Pre-Game Talk: Week to Buy Some Hope (SJ, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Roy once again went out of his way to give props to the Grigorenko-Duchene-Iginla line. That's good to hear.

Something I found surprising, Grigorenko has 6 more points than Girgensons this season. What happened there? Did O'Reilly/Eichel take his linemates and role?

His role and his mojo. Girgs hasn't been as strong as last year, and he's getting less of the top opportunities.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Watch the Avs lose the next two, Minny wins their next 4 and Nashville wins their next 3. Then Matthias gets flipped on Monday. All of this because they let him wear #18.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Watch the Avs lose the next two, Minny wins their next 4 and Nashville wins their next 3. Then Matthias gets flipped on Monday. All of this because they let him wear #18.

dont_you_say_that_billy_madison.gif

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Wait.. does the 18 thing extend beyond Winchester?

Deader, Drury, Willsie, Yelle and Yip are the others I remember.

Ok RL....did you have to look that up or was that from memory? Can't believe I forgot Tangs but Connolly....you've got a memory. I remember him being in the system but not actually ever playing a game.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Deader, Drury, Willsie, Yelle and Yip are the others I remember.

Ok RL....did you have to look that up or was that from memory? Can't believe I forgot Tangs but Connolly....you've got a memory. I remember him being in the system but not actually ever playing a game.

From memory with the ONE exception of Mike Connolly, I did have to look it up because I was VERY iffy on him (so iffy that I was telling myself "Nah, he didn't wear #18")...

I almost didn't want to put him because I thought "who would ever find out!?" But he did wear it, for 2 games. Not very memorable.

Avalanche2133

May 16, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
Hat trick for Forsberg in the 2nd period. Can't believe Preds got him for Erat who had 6 points in 30 games after the trade I think it was. Would have been awesome to have another Forsberg on this team. Funny how close it came as Washington took him with the 1st round pick we traded to get Varly.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Hat trick for Forsberg in the 2nd period. Can't believe Preds got him for Erat who had 6 points in 30 games after the trade I think it was. Would have been awesome to have another Forsberg on this team. Funny how close it came as Washington took him with the 1st round pick we traded to get Varly.

Well, I can virtually assure you that Pracey would have taken either Laughton, Gaunce or maybe even Heard at 11

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Adam Deadmarsh
Alex Tanguay
Brandon Yip
Jesse Winchester
Mike Connolly
Chris Drury
Brian Willsie
Stephane Yelle
Shawn Matthias (now)

Tanguay, Drury, and Yip all started with different numbers too, and then changed to 18 and were traded/waived afterwards.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Anything decent said on the radio show?
High praise for Grigorenko, and then went on to reiterate again how you have to build your D through the draft, because teams don't trade those guys. This time, he actually mentioned Siemens name when talking about them. Said he really liked how Bigras has played so far.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
High praise for Grigorenko, and then went on to reiterate again how you have to build your D through the draft, because teams don't trade those guys. This time, he actually mentioned Siemens name when talking about them. Said he really liked how Bigras has played so far.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Chambers says Pickard may start tonight with Varly missing practice(Pickard and Roy were the goalies). Anybody hear more on that?

I guess Cody was fine after all. Wagner the healthy scratch tonight?

I assume:

Grigorenko - Duchene - Iginla
Landeskog - MacKinnon - Tanguay
Matthias - Soderberg - Comeau
McLeod - Mitchell - Skille

Beauchemin - Johnson
Holden - Barrie
Bigras - Bodnarchuk

Pickard

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Chambers says Pickard may start tonight with Varly missing practice(Pickard and Roy were the goalies). Anybody hear more on that?

I guess Cody was fine after all. Wagner the healthy scratch tonight?

I assume:

Grigorenko - Duchene - Iginla
Landeskog - MacKinnon - Tanguay
Matthias - Soderberg - Comeau
McLeod - Mitchell - Skille

Beauchemin - Johnson
Holden - Barrie
Bigras - Bodnarchuk

Pickard

Pretty sure I saw that yesterday. Flue is back. Damn it guys, stop macking on eachother in the locker room.:sarcasm:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Roy said yesterday the last spot was between Martinsen and Skille, so with Matthias showing up and Martinsen getting sent down, it might be Skille that is sitting, but we'll see on that. Pickard is confirmed to start.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Guess it depends on if he is assigned to San Antonio or not.

We play tonight and don't have an extra forward. He wouldn't clear until 12 PM tomorrow anyways. No point of sending him to San Antonio. Keep him as the spare forward, if he gets claimed tomorrow morning then he's off, if he doesn't then we can send him down, if we want, with time before our next game Saturday.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Nobody asked Roy about Wagner being waived, but he said that Martinsen's demotion isn't temporary "for now", they want him to play and then they'll have other decisions to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad