Pre-Game Talk: Week of the 12th Anniversary of the Valentine’s Day Massacre (TB, @Min, @STL, EDM)

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Back to backs on national broadcast never start on time. We're most likely looking at a 7:45-7:55 start time.

There are people that have it worse than me, but having games at 1030 regularly is the worst part of being a fan of a Western team and living in the East.

I planned on trying to get into Seattle. I don't know if that will ever happen lol.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I try to like Brooks but I cant for some reason.
He’s incredibly unlikable… that’s why. Nothing worse than being one of the most arrogant guys in a sport, great at it, yet hate everything about the sport. I do miss his spats with the meathead.

But I think my favorite moment of the first two episodes was the kid asking for a picture with his wife. Ded.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
He’s incredibly unlikable… that’s why. Nothing worse than being one of the most arrogant guys in a sport, great at it, yet hate everything about the sport. I do miss his spats with the meathead.

But I think my favorite moment of the first two episodes was the kid asking for a picture with his wife. Ded.
I was a Brooks guy during that beef and now im more a Bryson bro after seeing him do those vids with the Good Good guys haha.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
He isn't wrong. Guys like MacDermid, Englund, EJ (next season's version of EJ), Galchenyuk will be hard pressed to find consistent NHL jobs. Then you throw in guys like Hunt, Malgin, and Meyers who might be able to but more likely are in the AHL.

Obviously the regulars will stay in the NHL.
Not so sure about Galchenyuk. There was an article not too long ago about how he is rebuilding his game to be more reliable 2-way player. Cronin has been very please with the results so far so who knows? If he keeps improving his D game Bednar might be convinced by Sakic/CMac to give him another chance next season when our cap will be very tight. My expectations are still very low about him but I would be ok to try him again if this is the case.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
39735445-36C5-46CE-BBA2-415CA3B97FE1.gif

Watching the Avs this year…

• Haha
Reactions: Azrael89

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Not so sure about Galchenyuk. There was an article not too long ago about how he is rebuilding his game to be more reliable 2-way player. Cronin has been very please with the results so far so who knows? If he keeps improving his D game Bednar might be convinced by Sakic/CMac to give him another chance next season when our cap will be very tight. My expectations are still very low about him but I would be ok to try him again if this is the case.

I was kinda hoping he'd be a poor man's Bura lol. I bet his conditioning is no where near where it needs to be. I even think solid NHL players have an adjustment period here trying to fit in.

Gally seems like a dude that is willing to do what it takes if he has it. So for that reason I'm rooting for him.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Galchenyuk can't skate at the level needed in the NHL anymore. He is cooked. He seems like he is willing to put in effort with coaching at the AHL level but he just can't keep up anymore.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Galchenyuk's defence wasn't the problem, it was literally everything about him as a player. He's done.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Galchenyuk's defence wasn't the problem, it was literally everything about him as a player. He's done.

There was talent, and if he's matured he's still young enough. Classic high draft pick that thought it would be easy. May never be what he was supposed to be, but if he's motivated enough I wouldn't write him off.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
There was talent, and if he's matured he's still young enough. Classic high draft pick that thought it would be easy. May never be what he was supposed to be, but if he's motivated enough I wouldn't write him off.
He'll be going into his age 30 season next year. I don't know if that's considered still young enough.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I mean he isn't young really. He's 29. Kinda is what he is at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad