Pre-Game Talk: Week of Hope (WAS, CAR, FLA, TB, STL)

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It's the week of the big road trip. I'm throwing St Louis in there, technically next week but wanted to make the vote about the whole road trip.

How many points do you predict? How many points do they absolutely have to get to keep this thing going?

My guess is 6, while I'd love more they just need to keep up a winning pace for now.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Whenever I get my hopes up they lose so I am going with a safe 0 and may be pleasantly surprised.

cccoltsicehockey

May 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Hoping for at least 7 pts and a win in CAR. Very interested to see who plays in goal against CAR. Will Pickard play tonight or tomorrow night. I would really like Varly to play against CAR as it is my one and only game I get to see each year.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Hoping for at least 7 pts and a win in CAR. Very interested to see who plays in goal against CAR. Will Pickard play tonight or tomorrow night. I would really like Varly to play against CAR as it is my one and only game I get to see each year.

I have to assume they would play Varly tonight against the bigger threat of a team and Pickard against the Hurricanes. Unfortunately for you. Just seems like the logical way to do it.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Should we trade Iggy if he smiles while we're losing again? I mean it's a pretty big deal right??

lol jk

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I think Pickard is confirmed for Carolina. Varly is going to play against his former team.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
So Berra isn't playing? I thought I read some posts complaining about him getting back in in the last game day thread (figured Roy said something in his post game pressed that I missed).

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Berra is in Lake Erie for conditioning. He's going to play 5 games there.

Thanks. That must be what the complaints were about.

I've always wondered this, but what's this difference in sending someone down for conditioning and just sending someone down normally? Why don't these guys going down for conditions have to go through waivers(or at least I'm under the impression they don't have to be waived to be sent down)?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Thanks. That must be what the complaints were about.

I've always wondered this, but what's this difference in sending someone down for conditioning and just sending someone down normally? Why don't these guys going down for conditions have to go through waivers(or at least I'm under the impression they don't have to be waived to be sent down)?

The conditioning thing is a waiver exemption. It's limited to two weeks and can only be done with the player's consent. Usually it's done after an injury, I guess if they've sat around x days they can go too.

Couple things that I wonder about this idea is that the Monsters play a 3 in 3 night with the third the afternoon following a night game. I really, really hope they don't force Berra in all 3. Those two are also against the worst team in the league. If Berra screws it up for the Monsters in those games...

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
The conditioning thing is a waiver exemption. It's limited to two weeks and can only be done with the player's consent. Usually it's done after an injury, I guess if they've sat around x days they can go too.

Couple things that I wonder about this idea is that the Monsters play a 3 in 3 night with the third the afternoon following a night game. I really, really hope they don't force Berra in all 3. Those two are also against the worst team in the league. If Berra screws it up for the Monsters in those games...

Thanks. I didn't realize there was a limit. It all makes sense now.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
This is a big road trip. They pull out 6+ points and they are right in this thing. If they don't the hype train will die quickly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad