Pre-Game Talk: Week of Excellence (STL, PHI, EDM, CBJ)

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Potentially a big week for the Avs.

3/4 of the games are definitely winnable games. If we can find a way to beat STL in the first game it could give us a lot of good momentum going into the next 3 as well(Which I believe are all at Home?).

Varly is back too, which could be the boost this club needed.

Honestly, I think 8/8 points is doable if the team plays like it has the past couple of weeks. Expecting 5-6 points though.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
I think the most important thing for us is to beat St Louis. We can't keep losing to the Hawks Blues and Wild all season and still expect to make the playoffs.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It's going to be extremely difficult to beat St Louis. After beating them how we did less than a week ago, it's almost impossible to beat them again so quickly.

Remember what happened when we played again a week after blowing out Vancouver and the Islanders? Yeah, that.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Patty basically throwing Berra into the water and telling him he either sinks or swims. It's up to him.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Why in the world did we reassign Everberg? That makes no sense.

Also glad to see that this is Berra's last shot. Make or break time for him.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Everberg hasn't been as good as in the beginning. But he is a better player than more than a few of the AHLers that we have in our bottom six. Wrong decision.

Would have preferered to waive Berra and run Varly and Pickard in a 2-1 ratio. But I understand doing this too.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I'd say McLeod has a free ticket but who else? Cliche is fine for his role, he's not the problem.

I think he is absolutely worthless in his role. But we all think differently. Especially on this team when we only have one centre who can handle a tough match up and he is mostly used on the wing. Having a 4th line C that is clueless in his own zone is something I hate.

Bordeleau shouldn't have a job in this league IMO. But I get that some feel his fighting skills add something.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I think he is absolutely worthless in his role. But we all think differently. Especially on this team when we only have one centre who can handle a tough match up and he is mostly used on the wing. Having a 4th line C that is clueless in his own zone is something I hate.

Bordeleau shouldn't have a job in this league IMO. But I get that some feel his fighting skills add something.
That's a large exaggeration, and just plain wrong, to say the least. Cliche is fine defensively. He provides no offense, but he's usually in the right spot defensively.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
That's a large exaggeration, and just plain wrong, to say the least. Cliche is fine defensively. He provides no offense, but he's usually in the right spot defensively.

We think differently on this. Maybe he would look better without Bordy and McLeod on his wings for most of the time. But I dont think so.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
We think differently on this. Maybe he would look better without Bordy and McLeod on his wings for most of the time. But I dont think so.

He hasn't had Bordeleau on his Wing at all this season, and he plays the 4C role fine.

Dont understand what it is you have against him, but you've always had a strong dislike for the guy. He's a black hole offensively, but he's a solid PKer, and more then capable in his own zone. Pretty much everything you'd expect from a 4th liner.

He's shown to be better Defensively then Talbot this year.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
He hasn't had Bordeleau on his Wing at all this season, and he plays the 4C role fine.

Dont understand what it is you have against him, but you've always had a strong dislike for the guy. He's a black hole offensively, but he's a solid PKer, and more then capable in his own zone. Pretty much everything you'd expect from a 4th liner.

He's shown to be better Defensively then Talbot this year.

I know Bordy has been injured. But most of his NHL career he has had Bordy on his wing. Who would drag anyone down.

I disagree about his defense. Goaltending saves his ass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad