Pre-Game Talk: Week of a new year (LA, SJ, NYR)

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
He is, the game last night looked nothing like the games from the disaster year. Hell the Kings looked more like that team than we did.

Disagree, at least for the first 40 minutes. I thought Colorado was going to get shut out.

Fortunately, we were treated to a wild third period and they salvaged a point.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Sorry for the off-topic question (from a Rangers fan). Does anyone know which hotels opposing teams tend to stay at? I imagine it would be one of the ones in LoDo/16th street area?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Sorry for the off-topic question (from a Rangers fan). Does anyone know which hotels opposing teams tend to stay at? I imagine it would be one of the ones in LoDo/16th street area?
Those are kept secret. Journalists aren't allowed to tell.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Avs need a PK shake up. LOC deserves a look there for sure, and Bourque needs to be sitting in the press box, permanently. This team is going to continue losing unless they start killing some big penalties. Where are the guys that had the best PK at home in the NHL?

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Avs need a PK shake up. LOC deserves a look there for sure, and Bourque needs to be sitting in the press box, permanently. This team is going to continue losing unless they start killing some big penalties. Where are the guys that had the best PK at home in the NHL?

If im doing the PK, i'd go:

Lando-JTC
Cole-EJ

Nieto-Soda
Graves-Nemeth

Z replaces Nemeth when he gets back, Wilson replaces Nieto when he gets back

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Lando-JTC
Cole-EJ

Nieto-Soda
Graves-Nemeth

Nieto is fine, honestly the only one I've had a major problem with lately is Borq. JTC, Soda, Nieto, and Calvert, yeah maybe Landy, or someone else as the 5th. However, we do not NEED borq the way Bednar seems to think we do for that role. Just about anyone else would be just as much of a gamble.

Borq should be fine as the 13th, and playing some when needed, but in the lineup every night hes not going to give you the same level of energy required that makes him useful. Very few players can do that consistently.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Lando-JTC
Cole-EJ

Nieto-Soda
Graves-Nemeth

Nieto is fine as a PK'er and I dont want Landy out there playing hard minutes. Kinda sad we havent been able to draft and develop someone to kill penalties and take key faceoffs for this team haha

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Yeah, I'm just thinking lol. I know Lando is already playing too much but just looking at ways to give the PK a kick in the ass.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Nieto is fine as a PK'er and I dont want Landy out there playing hard minutes. Kinda sad we havent been able to draft and develop someone to kill penalties and take key faceoffs for this team haha

Yeah Calvert was the one I forgot and edited in. Soda, JTC, Calvert, and Nieto. I do think Bednar hates using any one forward on both units though. Which speaks to JTC as well as Landy. I'd definitely still use Landy 5th or 6th if needed.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013

Lando-JTC
Cole-EJ

Nieto-Soda
Graves-Nemeth

Landy would be great on the PK, but I think his ice time would be creeping up a little too much if you did that. Also, the Avs like to end the PKs and throw the top line on immediately following.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad