Pre-Game Talk: Week of the Christmas Miracle (TOR, ARZ, @SJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm getting this up now because apparently they do not have a day off today. Doubtful there will be any news but you never know. I'm also including in this week the 5 minute trip to San Jose next Monday b2b after the Sunday game vs. Arizona, then they'll have a couple days off after that.

We're officially in a winning streak, let's see how long they can keep it rolling.

Also, we need GDT volunteers for January. Anyone not named UncleRisto please consider giving it a try, GDTs don't make themselves. Thanks!

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Going to make sure I bring the ol' Santa hat for the Leafs game on Monday. Been a crazy 5 days for me, went to Star Wars Thursday night, holiday party Friday night, Oilers game last night, now I've been paged in for a transplant happening today, and then I'll be going to the Avs game tomorrow night against Toronto! Thank goodness my vacation starts Wednesday!

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Also, anyone starting to think we won't see a single Avs shootout this season?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Going to make sure I bring the ol' Santa hat for the Leafs game on Monday. Been a crazy 5 days for me, went to Star Wars Thursday night, holiday party Friday night, Oilers game last night, now I've been paged in for a transplant happening today, and then I'll be going to the Avs game tomorrow night against Toronto! Thank goodness my vacation starts Wednesday!

A transplant! Anything medical gives me the heebie geebies.

As far as a shootout, would be crazy not to have one but it does seem like its going to be a while.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
A transplant! Anything medical gives me the heebie geebies.

As far as a shootout, would be crazy not to have one but it does seem like its going to be a while.

Haha, to make them worse what I actually do is go to the OR and receive the explanted heart from the person getting a transplant (well their old heart, I actually get the heart from the surgeon haha) then I get to chop it into a bunch of bits that I freeze before taking it back the lab to carve it up a bit more and run an experiment on it.

It's a pediatric heart today which is nice since things are a little nicer over at the Children's Hospital and they communicate a lot better with me.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Another 3-0 week coming up. Only one I'm not positive on is the Coyotes. We will revenge beat down the Leafs and the Sharks won't be an issue. Anyways, calling another 3-0 week.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Another 3-0 week coming up. Only one I'm not positive on is the Coyotes. We will revenge beat down the Leafs and the Sharks won't be an issue. Anyways, calling another 3-0 week.

Domingue will likely be in net against us and he's truly brutal. And if not, we get an even worse Anders Lindback.

I say 2-1 with our loss coming in SJ

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I will only be confident in my 3-0 prediction when my boy henchy says the same thing. Eagerly awaiting.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Domingue will likely be in net against us and he's truly brutal. And if not, we get an even worse Anders Lindback.

I say 2-1 with our loss coming in SJ

That's my guess as well. That weird little trip to SJ will take them out of their groove.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Kind of feel like we could go 3-0 as well honestly.

TOR and ARI are definitely beatable teams esepcially with how we're playing right now.

SJS is a bit tougher but I'm gonna say the Mack line goes off against them and we win 5-3 or something.

4-1 against TOR, 2-0 against ARI, and 5-3 against SJS. First time in god only knows how long that Varly lets in more then 2 goals.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Lose these 3 and we're right back to where we were a few weeks ago. Gotta come out with atleast 3 points.

I wonder if we're still gonna roll the 9 line. A lot has to do with the finish but the lines starting to get a bit cold.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Lose these 3 and we're right back to where we were a few weeks ago. Gotta come out with atleast 3 points.

I wonder if we're still gonna roll the 9 line. A lot has to do with the finish but the lines starting to get a bit cold.

I thought it was time to mix things up before their great game against the hawks, with the on going winning streak I don't think we see a shake up. Though I'd love to see Duchene playing with Soderberg, and Landy-MacK throwing their weight around on a physical scoring line with Comeau or even Biffkaka as their third wheel.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I thought it was time to mix things up before their great game against the hawks, with the on going winning streak I don't think we see a shake up. Though I'd love to see Duchene playing with Soderberg, and Landy-MacK throwing their weight around on a physical scoring line with Comeau or even Biffkaka as their third wheel.

I'm looking forward to Rantanen. I think he could produce for us already. He wasn't the worst player when he was playing for us earlier. He can help us already and now that we are close to playoff race I think he deserves call up right after WJC!

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm looking forward to Rantanen. I think he could produce for us already. He wasn't the worst player when he was playing for us earlier. He can help us already and now that we are close to playoff race I think he deserves call up right after WJC!

Rantanen will be a big difference maker for us at some point. Hopefully he is just unreal at the WJC so that they decide that the time is right to call him up ASAP; as I'd love to see him and Soderberg thrive together whenever he's back; but I won't be upset if the SA pull out of their tail dive and he's sent back down to see if he can't dominate that league even more thoroughly/consistnyl. Still hard to stop picturing what Rintintin & Soda could do on a line together now that they've both settled in a lot more. Two extremely smart and skilled players, with great size/length/frames and good skating; excellent defensive intelligence & patience with the puck; and a strong understanding of how to use their bodies to control the-puck/puck-battles; makes it easy to imagine them really clicking if put together again.

Stick on-fire-Duchene with them as the other guy on that line, and they would be extremely hard for other teams to play against; especially with 92-29 on the other top line alongside Comeau, or maybe (in time) Greg. With Malkin doing the work for the Old Guys to give us a third line that can contribute; ideally with Greg replacing Tangs on its' left side as the season wears on; this team could really keep things rolling into the stretch-run.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Roy is doing his radio show today.

Very happy with Grigorenko, working hard and very receptive. For not playing a lot of minutes, he's producing well. They've been working with him on puck protection. Needs to be more confident around the net.

Spoke a lot about Beauchemin and the 3 years being perfect in allowing their young players to develop.

Guenin was good yesterday, if it continues, should be good to play after the break. I missed the Berra part, I think.

Nice, they asked about Zadorov, which I sent in. He's doing really well, working hard in San Antonio with the coaches. It's been good for him to be there. They sent him down because of ice time, and he's a player that needs to develop and play 20 minutes a night. The consistency is the thing they want to see in his game. He was a bit up and down this year with the Avs, and that goes with maturity and it will be a good experience for him to learn in the AHL.

They've been winning games because of the depth. Top line hasn't been producing like they should. Mitchell in the lineup seems to change things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad