Weekly News Roundup (8/29 - 9/4) -- ADR gone, Goldberg, Rollins/HHH, more Bryan/Miz

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Regarding the ADR thing.. I do remember a lot of news outlets talking about him being promised a main event run. He sure as hell didn't get it. I remember a lot of us complaining that we'd see him back in the title picture.

Del Rio must hate the WWE. :laugh:

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
He was over the night of his return. But then as soon as the ***** started after it he died and never recovered. I don't think there would have been any problems if they just ran with him right then. But they didn't and we got what we got.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Regarding the ADR thing.. I do remember a lot of news outlets talking about him being promised a main event run. He sure as hell didn't get it. I remember a lot of us complaining that we'd see him back in the title picture.

Del Rio must hate the WWE. :laugh:

Wouldn't surprise me if he did. They've done him dirty twice now although this one is probably one he likely expected but still has a good argument for being upset. They let him go because someone else was being a racist. They bring him back promising a main event run that they don't give him and they try to break his relationship up. I don't know about all that bad influence stuff but it doesn't matter. It's not WWE's place to play that game with talents. He didn't deserve a main event run but they shouldn't have lied to him about it either.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
He would not if gotten over in the main event.
I dunno. The main event he would have been in would have been against Reigns, and siding with the non-Reigns guy was the cool thing to do. Even more if they ran with him as a babyface vs a heel Reigns. I think that would have gone down really well.

But Perception is a powerful thing. Right now we're all seeing him as Del Rio, head jobber of the League of Nations, friend of Zeb; instead of El Patrón, Mexican wrestling god.

Coming in beating Cena clean and becoming US Champion. Seth goes down, give Del Rio the title at Survivor Series. Bam we've got a double-champion hot Del Rio at the top of the card instead of a cold as anything Sheamus. Going over both Cena and Reigns in the space of a month will be getting you over. You can even protect Reigns somewhat with a double match injury gimmick and set up a program them, let him turn heel against Del Rio and having hm win the title there (all fantasy booking is better with a heel turn for Reigns^^).

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
IDK. I didn't really care for ADR's return from night one. Siding him with Zeb didn't help, but ADR has always been rather bland for me.

Of course you could of found some way to put the title on him instead of Sheamus at that time to feud with Roman, but it would of still been **** on. No one wanted Roman, but the other options being trotted out during that time were no better.

Turning Roman heel was never ever going to happen, hell it still hasn't happened.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
His return was pretty nice, defeating Cena clean for the title. Of course, I was conflicted because MexAmerican was the dumbest thing ever and the dumb (MexAmerica) outweighed the good (pinning Cena clean in 7 minutes), so we ended up with the horrible run.

I don't even know why the company brought him back if they were going to make empty promises.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
IDK. I didn't really care for ADR's return from night one. Siding him with Zeb didn't help, but ADR has always been rather bland for me.

Of course you could of found some way to put the title on him instead of Sheamus at that time to feud with Roman, but it would of still been **** on. No one wanted Roman, but the other options being trotted out during that time were no better.

Turning Roman heel was never ever going to happen, hell it still hasn't happened.

That's kinda the point. The Zeb crap should never have happened in the first place, and the Reigns Train was full steam ahead. Neither of those things were good for anyone, but as soon as you remove them you've got something good to work with.

And I agree, I've never been a Del Rio fan. But he is Mexican and good at wrestling, he's someone they should have wanted at the top tier of guys.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
ADR's said it before, I believe, or it may have been Ricardo, but if you're one of HHH's boys you're much better taken care of these days. ADR and Ricardo weren't HHH guys.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That's kinda the point. The Zeb crap should never have happened in the first place, and the Reigns Train was full steam ahead. Neither of those things were good for anyone, but as soon as you remove them you've got something good to work with.

And I agree, I've never been a Del Rio fan. But he is Mexican and good at wrestling, he's someone they should have wanted at the top tier of guys.

Well I guess in a perfect world you put the belt on him to be the heel for someone like Dean to chase, or ya a heel Roman.

He gets his main event push, and the company gets their true future stars put over

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I can't think of a single ADR match or a single time ADR made an impression on me in WWE. I loved him in Lucha Underground where he looked incredible. But the guy is the definition of mediocre in WWE.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I was hoping it was Joe. Then my hope was squandered when he was at an autograph signing across the country.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
It was heavily rumored that Cena was dropping the belt that night, but I was hoping the lucky man was Breeze.

Cena could have been rumored to fly to mars to start a colony of people who can't see him I still wouldn't have believed someone would beat him clean without a proper feud much less a heel beating him with a generic super kick (well it was generic at that point before WWE buffed it up)

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Saint Laurent talked with Kevin Sullivan on their podcast about how WWE, and specifically Mark Carrano was harassing both of them to end the relationship, and that they were spilt at the draft 100% to keep them apart due to their relationship.
They also threatened to fire Paige if she didn't break up with him.
Um... :amazed:
There's no way this is true, right? The WWE couldn't risk that much of a reputation damage, and over what, Paige who's a total afterthough now?
If that's true, just wow. I wouldn't work a day after a threat like that in Paige's shoes.

Any way, after watching how cool Alberto was in Lucha Underground, that mexAmerica trash and LON jobbing was incredibly disappointing. It was clear as day that ADR hated being there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad