Pre-Game Talk: Week of "We need our wingers back" - VGK & ARI

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I would be very surprised if he doesn't, doubt the Avs try to bury him in the AHL just because of the expansion draft. Makar is good enough to be a top 4 D in the NHL right now and needs to play.

I think Joe will offer him an ELC and burn a year. Look around the league, Makar is a way better prospect some of some of these kids who are getting that very same deal. Not the greatest way to start a relationship with your hopeful top defenseman by asking him to unjustfully miss out on what others are getting because 'omg we're going to lose a decent play in 2+ years'. Doesn't really send a good message IMO. Plus Sakic has shown he's not afraid to make the practical move over the smart move if it makes sense for the player.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
What number do you guys think Makar will wear? :D

upload_2019-3-29_7-58-6.png

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
The Avs should put up a good fight in the playoffs, if they make it. The team is on a roll and we are adding Landeskog, Rantanen and Makar.
Being on a roll to sneak into the playoffs is not always a good thing though. Very often the team has spent so much energy physically and emotionally to get there in the last few weeks that they have nothing left in the tank. Fortunately for the Avs they will be adding two of their top three skaters and those guys will be completely rested assuming they are 100% healthy. Also this is assuming the Avs get into the playoffs.

Makar, if added to the team, will have to impress Bednar quite a bit for him to play him over his experience dmen in the playoffs. I don't expect him to play much. Maybe Makar and Bednar will both surprise me. That's why I'm not very happy with signing him this year. It's potentially really a waste of a very good asset in two years. However I do understand the business side of those things and the Avs might not have any choice in the matter.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Dater was on NHL radio earlier. It was ear bleeding. Like I mean it’s really tough to listen to. But he did confirm that Landy is 100% playing tonight even though the team hasn’t confirmed it.

Reactions: Foppberg and Avs

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Dater was on NHL radio earlier. It was ear bleeding. Like I mean it’s really tough to listen to. But he did confirm that Landy is 100% playing tonight even though the team hasn’t confirmed it.

Don't you just love that this guy is pretty much our national rep right now. So much pride!

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Don't you just love that this guy is pretty much our national rep right now. So much pride!

There’s maybe 2 or 3 times throughout the season where I think “man, I wish I wasn’t blocked by him on twitter.”

Then the other 363 days of the year I think it’s probaby for the best.

Reactions: Avs91 and BrickNHL

Avs44

May 16, 2011
They gotta lock this one down tonight. You know Arizona is going to come out really pumped for this one....this is huge for their team and franchise. They haven't made the playoffs in 6 years.

Reactions: Avs

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
This is a rare game where even with our injuries and our struggles with depth... We're still the better and deeper team on paper.

With this game having so much meaning, to me there's really no excuse to not win tonight. We are the better team on paper, we're at home, and we have been the hotter team of late.

Boys just need to come out and give it everything they've got and take this one home and essentially give us that last playoff spot.

This will actually be the first game all season I'll be buying a case of beer, sitting back on the couch and truly enjoying every minute of, and I cant wait.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad