Pre-Game Talk: Week of "We need our wingers back" - VGK & ARI

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Aren't we out of callups? If not let's call up Greer and send him down again just for ****s and giggles.

Yea, if I’m Greer I’d be mighty pissed off. Dude played well last time and the team was winning but Bednar still messed with a winning lineup, something he generally won’t do

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Aren't we out of callups? If not let's call up Greer and send him down again just for ****s and giggles.

I assume Greer was called up as an "emergency call up in case of injury" rather than a regular call up. That would be why he gets sent down immediately. If he were a regular call up it would take up one of our 4, but we can do as many emergency call up as we want.

That might also explain why he didn't get in the game - unless there was an injury pre-game, it might have turned him from an emergency call up to a regular one. Someone who knows more about the CBA might be able to answer that though.

Over the Pants Landy

Feb 19, 2013
CT
Random, but I’ll be in Denver for the final two home games next week.

Live in CT so only second time coming out. Any suggestions for things to do around the city would be MUCH appreicated!

My wife and I did the whole red rocks thing last time, some tours, etc. Would love any feedback on other cool spots to hit.

Oh and yeah let’s win both of these this week.

Reactions: arun

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Random, but I’ll be in Denver for the final two home games next week.

Live in CT so only second time coming out. Any suggestions for things to do around the city would be MUCH appreicated!

My wife and I did the whole red rocks thing last time, some tours, etc. Would love any feedback on other cool spots to hit.

Oh and yeah let’s win both of these this week.
I think the Avs will be in town. You might want to catch a hockey game. :)

Other than that...the Denver Chophouse and Fogo du Choux are always on my list of places to eat whenever I found myself in Denver for a few days. Both are in the lo-do area.

Will you be renting a car? Do you mind driving? They wife and I enjoyed an afternoon at the Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame in Colorado Springs last time I was down that way. Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:

Over the Pants Landy

Feb 19, 2013
CT
I think the Avs will be in town. You might want to catch a hockey game. :)

Other than that...the Denver Chophouse and Fogo du choux are always on my list of places to eat whenever I found myself in Denver for a few days. Both are in the lo-do area.

Will you be renting a car? Do you mind driving? They wife and I enjoyed an afternoon at the Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame in Colorado Springs last time I was down that way. Your mileage may vary.

Oh yeah she got me tix to both games as a gift. I’m taking a note on those two places. Can always get behind a good restaurant and we’ll need to hit up a few. Thanks!

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Those two restaurants are not exactly what I would call vegan friendly though. *LOL* Chophouse has a great pepper encrusted steak and Fogo is a Brazillian steakhouse...one price all you can eat. Holy hell, the salad bar was to die for though (we don't have a lot of good salad bars in Alaska) but don't fill up on it....cause the real star is the meat cooked on open flames and servered via skewers as the waiters walk by. I'm sure some locals will jump in shortly though and give suggestions. We used to have a sticky thread for this type of stuff but...

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I'll be at the game on Friday with a coworker who is a Yotes fan - they better win that game. Beating the Knights would be good, too :thumbu:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If everything continues to go our way we could essentially be clinched playoffs by Friday.

Beat the Knights at home, Chicago beats Arizona tonight, we beat Arizona on Thursday, and Vegas beats Minnesota Thursday night.

If that's how it plays out, we're 6 points up on both Minnesota and Arizona with 4 games left essentially forcing both teams to go 4-0-0 to simply have a chance.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Would love for Chicago to do us a solid tonight.

As long as it isn't a 3 point game, I'll be happy there. If Chicago wins in regulation they will only be 3 down in the same games played as the Avs. Arizona would be 2 down with 1 less game. If Arizona wins they tie the Avs with 1 less game played (making Friday even bigger), but Chicago would pretty much be out.

I'd probably slightly lean towards Arizona winning since the Avs control their own destiny against them on Friday. Arizona wins in regulation, Chicago is realistically out. Avs beat Arizona on Friday, Arizona is realistically out. Though that gives less margin of error for Friday.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
If everything continues to go our way we could essentially be clinched playoffs by Friday.

Beat the Knights at home, Chicago beats Arizona tonight, we beat Arizona on Thursday, and Vegas beats Minnesota Thursday night.

If that's how it plays out, we're 6 points up on both Minnesota and Arizona with 4 games left essentially forcing both teams to go 4-0-0 to simply have a chance.

And they play each other on Sunday.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Chicago's schedule down the stretch looks worse than the Wild's. Them picking up two points tonight shouldn't cause too much concern.

All these teams play clear playoff teams on the final day of the season. I really hope it doesn't come down to that because there's always the wildcard of team resting key players.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
As long as it isn't a 3 point game, I'll be happy there. If Chicago wins in regulation they will only be 3 down in the same games played as the Avs. Arizona would be 2 down with 1 less game. If Arizona wins they tie the Avs with 1 less game played (making Friday even bigger), but Chicago would pretty much be out.

I'd probably slightly lean towards Arizona winning since the Avs control their own destiny against them on Friday. Arizona wins in regulation, Chicago is realistically out. Avs beat Arizona on Friday, Arizona is realistically out. Though that gives less margin of error for Friday.
Don't care how many points Chicago picks up, any Arizona loss would be fine with me. If it means Chicago getting 2 and Arizona getting 1 so be it.

Reactions: Avs

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The more I think about it the more I think 87/88 is probably the golden number. 87 means Arizona has to go 4-2-0, but they also lose the first tiebreaker against everyone so realistically they need 88 to get in and a 5-1-1 record. They still play us, Chicago, and Minnesota down the stretch.

Minnesota now needs to go 4-1-0 to hit 87. They actually own the tiebreaker over everyone though so they an get in at 87. Chicago needs to go 5-1-1 to hit 87. But again they likely only own the tiebreaker against Arizona so they actually need to go 6-1 to hit 88.

Avs just need 3-3-0 to hit 87. .500 hockey with one of our wins coming against Arizona and we should get us in or will at least force the other teams to essentially make no mistakes down the stretch which I'm not convinced any of them are good enough to do.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

and Chicago?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad