Pre-Game Talk: Week to Move (ANH, SJ, NYR)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
All Greer has shown me is that more time in the AHL will be best for his development.

Reactions: BrickAHL

member 116861

Bourque's ceiling is a 4th line energy guy with stone hands. I would much rather see what Greer can do in the big leagues because he could actually become something someday. Let's not let a little winning streak make us forget that this is still a development year, and Greer's now spent 1.5 seasons in the AHL. Time to see if he can make an impact in the NHL over the course of the next couple weeks.

That is true but Greer isn't really getting any minutes up here, and I would rather him getting minutes in the A. Plus he hasn't done anything with the minutes he has been given, other than try to beat up Dubnyk and Foligno (which I appreciate a ton!). Bourque is working well with Wilson and Jost right now and that line is creating stuff which I think Bourque deserves some credit for because he is working his ass off.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
That is true but Greer isn't really getting any minutes up here, and I would rather him getting minutes in the A. Plus he hasn't done anything with the minutes he has been given, other than try to beat up Dubnyk and Foligno (which I appreciate a ton!). Bourque is working well with Wilson and Jost right now and that line is creating stuff which I think Bourque deserves some credit for because he is working his ass off.
Wilson is the guy driving offense on that line, IMO. Bourque is a good defensive forward but he contributes very, very little in the offensive zone.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
This is surprising to read because he looked a lot faster last season. He looks real slow this season. Must have taken advice from the same person that told Nathan MacKinnon he needed to bulk up after his rookie season.
tbf I'm basing this on absolutely nothing despite him being really fast entering the zone last night. I don't actually know anything about hockey.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

*shrug* against dallas that Greer - Kerfoot - Terri line was huge for us and AJ helped spring some chances against the ducks. He's flashed and had a positive impact on the ice, so I'd like to see that keep going. It's time. In a developmental season like this one the right choice is the kid who's ready for that step up to let himself get settled in at the NHL and show what he can do, even if some career 4th liner/AHLer has had a few good games.

This is surprising to read because he looked a lot faster last season. He looks real slow this season. Must have taken advice from the same person that told Nathan MacKinnon he needed to bulk up after his rookie season.

He looked slow against Dallas, but was fine against the Ducks.

Reactions: Avalanche

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Recalling Tornado probably means that Jost's on more than just a maintenance day. Or could just be a game time decision maybe.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Wilson is the guy driving offense on that line, IMO. Bourque is a good defensive forward but he contributes very, very little in the offensive zone.

Not directly creating in the offensive zone but his tenacious forecheck is leading to turnovers, which is creating offensive chances.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Compher replacing Jost as healthy gives the Avs 12 healthy forwards, which is what they’ve been rolling with. Makes me wonder if Toni is replacing someone like Yak.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Compher replacing Jost as healthy gives the Avs 12 healthy forwards, which is what they’ve been rolling with. Makes me wonder if Toni is replacing someone like Yak.

I like it. More sandpaper with Toni’s game. Wilson-Toninato-Bourque is a nice 4th line, very responsible unit.

I would swap Wilson and Greer, though.

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Wilson - Kerfoot - Compher
Nieto - Soderberg - Comeau
Greer - Toninato - Bourque

Let’s go!

Reactions: KingSizeKirby

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I thought it was from the shot Jost took off the foot/ankle. He limped to the bench right afterwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $275.00