Pre-Game Talk: Week of a new year (LA, SJ, NYR)

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Dater after the LA game:

"IT will never get as bad as it was in 2016-17. Colorado Avalanche games were literally over after the first five minutes in that slow rotisserie torture of a season, one of the worst by any team in NHL history.

But it sure feels like there is a faint whiff of that malodorous air from then around this team again, doesn’t it? A lot of the guys from that 48-point season are still here, and you can start to see some looks of what sure looks like post-traumatic stress disorder on their faces right now. "

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Dater after the LA game:

"IT will never get as bad as it was in 2016-17. Colorado Avalanche games were literally over after the first five minutes in that slow rotisserie torture of a season, one of the worst by any team in NHL history.

But it sure feels like there is a faint whiff of that malodorous air from then around this team again, doesn’t it? A lot of the guys from that 48-point season are still here, and you can start to see some looks of what sure looks like post-traumatic stress disorder on their faces right now. "

Dater will never stop being the type that attempts to create his own controversy in order to get clicks. It's just his style.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Dater will never be someone who can look at something and not think about something negative in the past. He's just that kind of guy. He's an....asshole?

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
Avs have only faced a team with bad goaltending (<.900) in 3/15 games, either they’re extremely unlucky right now, or shot selection is horrible or a bit of both.

Reactions: MacBradley

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
I don’t think Dater is creating controversy. The Avalanche have won four of it’s last 15 games. Things are not good right now.

He is, the game last night looked nothing like the games from the disaster year. Hell the Kings looked more like that team than we did.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
So what's the word on the Frankie call up?

We haven't heard anything about a Varly or Grubs injury so this seems strange... Would love it if it's a trade about to happen and Varly is sent packing.

ljb4

Feb 10, 2016
westminster Co
That seems quite a bit out of the ordinary to call up Francouz just for Varly to have a day off... Not sure I'm completely buying that one but I guess we'll see

May just be a way to get a better look to see if he is ready to be an NHL back-up in preparation for a Varly deal closer to the deadline?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
That’s the beauty of having a team in Loveland. Especially since Frankie’s salary is the same in both the NHL and AHL. Varly needed a day off so they got their third goalie up. Not a huge deal.

Reactions: Balthazar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad