Pre-Game Talk: Week of Hope (WAS, CAR, FLA, TB, STL)

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Not really sure where to post this but I've seen a lot of hate being poured out on Roy, Holden and McLeod lately and am wondering why Duchene, ROR, Landeskog and MacKinnon seem to be more or less getting a free pass...or at least aren't getting called out for their lack of production nearly as vehemently.

Nick Holden for all his warts has the same number of PP goals as Matt Duchene.

Cody McLeod for all the grief he takes has as many GWG as MacKinnon, ROR and Landeskog combined.

Yes...the AVs need much better Dmen in general...but the struggles this year have a lot to do with the "star" forwards simply not scoring...even when given a chance. An improved d-corp might help cut down on goals against but the young forwards really need to get their own **** together.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not really sure where to post this but I've seen a lot of hate being poured out on Roy, Holden and McLeod lately and am wondering why Duchene, ROR, Landeskog and MacKinnon seem to be more or less getting a free pass...or at least aren't getting called out for their lack of production nearly as vehemently.

Nick Holden for all his warts has the same number of PP goals as Matt Duchene.

Cody McLeod for all the grief he takes has as many GWG as MacKinnon, ROR and Landeskog combined.

Yes...the AVs need much better Dmen in general...but the struggles this year have a lot to do with the "star" forwards simply not scoring...even when given a chance.

Because the core guys have been improving over the past month and a half, so they're trending in the right direction if they keep building on it. Whereas Highlander's always gunna be Highlander.

I've stopped *****ing about Holden as much as well since he started playing like the holden we all tolerated last season, again. I still wouldn't be against him getting scratched for Redmond if Stuart got put next to Barrie and Guenin played better with Redmond than Holden did, but he earned the ripping he got in the first half of the season with his play, like our top 4 was doing as well when they were really getting it hard.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Marc Moser @RadioMoser
Coach Roy's says Rendulic has broken leg and will miss a few weeks. Won't call anyone up. McLeod will go to 3rd line, Cliche back in.

Marc Moser @RadioMoser
Coach Roy says McLeod bringing lots of leadership and energy to team...deserves more ice time.

1001.gif

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The younger and more skilled guys (Rendulic/Everberg) looked better than the usual bottom six players. Now one goes down and it's right back to your regularly scheduled programming.

I guess there's no one else in LE Roy wants up with the big club? We're a better team when Talbot, McLeod, Briere, etc aren't on the third line.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lol @ Pickard. Guy just looks like he has so much fun playing hockey and would probably be such a joy to be around. I'm sure the guys all love him in the dressing room too

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Posted this in the main forum. The last two seasons:

Name | Games | Save percentage
Carey Price | 94 | 0.927
Semyon Varlamov | 89 | 0.926
Brian Elliott | 52 | 0.925
Tuukka Rask | 95 | 0.925
Roberto Luongo | 91 | 0.921
Frederik Andersen | 65 | 0.920
Ben Bishop | 99 | 0.920
Henrik Lundqvist | 96 | 0.920
Jonathan Bernier | 88 | 0.920
Pekka Rinne | 61 | 0.920
Cory Schneider | 85 | 0.920
Sergei Bobrovsky | 89 | 0.919
Corey Crawford | 87 | 0.919
Marc-Andre Fleury | 99 | 0.919

Varlamov is the exceptionally strong jaw of the decidedly average Avalanche boxer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad