Pre-Game Talk: Week before Christmas (Islanders, Habs, Hawks, Coyotes)

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
f***... Just thought of the fact that it's a huge missed opportunity for the organization and Greer to be missing out on playing with Ghetto & Jost.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I dunno...the way Jost and Ghetto are playing right now, I don't think they'd be doing AJG any favors.

They maybe haven't been second line great, but facing 4th line competition they'd be much better than anyone else they've let Greer play with.

Reactions: cgf

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Been watching some Mackinnon goals from last season and yah he needs to shoot more. Alot of North -South hockey from him aswell. The moment he crossed the line he was looking shot unless one of his linemates was wide open. He needs to get back to that. He did some serious damage on the PP with his shot last season.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Been watching some Mackinnon goals from last season and yah he needs to shoot more. Alot of North -South hockey from him aswell. The moment he crossed the line he was looking shot unless one of his linemates was wide open. He needs to get back to that. He did some serious damage on the PP with his shot last season.
Exactly. He's been getting too cute on the PP and rarely takes 1 timers anymore.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Can we all just bask in the idea that a player that has 12 points in his last 7 games is in a slump?

Slump is definitely the wrong word but the most elite players will always find a way to put up some points. I think people are just concerned a bit with his puck management as of late.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
To be fair, he is still shooting, it's just not going in automatically like it did last season. His shooting % was SKY HIGH last year, it was bound to regress. Also, the opposition is a lot more keyed in to stopping him and they're piling a lot more bodies in front, and goalies (far as I can tell) are squaring up on him more quickly. This should open up Mikko, TB, and others a lot more. But yes he's clearly frustrated about his shots not going in right now. He's just gotta play through it, and hey in the meantime he's still making some amazing passes.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
To be fair, he is still shooting, it's just not going in automatically like it did last season. His shooting % was SKY HIGH last year, it was bound to regress. Also, the opposition is a lot more keyed in to stopping him and they're piling a lot more bodies in front, and goalies (far as I can tell) are squaring up on him more quickly. This should open up Mikko, TB, and others a lot more. But yes he's clearly frustrated about his shots not going in right now. He's just gotta play through it, and hey in the meantime he's still making some amazing passes.

What bothers me is the major ones that stand out. When he goes to the middle of the ice and opens up lanes for himself and still dishes it, or like on that break away lol. I actually agree with the sentiment that sometimes he needs to change it up though.

Also I can't get over where the f*** his one-timer went off too. I get it not working as much, but it's f***ing evaporated lol.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I’m starting to fall in love with Grubauer more and more each game but I think Varly should get this game. Guy has been straight fire his entire career against the Hawks. .936 all time. Hawks players know it too and he’s in their head.

Grubauer is playing better hockey but I’d throw Varly in because I think a game against the Hawks gets the confidence going.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland

UnfoldedSpotlessCopepod-small.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad