Pre-Game Talk: Week of the 12th Anniversary of the Valentine’s Day Massacre (TB, @Min, @STL, EDM)

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
Let's go Annunen!!

I want our boy to succeed. Yes, very much biased Finnish gibberish. But also, a drafted goalie being good would be a nice change, no?

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Let's go Annunen!!

I want our boy to succeed. Yes, very much biased Finnish gibberish. But also, a drafted goalie being good would be a nice change, no?
I want Annunen to succeed so I can see those pads more often. Just look how beautiful these puppies are.
GettyImages-1357131744.jpg

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I truly believe in the Curse of the Awesome Goalie Equipment. Some of the best-looking helmets, pads, etc. belong to goalies who were either never that good to begin with, or fall out of the league in due time. Dobby gets the neon pad set to go with the Stars' Tron jerseys and sure enough, he's gone and f***ing Oettinger just wears his Fruit-of-the-Loom tighty-whitey pads with those uniforms and it looks awful.

Best goalie pads set the Avs have ever had? Spencer Martin. I rest my case.

Justus of the Crease? Meh, he's doomed.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I truly believe in the Curse of the Awesome Goalie Equipment. Some of the best-looking helmets, pads, etc. belong to goalies who were either never that good to begin with, or fall out of the league in due time. Dobby gets the neon pad set to go with the Stars' Tron jerseys and sure enough, he's gone and f***ing Oettinger just wears his Fruit-of-the-Loom tighty-whitey pads with those uniforms and it looks awful.

Trevor Kidd used to have great kits all the time. Shit goalie but looked cool in there.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

How do you explain this?

1676672767626.png

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
How do you explain this?

View attachment 651961
Roy was amazing. His equipment? Meh. The plain white helmet he wore those first few games as an Av stood out way more. Everything else was a couple angry-looking mountains and that's it.

Jean-Sebastien Giguere had IMO the best Avs helmet I've ever seen, a nice clean retro number (that was NOT done by DaveArt) and it ain't like he had a very smooth run in Colorado.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Roy was amazing. His equipment? Meh. The plain white helmet he wore those first few games as an Av stood out way more. Everything else was a couple angry-looking mountains and that's it.

Jean-Sebastien Giguere had IMO the best Avs helmet I've ever seen, a nice clean retro number (that was NOT done by DaveArt) and it ain't like he had a very smooth run in Colorado.
Jiggy was good when he played. His mask was too clean. Roy had the quintessential Avalanche goalie mask and the black Kohos with the blue trim are what all goalie pads should look like.

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com

Some goalie we faced recently (DeSmith?) had some really derpy drawings of people in it. Not the Dwight Schrute one - that was sorta cosmic.

Justus f***ing Crease!

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Those Roy Kohl’s (I believe they’re 590’s) and the OG RBK’s are my favorite pads of all time. When I was young we had a Q team here that had black and red uniforms and both goaltenders wore those OG RBK’s which were all black with just some slight red trim and I thought those were the sexiest pads ever. Pogge wore the same ones for Canada in the WJC’s that one year but his were white and red.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Nobody needs to bring up herpes in a normal conversation, but you just did...

The real answer here blud is Jose Theodore, he was hot as a person, hot as a fashion designer, and hot as a goaler.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Back to serious topic:

Is the NHL moving away from single use plastic water bottles?

This is Mack today:

R3AFoIB.png

In Montreal this is the water they use now:

ta6MAmd.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad