Pre-Game Talk: Week of "We need our wingers back" - VGK & ARI

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
This is a rare game where even with our injuries and our struggles with depth... We're still the better and deeper team on paper.

With this game having so much meaning, to me there's really no excuse to not win tonight. We are the better team on paper, we're at home, and we have been the hotter team of late.

Boys just need to come out and give it everything they've got and take this one home and essentially give us that last playoff spot.

This will actually be the first game all season I'll be buying a case of beer, sitting back on the couch and truly enjoying every minute of, and I cant wait.

Arizona has scored 5 goals in their last 5 games, and lost 4/5. They get to play against Gruabuer and playoff Mack.

I like our chances.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
I think Joe will offer him an ELC and burn a year. Look around the league, Makar is a way better prospect some of some of these kids who are getting that very same deal. Not the greatest way to start a relationship with your hopeful top defenseman by asking him to unjustfully miss out on what others are getting because 'omg we're going to lose a decent play in 2+ years'. Doesn't really send a good message IMO. Plus Sakic has shown he's not afraid to make the practical move over the smart move if it makes sense for the player.

Most of those rookies aren't coming into a playoff push though...

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Anyone watch Bednar’s presser? Chambers has a complete brain freeze and forgets Bowers’ name and then asks how it feels to sign a player who didn’t have a very good offensive season in college. Not to be outdone, Dater then asks him if he’s going to watch the BU game this afternoon.

giphy.gif

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Anyone watch Bednar’s presser? Chambers has a complete brain freeze and forgets Bowers’ name and then asks how it feels to sign a player who didn’t have a very good offensive season in college. Not to be outdone, Dater then asks him if he’s going to watch the BU game this afternoon.

giphy.gif

Haha of course. He didn’t play for the Pioneers so Chambers had no idea he even existed until today.

This teams media representation is so f***ing embarrassing.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

giphy.gif
Complete joke.. and Dater is supposedly our best beat writer...

f*** that.

Reactions: Avs

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

giphy.gif
Someone asked prior to the Vegas game why Bednar decided to go with Grubauer for that game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad