Pre-Game Talk: Week of Nobody Good (vs ANA, vs AZ, vs STL x2)

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I really hope Timmins comes back with some confidence. I think having a vet like Nemeth may help him quite a bit, hopefully Nemo is ready to go sooner rather than later.
If Timmins can return and play like he's actually capable of playing, with confidence, we're going to be absolutely laughing with our depth on D, especially if EJ comes back too.

Toews -- Makar
Girard -- Johnson
Byram -- Graves
Nemeth - Timmins
MacDon

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
I am so effin confused, which division is the West's conference match up for the playoffs? NHL network keeps claiming it's the Central, but yesterday somebody said on another programme that Avs vs the Leafs in the Conference Finals would be amazing.
It gets re-seeded based on the regular season standings.

So right now, if all division leaders progress to the final 4 the matchups would be Colorado (1st) vs Washington (6th), and Toronto (2nd) vs Tampa (3rd).

upload_2021-4-13_19-3-5.png

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It gets re-seeded based on the regular season standings.

So right now, if all division leaders progress to the final 4 the matchups would be Colorado (1st) vs Washington (6th), and Toronto (2nd) vs Tampa (3rd).

View attachment 421842
Ahhhhhhhhh, so you're saying if Avs get to the SC Finals there is a chance we could play Toronto, Tampa, or even Winnipeg depending on the situation?

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
If Timmins can return and play like he's actually capable of playing, with confidence, we're going to be absolutely laughing with our depth on D, especially if EJ comes back too.

Toews -- Makar
Girard -- Johnson
Byram -- Graves
Nemeth - Timmins
MacDon

I'll be really interested to see if EJ does come back, and if he does, what shape he is in. 2019 playoff EJ would be great, he was a physical monster that was making life miserable for Gaudreau, and would be damn good partner to ease Byram into the playoffs with. I think my ideal playoff D roster would be:

Toews-Girard
Graves-Makar
Byram-EJ

Toews and G have played really well together, I don't think there's a need to split them up. At this point, I think it's ride or die with Graves, Bednar seems to like him and Makar's ability to cover up his ineptitude is notable. As I stated previously, I think Byram-EJ could be brilliant together. If Nemo steps into the lineup and outplays Graves, then I'd want Nemo-Makar (which I think would be better anyways).

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Ahhhhhhhhh, so you're saying if Avs get to the SC Finals there is a chance we could play Toronto, Tampa, or even Winnipeg depending on the situation?
Yeah, we could play a team from any of the other 3 divisions in the conference finals, and again any team in the SCF. Ideally we'd avoid Tampa until the SCF if possible. Facing them immediately after a bruising series against Vegas might be a tough ask.

Reactions: S E P H and Zandar

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Timmins called up....

110% without question he was being showcased hard in the AHL thr last couple weeks. Whatever deal they were looking at fell through and now immediately after the deadline he's back and we won't have to see Middleton in an Avs jersey ever again.

Reactions: Murzu

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Timmins called up....

110% without question he was being showcased hard in the AHL thr last couple weeks. Whatever deal they were looking at fell through and now immediately after the deadline he's back and we won't have to see Middleton in an Avs jersey ever again.

This is my feeling on it too. Showing him off to LA, Philly and Columbus

Reactions: Richard88

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The easier March and early April schedule is over and the Avs are about to run through a much tougher stretch in the next two weeks. The Blues finally got Parayko back and they're starting to roll again. I was hoping for more than a 4 point lead over Vegas for this stretch, but the Kings couldn't close out a 2-0 lead last night.

View attachment 421765

Meanwhile, Vegas' schedule is paper soft:

View attachment 421767
That Avs schedule is perfect to get them into playoff mode. You don't wanna be playing Zona, Anaheim before going into the playoffs.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
This is my feeling on it too. Showing him off to LA, Philly and Columbus

It just makes too much sense especially so with todays move.

Even with Timmins struggles in his stint here earlier this year, he was 1000x better than Middleton, Burroughs, and Reneuf.

And now the fact that its literally one day after the deadline and he's called up? Ya, he was being showcased for someone.

I think it was Iafallo personally, but I also wonder if maybe there was something more to the rumors of the Avs big game hunting yesterday and whatever it was involved Timmins before ultimately not getting done.

Could turn into an offseason deal.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Yeah, on the whole Roy, Duchene, ROR thing...

My take is when you are talking about your core, there is one trait that champions tend to have. They all tend to hate losing more than they enjoy winning. I could listen to Roy talk all day about hockey.

I really hope Roy gets another NHL gig. The NHL is better when he's a part of it. He'd probably never do it, but ideally I'd love to see ESPN go grab him to replace Melrose next year when the new contract kicks in.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
It just makes too much sense especially so with todays move.

Even with Timmins struggles in his stint here earlier this year, he was 1000x better than Middleton, Burroughs, and Reneuf.

And now the fact that its literally one day after the deadline and he's called up? Ya, he was being showcased for someone.

I think it was Iafallo personally, but I also wonder if maybe there was something more to the rumors of the Avs big game hunting yesterday and whatever it was involved Timmins before ultimately not getting done.

Could turn into an offseason deal.
Does anyone have a list of scouts that attended recent Eagles games?...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad