlotte, and shinske come to mind right away.

I hope they don't change too much with Rollins, it doesn't need much tampering at all.

I think today's themes are hit or miss. I either love em or hate them. We got Cesaro walking around with that....err.....whatever you call it but then on the other hand Nakamura has a legitimate beautiful piece of music.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The latest themes that CFO$ comes out with are really good. Earlier ones are extremely hit or miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad