Weekly News Roundup (8/29 - 9/4) -- ADR gone, Goldberg, Rollins/HHH, more Bryan/Miz

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
At one point when Dana was called up, the idea was that Dana Brooke vs. Charlotte would be the Wrestlemania match, per Meltzer.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Dana isn't as bad as she looks. Basically everything went wrong with her debut. If half the roster didn't die, and she and Emma got to do their thing it would have gone so much better. Sucks really.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
At one point when Dana was called up, the idea was that Dana Brooke vs. Charlotte would be the Wrestlemania match, per Meltzer.

I believe it based on how they were teasing her and Charlotte feuding for quite a while.

I feel bad for ADR. First, he gets fired for punching a guy who absolutely had it coming and now he was seperated from his girlfriend in the draft. Not even a fan of the guy, but WWE ****ed with him horribly.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If you think Dana vs. Charlotte as a Wrestlemania program would've been terrible, now imagine Dana going over, which she obviously would have.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I wouldn't be shocked if that match still happens. The belt will be off her by then, and she will need something to do at Mania.

Depends on Sasha's health I imagine. Another injury is likely unless she tones things down.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I wouldn't be shocked if that match still happens. The belt will be off her by then, and she will need something to do at Mania.

Depends on Sasha's health I imagine. Another injury is likely unless she tones things down.

I don't think Charlotte was ever meant to have the belt at Wrestlemania.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't think Charlotte was ever meant to have the belt at Wrestlemania.

Think the same, why I don't really have an issue with a secondary program of Charlotte/Dana. We should want there to be multiple women's matches on the card that aren't thrown together tag matches with no story.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
PWinsider saying Harper will be at the Performance Center to see how his knee is holding up, and a return could follow soon afterward.

WWE also put up a "4 hottest free agents" video. Featured Rock, Taker, Harper, Emma

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Harper's gotta go to Smackdown right?

I have no idea what's going on with the Wyatt's but I'm assuming they're dead (though a returning Harper could change that I suppose) but he'd add a lot to the mid/upper card of Smackdown. Definitely needed more than Raw.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I remember when she first went down that Lance Storm said it wasn't as bad as feared. But that could have just been in regard to how bad the surgery was, opposed to when she'd be back. But I do remember that she was working out very soon after the injury, which can only mean good things.

Isi

Sep 4, 2016
It was heavily rumored that Cena was dropping the belt that night, but I was hoping the lucky man was Breeze.

I mean, everyone knew he was dropping it. A huge problem was that they didn't allow Del Ri to talk about it until Cena came back. Like, I'm probably missing a brief line or something, but as I recall it, there was scarcely any acknowledgement of what happened. Certainly there was no "my client Brock Lesnar conquered the sreak". They tried to hide it, and then when Cena finally came back, they started getting into it, and then Cena got hurt straight away

It was both bad lack for Del Rio, and ****ing dumb thinking from WWE.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Wasn't it her back? And if she's already back in the gym, cslling early 2017 seems far.

Right, it was back surgery. She had it in May, and the prog was late 2016/late 2017 the earliest.

Only update on her working out was in August, but no updates on return. Safe to say I guess a few more months.

Harper seems to be imminent.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I mean, everyone knew he was dropping it. A huge problem was that they didn't allow Del Ri to talk about it until Cena came back. Like, I'm probably missing a brief line or something, but as I recall it, there was scarcely any acknowledgement of what happened. Certainly there was no "my client Brock Lesnar conquered the sreak". They tried to hide it, and then when Cena finally came back, they started getting into it, and then Cena got hurt straight away

It was both bad lack for Del Rio, and ****ing dumb thinking from WWE.

Meh. Cena's open challenge was the best thing going at that time. It ending for ADR to have the belt was a disappointment

Isi

Sep 4, 2016
Definitely. As I recall, it was like the first or second match on the PPV too? I doubt Del Rio would have done anything special anyway, but it was an absolute mess.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Definitely. As I recall, it was like the first or second match on the PPV too? I doubt Del Rio would have done anything special anyway, but it was an absolute mess.

It was ruined before then when it was involved with the Seth/Sting thing. It was something that should've resulted in an open challenge loss on Raw...not at a PPV.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Listening to Alvarez/Meltzer yesterday, I know the ADR/Paige thing came up here, but I didn't realize Meltzer thinks Paige is probably done with the company. Ooh, jeez. I heard that correctly, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad