Pre-Game Talk: Week of the Christmas Miracle (TOR, ARZ, @SJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
we have depth and we've been winning games because of that?

i think varlamov has been bigger reason.

Absolutely, Varlamov has helped no doubt but its been the depth lines that have provided the majority of the offense for us the during this good stretch we've had.

The Top line is struggling to score right now. They aren't necessarily struggling in general, as they are still getting lots of good offensive shifts, but they're missing chances and haven't been burying the biscuit much lately.

Its been the 2/3/4 lines that have been scoring the goals. I think Roy is absolutely right when he said that Mitchell changes the dynamic of this team. He's actually good enough offensively that he can play on an offensive minded line, which is what he's doing now with Iggy and Tanguay. And having him in the lineup allows us to run a 2nd and 3rd line that are both capable of scoring some goals for us.

Varlamov has certainly helped, but every top team in the league has a goalie that night in and night out can play at the level Varly has been playing at for us(Holtby, Rinne, Price, Quick). Varly has given us good goaltending that has given the rest of the players more confidence on the ice to go out and play the game they are meant to play. And its paying off in spades right now.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Who was that interviewing on the radio? Is he going to be the new guy or was he just filling in? Not sure I want him long term but he did give the interview a new feel. The regular guys will never ask about anyone not on the roster, I tried sending in a Rantanen question at least 3x.

Roy said Berra is going to be out give or take 2 weeks. Which I suppose it could have been a lot worse.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Guess we get to see Picks again then. Bummer about Berra, I was really happy with his play as a backup this year.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Who was that interviewing on the radio? Is he going to be the new guy or was he just filling in? Not sure I want him long term but he did give the interview a new feel. The regular guys will never ask about anyone not on the roster, I tried sending in a Rantanen question at least 3x.

Roy said Berra is going to be out give or take 2 weeks. Which I suppose it could have been a lot worse.
It was the late night guy filling in. I'm assuming everyone else is on vacation.

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
In my eyes out top six should consist of:

Duchene
MacKinnon
Landeskog
Soderberg
Grigorenko
Comeau

And the roles each of them bring should be split so both lines have a balance of speed, skill, physical play, defensive play. Therefore I propose lines splitting Duch/Mack, Soda/Greg, Comeau/Landeskog

Landekog-Soderberg-Duchene
Grigorenko-MacKinnon-Comeau

Mack/Duchene being the ones who switch if it doesn't work.

Last edited:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
In my eyes out top six should consist of:

Duchene
MacKinnon
Landeskog
Soderberg
Grigorenko
Landeskog

And the roles each of them bring should be split so both lines have a balance of speed, skill, physical play, defensive play. Therefore I propose lines splitting Duch/Mack, Soda/Greg, Comeau/Landeskog

Landekog-Soderberg-Duchene
Grigorenko-MacKinnon-Comeau

Mack/Duchene being the ones who switch if it doesn't work.

I'd love that too...

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Thanks, guess those polls on the main boards went to my head :laugh:

I'd kill to see Landeskog with Soderberg at this point either way. That line would be the most experienced offensively and defensively.

Something is going to have to happen if the 9 line does not start scoring when they come back from the break though.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
So... Chambers

I guess it's clear Roy has too much of a crush on the Marty - Soderberg - Comeau line to break them up.

That makes all of our line wishes go up in smoke.

Lets hope Iginla & Tanguay can get MacKinnon playing more selfish lol, we know for damn sure the other two won't be doing much. Either that or they'll turn the puck over so much MacK won't ever have it to do anything with.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Bummer that Roy won't break up that second line. Demoting MacK to Tangs/Iggy seems like an odd choice. Those two need third line minutes, and nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad