Pre-Game Talk: Week of Nobody Good (vs ANA, vs AZ, vs STL x2)

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Avs are totally going to get shit stomped this week because of my title but after the excitement of some big series’ against Minny and Vegas in previous weeks this week certainly does look a little light.

47CEFF34-50F8-4C16-ACA2-FA3D09423B8C.jpeg

0CD69F6F-0A71-45DE-8F47-7A7A41891757.jpeg

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
In all seriousness I definitely think they have some trouble with Anaheim tomorrow. Gibson is back. Plus the Avs are coming off their biggest emotional series of the year. They’ve had their sights set on the Vegas series for a long time and that’s what they’ve been building towards. Wouldn’t be shocked to see them take the foot off the gas tomorrow with motivation levels way down. Fortunately the Ducks will be on the second half of a traveling back to back.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I’m expecting a 3-1 record.

Wins against the Ducks/AZ and a split with the Blues.

The Avs have collected points in 10 straight games. Hopefully they can run that streak to 13, or 14.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
In all seriousness I definitely think they have some trouble with Anaheim tomorrow. Gibson is back. Plus the Avs are coming off their biggest emotional series of the year. They’ve had their sights set on the Vegas series for a long time and that’s what they’ve been building towards. Wouldn’t be shocked to see them take the foot off the gas tomorrow with motivation levels way down. Fortunately the Ducks will be on the second half of a traveling back to back.
Gibson has looked like Hunter Miska this season outside of the first two weeks

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
The Avs have been pretty good coming off a loss. I’m predicting a shit kicking tomorrow. It’d be pretty funny to knock St Louis out of a playoff spot.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Johansson should start against the Ducks.

They're probably the weakest team next week and a good opportunity for him(And us) to restore some sort of confidence in his game.

If he can't put up decent numbers against the Ducks, we might as well send him off on waivers.
We have a back to back against the Blues. Do you really want to play JJ twice this week?

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
The fact that it's an 8 team division is starting to get to me. I'm cracking a bit. None of these teams are competitive.

Reactions: MonsterMack

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The fact that it's an 8 team division is starting to get to me. I'm cracking a bit. None of these teams are competitive.
I agree. Not just the West division either. I don’t care to watch Toronto play Edmonton or Philly play Zibanejad anymore either. I understand the reasoning behind it all and I’m thankful there’s a hockey season but my god has it gotten old. With the Vegas series out of the way I feel like I have nothing to get amped up over as far as Avs games go for another month

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
Avs definitely should have a chip on their shoulder after yesterday. If not, that's highly disappointing. I think Dong alluded to them basically putting a lot of stock into those 2 VGK games.

Since they weren't flying yesterday, their energy should be ok.

I'm anxious to see what the transition game is like this week.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
The Avs have been pretty good coming off a loss. I’m predicting a shit kicking tomorrow. It’d be pretty funny to knock St Louis out of a playoff spot.
LA Kings seem to be gearing up for a push at the playoffs based on the futures-for-Lemieux trade. Wouldn't mind seeing LA grind Vegas down a bit ahead of the 2nd round (whilst we play against the softer Wild), especially with Lemieux taking liberties as is his way.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I do, we’re making the playoffs anyways so no need to overwork Grubauer.
Yeah, I think I'd lean towards playing JJ against Anaheim and again on the 2nd night against St Louis. If he gets even close to 0.900 against Anaheim we should beat them, and the Blues will have Ville Husso in net for one of the two games who isn't really that much better than JJ.

It could also be useful ahead of the playoffs to see how Johansson would perform against a team that can actually offer up something offensively (unlike Arizona or Anaheim). Not that I think we don't need to get a legit backup, but gauging your No.3 goalie against decent competition could be useful. If JJ can have a good game or two it might also give him some confidence ahead of the playoffs if he should be required (hopefully not).

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
JJ needs to play one of the games, either Anaheim or Arizona. Don't care which because both teams are bad. But if you want to go with the worse team then sure, play him against Anaheim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad