NCAA GDT: Week 9: Battle for the B1G East

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Nah they don’t have the best. Top 5 though. Alabama Oklahoma schools are better and probably ohio

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
You talking about offenses? They are 5th in total offense but lead the nation in scoring offense.

Yeah but they haven’t played anybody. Maryland would have been good had they not been totally injured. And then the next best only about 34 points or something.

But because they have been destroying most they are still top 5

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Yeah but they haven’t played anybody. Maryland would have been good had they not been totally injured. And then the next best only about 34 points or something.

But because they have been destroying most they are still top 5

They're opponents are a combined 30-25. Oklahoma State 29-35. Oklahoma 28-36. Alabama 30-35. Sure not all 5-3 or 2-6 teams are equal but they haven't played a bunch of terrible nobody's like you suggest.

They've been destroying people because they haven't been able to stop them. They have also been up big in a lot of games and pulled the starters early yet still putting up yards and points.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
PSU could still make the playoff. Look at the remaining schedules for...

The Lions: MSU, Rutgers, Nebraska, Maryland

OSU: Iowa, MSU, Illinois, Michigan

3 potentially tough games vs. 1 potentially tough game.

Urban is more likely to falter here than Franklin.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
They're opponents are a combined 30-25. Oklahoma State 29-35. Oklahoma 28-36. Alabama 30-35. Sure not all 5-3 or 2-6 teams are equal but they haven't played a bunch of terrible nobody's like you suggest.

They've been destroying people because they haven't been able to stop them. They have also been up big in a lot of games and pulled the starters early yet still putting up yards and points.

Maybe not nobodies. But Illinois or Rutgers would probably beat Austin peay as well

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

Just remember you gotta change your avatar to a big red R when penn loses to Rutgers :laugh:

Yeah I kind of see Ohio State losing to somebody. They play Iowa at home as well

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Ohio State isn't losing twice. It's Wisconsin you might need to be more worried about, even if they lose and still beat Ohio in the B1G Championship.

Butch Jones moves to 0-5 in the SEC.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
After thinking about it, that's a Top 5 all time game for me (Buckeyes). Right up there with:

-Michigan 02
-Miami 03
-Michigan 06
-Alabama 15
-Penn St 17

My top 10:
1. Georgia
2. Alabama
3. Ohio State
4. Clemson
5. Notre Dame
6. Oklahoma
7. Penn St
8. Wisconsin
9. Miami Fl
10. Oklahoma St

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Ohio State isn't losing twice. It's Wisconsin you might need to be more worried about, even if they lose and still beat Ohio in the B1G Championship.

Butch Jones moves to 0-5 in the SEC.
Still holding out hope, slim as it may be. Just need to keep rooting against the other too 10 teams. I have the confidence the Lions will take care of business and finish 11-1.

If things don’t work out, I’ll still be happy with a BCS Bowl victory. Looking at how far this program has come since the sanctions, it’s surreal. Just always hope for more...

Sep 19, 2008
PSU probably done after that. Especially if they lose to MSU next week.

Arizona lit it up last night. People were whispering about Rich Rod being fired after Arizona lost to some unranked scrub.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
PSU probably done after that. Especially if they lose to MSU next week.

Arizona lit it up last night. People were whispering about Rich Rod being fired after Arizona lost to some unranked scrub.

Agreed, as I said before other than PSU people nobody wants them near the playoff. If it somehow still works out, so be it. But bottom line they don't deserve it right now. Very weak schedule, haven't beaten anyone good, should have lost to a mediocre Iowa team, then completely choked yesterday.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
The same Rutgers that lost to Eastern Michigan? Or Illinois who's big win on the year is Ball State? Would a beat down of a Big 10 cellar dweller make it better?

Illinois would beat most of the teams they played. Same with any p5 cellar dweller.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
i was wrong about Franklin, I thought he was too slick and wouldn't work up there. He's obviously got it rolling.

He's from Pennsylvania and spent 6 years coaching at Maryland. He was responsible for recruiting the D.C./Baltimore area. He was actually a great hire for them. A lot of talent in the beltway.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
He's from Pennsylvania and spent 6 years coaching at Maryland. He was responsible for recruiting the D.C./Baltimore area. He was actually a great hire for them. A lot of talent in the beltway.

I guess I didn't like his quote about not hiring assistant coaches if their wives aren't attractive. Saying if you can't get a hot woman to marry you, you can't recruit, or something like that.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
...as to why, if you want to be in the playoffs, you better hope you aren't battling for a spot against tOSU. They bring the most eyeballs to the TV.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
For the regular bowls sure but the playoffs wants the 4 best teams. If Miami makes the playoffs they aren't gonna travel any better than a non P5 school if they get sent to the Rose bowl, maybe they draw a few more eyes to the TV for ratings but that's it. Some schools will travel well no matter where the game is but that shouldn't determine who makes the playoffs.

It shouldn't, but it does. The playoffs (and the BCS it replaced) are a popularity contest first; everything they actually profess to be is secondary. Which isn't to say they can't still get it right, but the first tie-breaker between close teams is always historical significance and popularity of the program. As an Oklahoma State fan, I've already accepted that they're toast, save for complete chaos ensuing. TCU similarly iced themselves yesterday. Oklahoma is the only Big 12 team with a chance at the playoffs. Not because they're actually better than OSU or TCU (they may or may not be, it's TBD at this point), but because they're the only Big 12 team popular enough to potentially be favoured over a 1-loss Georgia/Miami/Wisconsin/Pedophiles contender should it come to that. Just the way it is. Rule of thumb for making the playoffs is:

1. Go undefeated in winning a P5 conference.

2. If you lose a game, make sure you are:

a. From the SEC
b. From the Big Ten
c. Notre Dame or Oklahoma
d. You're not any of the above?...ummm...are you at least Clemson, USC, or FSU?
e. Uh oh...you're not even Texas or Oregon?
f. Ok wait...so you ARE undefeated but you're not from a P5 conference...hmmm
g. Sorry, please play again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad