Pre-Game Talk: Week to Buy Some Hope (SJ, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Boys are back at practice in the morning. We'll find out if our newest Av has arrived and who, if anyone, got sent down. I'm sure we'll hear copious amounts of talk about the alumni game and perhaps the media will remember the trade deadline is coming. And something else happening this week. Will also spend most nights scoreboard watching with great anxiety and refreshing Twitter on the next blockbuster trade for depth pieces. Settle in, it's going to be a long week.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Should be an interesting week, lot of scoreboard watching but at least my only day off is Saturday so I can watch the SS game (too bad my SS jersey won't be here yet :( )

BTW, do we know if there will be any legit way to watch the Alumni game on Friday for those of us not living in CO?

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Completely forgot this week had the outdoor game, and agreed to go watch the Manitoba Moose that night instead...

I've felt pretty positive about this team for the last month or two, but with the Wild's recent surge, and the Preds winning every night, I don't feel very optimistic. Hopefully this week goes well, but I can't say like I feel it will.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I imagine nothing else happens until the deadline trade wise. Hoping for two wins and a bunch of losses for Nashville/Minny. This week could make a huge difference in the standings. Minny has 4 games between now and the deadline. Nashville has 3 and we have two. There's actually a worst case scenario of us being 6 points out of a playoff spot with Minnesota having a game in hand on us. Best case scenario is being 6 points ahead of Minny.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Varlamov not at practice so Roy is in his place.
Mackinnon not at practice so Sakic is in his place

What do we have to do to get Foppa out there?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If this team wins the SS game, they'll make the playoffs

If they lose, they'll crash and burn towards a 9th/10th/11th place finish.

That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it **** it

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland

Are they going to follow that up with a lottery win? 1st, 2nd, or 3rd pick?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

I could see losing that game with all of the alumni and everything around it killing their confidence.

Not really an unrealistic bandwagon to jump on lol.

N Switzerland

Feb 14, 2016
I've been pretty prepared for the Avs to miss out on the PO's all season but it's easy to say that the greatest thing about watching this team at the moment is Chris Bigras...He basically always makes the correct defensive play (a la beauch) and there were times in the Vancouver game where he was just completely dictating the play in the offensive zone. Just a joy to watch on a team that's full of high skill players that seem to lack the IQ. I'm excited to see where he's at @ game 100 and the likes.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I would much rather hope for Minnesota and Nashville to lose.

Avs play Nashville 3 more times, Minnesota 2 more times (those two do not play each other again, however). Those 5 games might matter a bit...

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Those games vs Minny and Nashville is really where it is. Those are MUST wins. Next week, March 1 vs Minny is all we are going to need to know about this team.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I've been pretty prepared for the Avs to miss out on the PO's all season but it's easy to say that the greatest thing about watching this team at the moment is Chris Bigras...He basically always makes the correct defensive play (a la beauch) and there were times in the Vancouver game where he was just completely dictating the play in the offensive zone. Just a joy to watch on a team that's full of high skill players that seem to lack the IQ. I'm excited to see where he's at @ game 100 and the likes.

For sure, it's been a treat and one that doesn't get enough attention. I can't wait until he's on the PP, he's so underrated in offensive situations and that game in Vancouver was just a glimpse of what he can do.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
Seems like we will be rolling three pretty decent lines again for the first time in a while. If only Tangs could get going a little bit.

I may be in the minority on this but I think Tangs has had more jump recently and been more engaged, just has not contributed that little extra bit to be effective. I think he looked immediately better when playing with MacK and not just because he has a better linemate. He actually looks like he is trying harder. Hopefully he has another gear for the rest of the way here.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I may be in the minority on this but I think Tangs has had more jump recently and been more engaged, just has not contributed that little extra bit to be effective. I think he looked immediately better when playing with MacK and not just because he has a better linemate. He actually looks like he is trying harder. Hopefully he has another gear for the rest of the way here.

I agree he's been better. Though unlike with Iggy, playing better hasn't been enough to make him useful. Would be nice if he could find last season's form for the stretch run if Patrick isn't going to start scratching him after the TDL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad