Weekly News Roundup (9/5 - 9/11) - Okada/Omega, Rhodes sit., Charlotte/Sasha pulled

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Because WWE is the dream for a lot of people in it, and it's not for her. What has it led to? Nobody likes total divas and nobody likes Nicolas Cage.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Why?

Why is that a bad thing? Because she used the WWE to gain opportunities for herself? Should we say "**** The Rock" because he used the WWE as a launching pad? Now, is Eva Marie going to give us the moments Rocky did? Of course not, and Rocky's father was a wrestler so there is some difference, but how is someone a bad person for using the WWE to further herself?

I'll never understand the disdain for people just trying to better their life.

Don't like Eva Marie because she lacks ability? Sure. I get it. I have no desire to see Eva Marie wrestle either

But to hate on her because she took a great opportunity is a pretty ****** thing to do.

I hate her because she has no talent and is ONLY using wrestling as a vehicle for her no-talent ass. Also because losers like her represent all that was wrong about women wrestling. Now that things are changing, girls like Eva Marie should go back to PLayboy where they belong.

The Rock was a wrestler first and became something more. Wrestling gave him opportunities, but he was great at being a wrestler. He became the biggest star in the company.

I don't hate her because she took an opportunity, good for her for doing so. I hate her for being a hack.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'll 100% agree she has no wrestling ability, but she does have acting ability.

Using Wrestling, is the same reason people use Reality TV as launching pads for other things. Heck, a Big Brother US participant used the show to get into TNA.

When John Cena was starting to get over, he released a Rap album. When that failed, he looked into acting.

Heck, the majority of WWE superstars these days have appeared in some sort of outside TV/Movies.

Like I said, I get disliking her for wrestling ability, but making it seem like she's some sort of ******* for finding a way to reach her goals is ****ing idiotic.

The WWE made it an option for her, right or wrong, and she took it. Yet, she's the *******? Your issue should be with the WWE, not her for taking what she was given.

Unless you also blame NHL players who take big contracts they are offered, and then don't really live up to the hype.

Ultimately, is she a poor wrestler.? Yes. She clearly knows that because she's been training pretty hard with Brian Kendrick the past year and a bit to improve.

However it's WWE that is in the wrong for putting that poor wrestler on TV

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
Eva Marie is a the greatest. The way wrestling, especially the WWE, chews people up and spits them out, particularly women, it's nice to see someone use the company to her complete advantage.

She had a contract that basically didn't require wrestling. When they wanted her to wrestle she got them to pay her more and get individual training lessons. Then she translated that into a gimmick that still barely required her to wrestle.

If she can somehow parlay all that into an actual acting career, she'll have my undying respect.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Eva Marie is the shining star of the woman's division. People moaned about Sasha potentially retiring but if Eva Marie leaves us it'll be the darkest day in the women's division history.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I'll 100% agree she has no wrestling ability, but she does have acting ability.

Using Wrestling, is the same reason people use Reality TV as launching pads for other things. Heck, a Big Brother US participant used the show to get into TNA.

When John Cena was starting to get over, he released a Rap album. When that failed, he looked into acting.

Heck, the majority of WWE superstars these days have appeared in some sort of outside TV/Movies.

Like I said, I get disliking her for wrestling ability, but making it seem like she's some sort of ******* for finding a way to reach her goals is ****ing idiotic.

The WWE made it an option for her, right or wrong, and she took it. Yet, she's the *******? Your issue should be with the WWE, not her for taking what she was given.

Unless you also blame NHL players who take big contracts they are offered, and then don't really live up to the hype.

Ultimately, is she a poor wrestler.? Yes. She clearly knows that because she's been training pretty hard with Brian Kendrick the past year and a bit to improve.

However it's WWE that is in the wrong for putting that poor wrestler on TV

What? Have you ever watched Total Divas or listened to one of her promos? She is either the best actress ever or REALLY bad. Because looking that naturally bad on purpose would be genius.

She has a look and that's it. Nothing else, nothing more.

To be fair, I wouldn't say I hate "her", I hate what she represents. For the record, people using reality TV to TRY to get a gig in a serious showbusiness endeavor are also the scum of the earth, mostly. Just look at the Kardashians.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The best is when people pretend to like Eva Marie, it's cute.

(I'm the OG Eva supporter by the way...)

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
How is the Eva thing even a debate? If you were a female wrestler, busting your ass every day to be good at your craft, and watched Eva successfully move up the biggest wrestling company... you'd be beyond pissed. It was 100000% for her looks. If she didn't look the way she looked, we wouldn't even know she existed.

But I'll never hate Eva for taking full advantage of that. From the very little I know, it sounded like she busted her ass to try and get better at everything she was doing. So at least she put in the work and got it to pay off.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
I've always liked her theme, entrance and presentation. Her inability to wrestle and her tendency to make her opposition look their absolute worst is kind of out of this world terrible though.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
What? Have you ever watched Total Divas or listened to one of her promos? She is either the best actress ever or REALLY bad. Because looking that naturally bad on purpose would be genius.

She has a look and that's it. Nothing else, nothing more.

To be fair, I wouldn't say I hate "her", I hate what she represents. For the record, people using reality TV to TRY to get a gig in a serious showbusiness endeavor are also the scum of the earth, mostly. Just look at the Kardashians.
I was wondering about that line too. Her promo and slap of Jerry Lawler was some of the worst acting I've seen in my life.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
The best is when people pretend to like Eva Marie, it's cute.

(I'm the OG Eva supporter by the way...)

hmmm, let's see.

12/05/2013
Eva Marie is pretty awesome.

04/30/2014
I'm no Eva Marie fan...

Looks like you're not.

AT0a0Ue.gif

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The company has informed WWE.com staff to not promote Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte for Clash of Champions and any material that does mention it should be edited. The match has been pulled from the WWE.com site.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Watch it be now that Sasha gets nailed for a wellness suspension.

If that happens I'm going to drink a gallon of windsheld washer fluid

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Making it a triple threat match with Bayley maybe? or probably a fatal 4 way

Or they just go forward and do Bayley/Charlotte and do Sasha/Charlotte next. They screwed their booking here. Bayley is clearly the most over of the group, and they had her pin the champ when they knew Sasha was going out there to say she was back.

They could of easily had Bayley lose in some kind of screwy finish on RAW to avoid this. It wouldn't of hurt her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad