NCAA GDT: Week 9: Battle for the B1G East

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Houston idiotic move - I have no idea why these dumbasses try and knock their own conference out of the CFP.

USF had no chance at making the playoff. What should they do? Lose on purpose so the conference gets more money?

I remember back when the BCS existed that some MAC school (forgot who it was) was in their conference championship game and undefeated. If they won, they'd make a BCS bowl and get more money for their conference. The undefeated team lost.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Lincoln Riley is such a good playcaller. Has a great feel and rhythm. Most college OC's just call plays to call plays but he is always thinking ahead.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Mayfield airmails one. Won't matter a lot, both teams are going to put up 50 anyways.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Exactly, this was/is a rebuild year for OSU, who is good but honestly not that good. I'm not surprised at all Penn State wet the bed. Like I said last week, they hadn't played anybody really good thanks to creampuff non conference scheduling again, and a mediocre conference. Honestly OSU should have won this by a lot more.

PSU is basically done unless a lot of people lose a second game. Nobody outside the PSU cult wants to see them anywhere near the playoffs.

Should be some good shakeup though. TCU going down as well, and Notre Dame with another impressive beat down of a ranked opponent.

OSU hadn’t Played anyone until today. Their schedules are very soft at times

But everyone gives them a pass for their crap schedule because fhey’re Ohio State

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
OSU hadn’t Played anyone until today. Their schedules are very soft at times

But everyone gives them a pass for their crap schedule because fhey’re Ohio State
Huh? They played Oklahoma

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Only a handful of teams ever get though the season without a loss. But they actually played someone. Penn State by their own admission likened their best opponent to Akron.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
How much of the money do the players get for not trying hard? Nothing.

What happens if they try hard? Getting drafted.

I'm not saying Houston should throw the game - that would be absolutely horrible...but Houston had several other chances to play hard and get noticed. They lost to Tulsa for crying out loud...this is not the time to try and show up and play hero. AAC has a chance with UCF but there was no point in knocking out USF. Nothing has been accomplished except ruining a chance at representation. The other conf's might do the same (knock each other out) so if that happens then UCF can get in by winning out but I just think it would have been wiser if the decision of who would represent the conference was left to Nov 24th.

Last edited:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I'm not saying Houston should throw the game - that would be absolutely horrible...but Houston had several other chances to play hard and get noticed. They lost to Tulsa for crying out loud...this is not the time to try and show up and play hero. AAC has a chance with UCF but there was no point in knocking out USF. Nothing has been accomplished except ruining a chance at representation. The other conf's might do the same (knock each other out) so if that happens then UCF can get in by winning out but I just think it would have been wiser if the decision of who would represent the conference was left to Nov 24th.

That’s houston. They still have that tom Herman (Houston version) mentality. Almost lose/lose against bad teams and then beat the good ones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad